Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 733 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Lol at rdm response "you guys just don't understand how awesome our team's idea is!"

Anyway, how's Blistering Roar different from Absolute Terror if it's only terror effect and on unbribled as well? Duration?
    I'm guessing Range or duration. As it is a UL spell I expect one or the other to be significantly longer. We'll find out in 3 days.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dev Tracker: Discussion

What if you stacked mind or int at the expense of all macc gear when using the sp? Sure the Macc is useless if you're in Macc gear. But maybe it's got something to it of you gear for it. This would mostly affect accessories.

Edit: thread moving fast. I see this was mentioned and dismissed while I was typing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If it lets you land sleep on any Delve MB without hassle, I can see it being pretty useful. I know that we couldn't ES sleep shark, but you can N/T lullaby it and also bee(not sure if ES sleep works on bee). N/T lullaby has never worked for me on trex and I don't think ES sleep worked either(only light shot ever slept it for us but not with great success), so having a means to 100% sleep a NM for a small break to rebuff/recover could be very useful.

Disappointed they didn't expand on DRG's SP. If it's like how it was on the test server, Ryu DRG will be amazingly broken. IIRC, the DPS increase DRG was getting from it was like a boost from 1000 DPS to 2500(WAR doesn't even get anywhere close to that kind of increase out of MS).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Unless it allows you to bypass this cap:
    Slow II attack speed reduction caps out at a 75 dMND (difference of MND between the caster and the target).
    Theres only so much MND you can stack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With the stat spam now it's really actually hard to focus on stats anyways at least compared to before.

And either way slow II is still so weak. Even fully merited and dmnd and saboteured and geared it will still be less significantly less than a elegey

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Disappointed they didn't expand on DRG's SP. If it's like how it was on the test server, Ryu DRG will be amazingly broken. IIRC, the DPS increase DRG was getting from it was like a boost from 1000 DPS to 2500(WAR doesn't even get anywhere close to that kind of increase out of MS).
    Yes, this is going to be really awesome. I bet it will end up being best to alternate Soul Jump, (Jump), and Drakesbane instead of just spamming Jump (as long as your Wyvern is out), though. Combine this with Spirit Surge and DRG/WAR is really not looking that bad as a zerg DD.

Activate AM3 -> Angon -> SP2 -> (Soul Jump -> (Jump if not at 100 TP) -> Drakesbane :: repeat until SP2 wears off) -> melee for a minute depending on the zerg length so you don't overwrite Angon -> (Call Wyvern if necessary) -> Spirit Surge -> switch to low Haste/Acc TP build -> WS some more!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    If it lets you land sleep on any Delve MB without hassle, I can see it being pretty useful.
    It wont. Any mob that can be debuffed without immunobreak will be debuffed with ES 95% of the time

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    With the stat spam now it's really actually hard to focus on stats anyways at least compared to before.

And either way slow II is still so weak. Even fully merited and dmnd and saboteured and geared it will still be less significantly less than a elegey
    Slow II is stronger than Elegy with Saboteur and high dMND, even on NMs where Saboteur is nerfed. Elegy is 50%, while a properly geared and maxed Slow II is 72.5% slow (if Enhances Enfeebles stacks multiplicatively with Saboteur) or 68.8% slow (if it stacks additively).

Of course, you have to have 5 merits in Slow II, and mobs like Tojil seem to have attributes of 200+, so you won't be capping dMND without weird stuff like etudes (or Impact, I suppose).

Honestly, I think removing the nerfing of Saboteur on NMs would be a good first step, in combination with their stated plans to make Slow effects work on TP physicals. With an unnerfed Saboteur, a well geared RDM could keep a 80-100% Slow II on full time, or a -94/-108 evasion Gravity II on nearly half the time.

Another interesting thing they could do with enfeebles (other than adding ones that would actually be inherently useful, like something to hinder TP moves), is that they could make Addle strong enough to make you actually resist endgame mobs with Adoulin MEVA gear. If you could commonly half resist Dakuwaka, for example, he'd be a lot less dangerous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Slow II is stronger than Elegy with Saboteur and high dMND, even on NMs where Saboteur is nerfed. Elegy is 50%, while a properly geared and maxed Slow II is 72.5% slow (if Enhances Enfeebles stacks multiplicatively with Saboteur) or 68.8% slow (if it stacks additively).
    Hmmm I'm reading that you can't go past 50% and you can on ffxiclopedia lol. Hmmm then why was soul voice elegy popular back in the day? Either way in todays game nm auto attacks are the least dangerous part of them

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From my experience from Delve bosses, neither TP moves nor auto attacks are particularly dangerous alone (damage wise). On Tojil, you aren't going to be oneshotted unless you're under Lahar AND he does a TP move > strong physical in a row (like the bite). Otherwise, he's perfectly easy to survive against while weakened.

On Dakuwaqa, 95% of deaths not caused by bad positioning + Marine Mayhem are from his physical attacks after he's inflicted you with defense or max HP down, or with Carcharian Verve up under 25%. If he attacked half as quickly, he wouldn't be nearly so dangerous.

Delve TP moves are nasty, but other than Lahar and Volcanic Stasis, they're not on the level of nastiness of say, Hall of Mul mobs. Nothing they do are on the level of "fuck you" that moves like Typhoean Rage, Kaledoscopic Fury, Yaksha: Oblivion, Death Prophet, or Oblivion's Mantle are.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am more concerned that I wont ever learn any of those delve NM moves on BLU because everything gets stunned lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Carcharian Verve is unstunnable under 25%, Muyingwa isn't typically stunned too much from what I've seen, and Tojil uses Blistering Roar on pull. It probably won't be a problem to have them go off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah but at least from what I've seen more uses have a better chance to learn. Especially near death

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Verve and Whirlwind go off a lot anyway, so they won't be a problem (stun wise). I'm sure there will be groups put together to learn Roar from Tojil, so they'll probably just instruct the SCHs to ignore stunning Roar; he can only use it four times, anyway.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Would they not be learnable from wildskeeper reives?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One of Matsui's posts said that they currently are not, due to how reives are coded.

He said they'll fix that in the future, but I'm sure many BLUs will not want to wait.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am more concerned that I wont ever learn any of those delve NM moves on BLU because everything gets stunned lol
    You can learn stunned moves I'm pretty sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    You can learn stunned moves I'm pretty sure.
    Low sample and all but I know when I used to do nyzle blu and didn't have a lot of random spells I'd not learn them if I kept stunning but once I stopped learned like a champ. Same with memento mori in limbus. Took blu several times and nothing but the one time we didn't chain stun I got it. So while that doesn't go to you can't it does make it seem like at least better chance no stun.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm *pretty sure* as long as the mob 'readies' the move, it can be learned. Been so long since I've had to learn anything in those conditions so I'm not 100%

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Spirit Surge -> switch to low Haste/Acc TP build -> WS some more!
    Didn't they recently change spirit surge's haste to JA haste instead of gear haste?

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 733 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast