BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 733 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well BLU gets chainspell terror now at least with the 0 recast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Well BLU gets chainspell terror now at least with the 0 recast.
    Shouldn't really change much given terrors duration. Can get away with not hasting the blu I guess lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Heh, draws an amusing contrast with their RDM excuse. Also, wtf. Chainspell Stun has existed for over a decade.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I posted blue magic and will translate the other stuff. @Yugl, attack power is exactly what it says for Natures Meditation, not sure what you were thinking it was.
    Used to just seeing Kou instead of Kougekiryoku as ATT, so I assumed they would include BLU ATT to make that distinction. A quick check of the JP wiki says no though, so lame anyways.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some of the clarifications are good, Bst being able to spam Ready and Sic moves, Blu being able to spam UL spells, Drk's still being one of, if not the strongest, etc.

Rdm comments still show a pretty large disconnect with how we play the game, and how they think the game works. Maybe he's right, and the new BC's are going to be balls to the wall, macc is going to be a pain, and having a 60 min ES Sleep is going to be make or break. I doubt it though. :/ Can see where their stance is coming from though. Assume a BC against multiple tough enemies, which are incredibly hard (even with Blm's SP2, which I can only assume has much less +macc than Rdm's) to sleep, and having Stymie as a duration buff would create a situation which is much, much easier.

We just don't have any such situations now, not only with the number of mobs, but with the ease of landing spells due to our abundance of +macc. In no way am I defending the SP2, it's fucking terrible for an SP, but I can see their reasoning at least.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Matsui
    Geomancer

[[With the expanded effect range, will the visual effect also be expanded?]]

Yes, the visual effect will expand along with the area of effect.
    Urg. Wish they'd think of something actually useful. Such an effect would be great on a much lower CD, for when the mob moves out of range. But doubling the range as an "oshit" button just has no real applicable use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Should have let you put 2 luopans up instead.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

There is no reasoning for how shitty rdms SP is. Its a 60 minute ES. You can slice and dice it however you want, put on as many sprinkles as you desire, its still a 60 minute elemental seal that only works on enfeebling magic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post

Rdm comments still show a pretty large disconnect with how we play the game, and how they think the game works..
    It's not even between how we play and how they think the game works it's how the game actually works. Even if you created some situation where you can only land a debuff with this and even if they make that debuff extremely useful both big ifs to begin with you simply can't make them great to chain cast unless you completely rewrite game mechanics into another game or add much better debuffs.

I mean when I saw that comment about how we need to come across a situation to know how useful it is the first thing I thought was you need to actually play the game to know how useful those debuffs are.

And I don't get the comment about how in the future debuffs will become more important so that is somehow supposed to make a move that helps you land 1 debuff be more useful? What are they expecting an entire team of rdms using jae with a 1hr recast to sleep a couple of mobs?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's really fucking dumb that it doesn't even bypass immunities. I could see them MAYBE justifying this if it completely ignored all immunities.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What kind of fight will have its tide turned by paralysis? Usually when you wipe, its because a TP move gets through and fucks you up.

Im pretty sure every tojil ive wiped to with competant players is usually because of delves shitty packet loss / unexplainable lag causing unexpected lahars or 3 second missed stuns.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The real question for me is whether or not SAM's "evade TP moves" SP ability will be able to avoid Ironclad attacks, Tojil attacks, etc. and have them count towards its WS damage bonus.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

rdm and geo sps are fucking useless and thfs sp is highly situational. they should have made the rdm sp a reversed embrava (as a debuff) given geos the ability to put up a 3. bubble either on self or mobs. thfs sp should have been constant triple attacks.
    cors sp should have been a third roll. i mean brds just got a 5. song. this shit is widening the discrepancy between buffers/debuffers alot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I had to make an account to post my feeling on this... news...

"Instead of one spell, please allow the ability to affect all enfeebling magic cast for a duration."

Since the ability also affects Silence and Sleep which can completely stop the enemy from performing certain actions, if we were to give the ability a duration, it would be possible to continuously neutralize an enemy for a duration. If we had to consider such tactics when creating new monsters, we no longer be able to avoid placing immunities on certain monsters, which would then serve to narrow the available tactics to players in general. Because of this, the ability only affects the first spell.
    So... The ability to land a 1 minute duration sleep will preclude us from getting an ability that lasts 30-45 seconds... What!? So SE is fine with use sleeping Tojil or some other mob for 1 minute, but not for 1 minute. Wait, what? That is the worst, least thought out excuse they have ever come up with.

I cannot imagine many uses for this ability.

For the current content, the highest level is Delve and one of the spells that would benefit here would be Paralyze. In future content, like the battlefields introduced in November and December, when players are battling several monsters at the same time, we believe that some other enfeebling magic choices might become useful as well.
    Yeah, Paralyze, that's a real game changer. Try again. Oh, I see in the future the job that only has single target enfeebles will be better off using a JA with 1 use against multiple mobs... I demand an elaboration on this point, because I'm fairly sure you don't need to get a colonoscopy any time soon. Your head is so far up you backside that you can check for polyps just by looking around.

Please extend the effect duration of enfeebling magic.

For enfeebling magic, by strengthening your MND using equipment, you can boost spells to be fully effective.
    Thanks for pointing out something we already knew and that is unrelated to the request.

For extension of the duration, since you can selectively use Saboteur in combination with this ability, there are no plans to change the current status.
    And adding this ability to a 60 Minute job ability with 0 use is too much to ask?

Unlike normal abilities for which you're already aware of the usefulness, until you come across an opportunity to actually use this ability, it may be hard to fully understand the potential of its performance.
    We play the game, Matsui. we know what situations it will be useful in and they are so few that it is of 0 value. Do you know any situation in which this ability will be of use? If you did you would have mentioned it.

Because the defensive abilities are only useful in certain situations, on the development team side, we plan to adjust monsters and content specifications so that players can take better advantage of these abilities and use them strategically. Because of this, based on the current situation, we understand the disagreement on implementation of these abilities.
    Unless Paralyze is as powerful on NMs as Roar's paralyze effect from tigers is on a player there is no situation offensive, support or defensive where paralyze landing is going to be worth a 1 hour ability. And I see absolutely no way that any changes are going to make it anything but a waste of pixels on our screens.

Even after the abilities are implemented, the development team will continue to make adjustments based on your feedback.
    If you went to a restaurant and everyone got utensils to eat with except you. Would you be pissed or would you accept that the waiter will occasionally see if you are getting by using you hands with the promise that they may, but probably won't, bring you a fork or spoon at some unspecified time? We are paying for the meal, we expect the tools we need to enjoy it.

However, please first try the new abilities out in various situations where you can see their full potential.
    I don't need to get hit by a train to know that it will suck. I have enough related knowledge to create an accurate conclusion of how it will turn out. Same goes for this ability. If there is ever a situation where RDM needs to land a spell that requires a lot of MAcc (which we should already have from the changes to iLVL weapons) they will sub BLM for a 10 minute version of this ability that has more use than just enfeebles.

In conclusion:

Stop hating on RDM so much. it's already completely useless. Why not throw them a bone?

On a side note:

If you have been hired to drive players away from FFXI so that they never want to play an SE MMO ever again, you're right on track. Keep up the good work. The sooner you complete your goal the sooner you will be unemployed and no game company will ever want to hire you again.

Edit: Commas! What do they do?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Para is pretty nice if you can get it to land and proc often. Slow2/Paralyze2, paired with Elegy, essentially broke the game, which is why RDM was almost essential to every fight and why practically every NM was made immune until as of late.

And I don't know about useless. On paper, it might not be so hot, but whenever I do anything, having a RDM around just seems to make everything run smoother.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Para is not a game changer in any way though, it's a convenience at best. If something being paralyzed saves you, something is wrong in the first place. You don't want to rely on RNG to save your life. The proc rate is actually pretty damn low, it will cut down on healing a little at best in a realistic scenario.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    Para is pretty nice if you can get it to land and proc often. Slow2/Paralyze2, paired with Elegy, essentially broke the game, which is why RDM was almost essential to every fight and why practically every NM was made immune until as of late.

And I don't know about useless. On paper, it might not be so hot, but whenever I do anything, having a RDM around just seems to make everything run smoother.
    Only accuracy is increased not potency. Until players get mob strength enfeebles (never) we can just spam paralyze every few seconds until it lands for minimal loss of MP/utility. And given the level of MACC we already have, landing it is almost never an issue unless they are immune, obviously.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Even after the abilities are implemented, the development team will continue to make adjustments based on your feedback.
    They clearly won't be adjusting RDM's new SP though. There was so much negative feedback that he had to actually make a post defending the completely indefensible ability, and why they'll be implementing it in spite of everything anyway. We're supposed to think that their position on it will miraculously change if they keep getting feedback that they've already dismissed once it's in the game? What the fuck. If it was guaranteed to land and bypassed immunities it could at the very least be used to silence a mob during chainspell or bind/gravity them during other dangerous SPs.

It's literally another job's ability with a more limited scope and six times the cooldown. It's not even a joke; it's a slap in the face.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post

actually, if you're referring to the nov 09 patch, NM's were made immune to EVERY debuff, not just paralyze. I dont think any recently added NM's have full debuff immunity.

Paralyze is a convenience debuff on a mob, and in a long drawn out fight, may influence the battle as in the long run it could save a good chunk of mp spent, but in a zerged fight (because there are no drawn out fights these days)...its useless. Paralyzing Tojil isnt going to stop Surge or Lahar, paralyzing Duk wont stop Mayhem, which are the moves that will heavily influence a loss.

They really could have done so much more with this. Could have given capped macc for 60 seconds, and even limit it to just enfeebling magic (since they'd probably be so worried about rdm/drk chain stunning delve NM's). How bad would that be? Oh, shit so a rdm is going to be able to cast para and slow with max mnd, GAME FUCKING BREAKER RIGHT THERE. Para is still subject to fuck you RNG and now you have an extra 2% slow for 2 minutes, stop the presses, you've just completely overhauled every damn HNM. What else is there? Dia always lands, no one cares about poison 2 except avesta, blind wont do fuck all, and silence doesnt matter most of the time. Oh wait I forgot gravity. Add on an extra -40 evasion.

The only way I could see Sleeping a mob as part of a strategic tactic, and not just a "stop and recover" tactic is the following:
    upon claiming a timer starts, and at any point between the 5 and 6 minute mark, it will gain full debuff immunity and will deal a massive fuck you aoe that hits the entire battle field and forces a loss (think of it like Tenzen's Cosmic Eluciation or whatever). It will only do it once, like a 2hr, and if the timer passes, it will lose it. Or something like that...and to really say "see we made RDM SP2 useful", they will code it so that sleep will only land with rdm SP2 active.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol at rdm response "you guys just don't understand how awesome our team's idea is!"

Anyway, how's Blistering Roar different from Absolute Terror if it's only terror effect and on unbribled as well? Duration?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Absolute terror is single target, blistering roar seems to be AoE.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 733 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast