Closed Thread
Page 2 of 733 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    In light of the official translations I noticed something in mine was a bit off - the post does not say that they are removing the Rare tags from existing stuff but rather that the new loot they add will not have the rare tag. I'm not sure what that solves unless those would be prioritized in the case where you had a rare item already. Even then, what happens when you get them all? Will go back and correct but wanted to point it out here since there was some discussion about it.
    Now is that a problem with your translation or theirs? And yeah I'm kinda scratching my head wonder how that doesn't actually make things worse

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Not sure if original areas means exactly that, original areas so RoZ doesn't count. The original JP post was asking about the martial arts belts. Would mean certain trial NMs like Serra or Ratatoskr also wouldn't get adjusted. Would be kind of an odd distinction to make at this point given that none of them actually drop anything good but who knows, I guess it'd be a time-saving measure to just adjust the original areas for now.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they simply applied all mobs that have a NM flag to a maximum respawn time across the board, across the zones. Would seem simple enough in their shitty code right?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I highly doubt that, because you'll wind up with cerb/tia/etc repopping after 1 hr, then getting 3 days of 8 hr maint trying to fix it.

The fact that some lotto NM's have a minimum of 60 min, some have 90 min (anklebutt spider), and some have heinz ketchup timers (Sozu) means its not as simple as adding a max respawn time

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    In light of the official translations I noticed something in mine was a bit off - the post does not say that they are removing the Rare tags from existing stuff but rather that the new loot they add will not have the rare tag. I'm not sure what that solves unless those would be prioritized in the case where you had a rare item already. Even then, what happens when you get them all? Will go back and correct but wanted to point it out here since there was some discussion about it.
    I took it to mean they were adding an additional drop slot which contains these items. They seem intent on just adding to it rather than correcting what's wrong.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have to wonder if perhaps they are making that non-rare item something of fairly great value, such as dross/cinders, which would go a long way towards making the fights more popular and making Empyreans no longer stupid to 99.

EDIT: Nevermind, the translation now specifies accessories =(

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like they will eventually, if not immediately, make plates, cinders, and dross easier to get.

Or just add them to hard modes in greater quantity.

Otherwise you're shoehorning most people into doing old content again, and a lot of it. There aren't exactly a plethora of 99 empyrean weapons. I'd say maybe a hundred per server at best.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just noticed something between Slycer's and SE's translations regarding WKRs. In Slycer's, it specifies that we're getting "a new area, and a new Naakual" and the SE one specifies "new areas, and new Naakuals." I know that from launch, Kamshir Piedmont or whatever it's called was in the .dats, but could they of slipped the 7th Naakual's zone in with this last update that people weren't able to .dat mine accurately, or be planning to add it? Or is it just a translation foopa on SE's part?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Googlefish translate of the original seems to indicate that there will only be 1 new area and 1 new Naakual, although the German post also seems to cite plural areas/Naakuals. Keep in mind that Camate is doing pretty much the same thing Slycer does and is thus prone to making occasional errors. The main power he has over Slycer is the ability to call up the dev team and verify things.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    but could they of slipped the 7th Naakual's zone in with this last update that people weren't able to .dat mine accurately, or be planning to add it?
    Zone dats are very easy to spot also due to their size compared to everything that isn't an item-list file. It was probably a mistranslation given the snails-pace of them adding content to this expansion given the skeleton crew.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Zone dats are very easy to spot also due to their size
    Not gonna touch the mistranslation, or lack of, since it's hard to say (though I'd have to follow what the original JP one says), but the last update was over 100 megs in size, and very few things were actually able to be found, outside of a couple of models Spira found on the test server, as far as I know. I doubt adding the ability for monstrosity mobs to go to new zones and the mog case took up much of that at all.

Was that 100 meg update mostly tons of item list and model files that couldn't be mined? Were there any massive .dats (like zones)? I'm as clueless as anyone when it comes to mining, I just read what other's post, but with the lack of info that could be dug up due to them doing it differently to avoid .dat mining, I've got my hopes up.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Majority of that last update was replacing existing SoA-related dats, most of which ran a meg. No clue what they were for at any rate. Could have been for PS2limitation reasons for all I know.

Matsui made a long post about the November update Here.
    /lights the Slycer beacon.

New SPs to be added in Nov update.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hard version battlefields will be put off until December, I think. Also, new seals will be required to enter them. I hope you guys still have something you want to farm!

- Looks like there will be new BLU spells this update?
    - Looks like there will be AF+2 armor released?
    - RMEs will be updated as well
    - Unlock conditions for Empyrean WSs, addition of coin weapon paths, etc.
    - Adding the "MAcc Skill" help text.
    - 22 New SP abilities
    - New WKR + zone
    - They're making the cursor default to "enter mog garden" when you talk to the relevant NPC.
    - Adding more mog garden seeds.
    - Adding a porter moogle to Mog Garden
    - Making Tractor not zone you if you're inside a Reive.
    - Add PvM system, and adjust Monsters a lot to compensate for it. Includes "opening of new subspecies," which is doubtlessly the HNM versions.
    - Adjust WKRs in general as mentioned yesterday
    - Treasure Casket adjustments
    - More achievements in the library
    - 6 minute delay after using the exit item in Skirmish (so things will autodistribute)
    - "Adding system for which you want to view content level" in Delve and Skirmish
    - "Adding system to be warped between outposts." - They've got to be talking about the old world, seeing as how new zones already do this?
    - Decreased lotto NM pop times
    - At least one new quest
    - New survival skill
    - More mog garden quests
    - Going to let you specify how many Kindred Seals you want from the login event
    - Making gobbiebag quests easier?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    - "Adding system to be warped between outposts." - They've got to be talking about the old world, seeing as how new zones already do this?
    Could be that, or could be how all SoA field zones can only warp between themselves, and West/East Adoulin, not other locations.

Nah, the hard mode battles will make it for November as far as ones that cost seals go. The mission hard modes will not be until December (Hard more Promathia etc and whatnot). You pretty much hit everything in your list there.

AF upgrades, SP2s, RME upgrades, more story and missions, new WKR and blue magic, a plethora of quality of life adjustments? Sounds good to me.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Hard version battlefields will be put off until December, I think. Also, new seals will be required to enter them. I hope you guys still have something you want to farm!

- Looks like there will be new BLU spells this update?
    - Looks like there will be AF+2 armor released?
    - RMEs will be updated as well
    - Unlock conditions for Empyrean WSs, addition of coin weapon paths, etc.
    - Adding the "MAcc Skill" help text.
    - 22 New SP abilities
    - New WKR + zone
    - They're making the cursor default to "enter mog garden" when you talk to the relevant NPC.
    - Adding more mog garden seeds.
    - Adding a porter moogle to Mog Garden
    - Making Tractor not zone you if you're inside a Reive.
    - Add PvM system, and adjust Monsters a lot to compensate for it. Includes "opening of new subspecies," which is doubtlessly the HNM versions.
    - Adjust WKRs in general as mentioned yesterday
    - Treasure Casket adjustments
    - More achievements in the library
    - 6 minute delay after using the exit item in Skirmish (so things will autodistribute)
    - "Adding system for which you want to view content level" in Delve and Skirmish
    - Decreased lotto NM pop times
    - At least one new quest
    - New survival skill
    - More mog garden quests
    - Going to let you specify how many Kindred Seals you want from the login event
    - Making gobbiebag quests easier?
    Can't remember last time I was excited for FFXI update!

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Did they ever say what the new sp for run and geo will be like? They're still not listed on the official forum as far as I can tell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Did they ever say what the new sp for run and geo will be like? They're still not listed on the official forum as far as I can tell.
    He said he would make a separate post for the SP2s, but hasn't yet. It will probably be later this week. I'm a little surprised we're getting so much info >1 week before the update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I rather hope they finally fix the huge imbalance between them because last I saw the gulf between sp2s was big enough to fly a 747 thru. And I'm sure alot of people would be pissed if all rdm gets is a gimped elemental seal and all mnk gets is a super mantra

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Super mantra also full healed you, right? Maybe I just think this because I am comparing it to perfect dodge, invincible, Mijin, etc., but that never sounded too bad to me. It is like a mega chakra and mega mantra at the same time.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 733 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast