I highly doubt that, because you'll wind up with cerb/tia/etc repopping after 1 hr, then getting 3 days of 8 hr maint trying to fix it.
The fact that some lotto NM's have a minimum of 60 min, some have 90 min (anklebutt spider), and some have heinz ketchup timers (Sozu) means its not as simple as adding a max respawn time
I have to wonder if perhaps they are making that non-rare item something of fairly great value, such as dross/cinders, which would go a long way towards making the fights more popular and making Empyreans no longer stupid to 99.
EDIT: Nevermind, the translation now specifies accessories =(
I feel like they will eventually, if not immediately, make plates, cinders, and dross easier to get.
Or just add them to hard modes in greater quantity.
Otherwise you're shoehorning most people into doing old content again, and a lot of it. There aren't exactly a plethora of 99 empyrean weapons. I'd say maybe a hundred per server at best.
Just noticed something between Slycer's and SE's translations regarding WKRs. In Slycer's, it specifies that we're getting "a new area, and a new Naakual" and the SE one specifies "new areas, and new Naakuals." I know that from launch, Kamshir Piedmont or whatever it's called was in the .dats, but could they of slipped the 7th Naakual's zone in with this last update that people weren't able to .dat mine accurately, or be planning to add it? Or is it just a translation foopa on SE's part?
Googlefish translate of the original seems to indicate that there will only be 1 new area and 1 new Naakual, although the German post also seems to cite plural areas/Naakuals. Keep in mind that Camate is doing pretty much the same thing Slycer does and is thus prone to making occasional errors. The main power he has over Slycer is the ability to call up the dev team and verify things.
Was that 100 meg update mostly tons of item list and model files that couldn't be mined? Were there any massive .dats (like zones)? I'm as clueless as anyone when it comes to mining, I just read what other's post, but with the lack of info that could be dug up due to them doing it differently to avoid .dat mining, I've got my hopes up.
Majority of that last update was replacing existing SoA-related dats, most of which ran a meg. No clue what they were for at any rate. Could have been for PS2limitation reasons for all I know.
Hard version battlefields will be put off until December, I think. Also, new seals will be required to enter them. I hope you guys still have something you want to farm!
- Looks like there will be new BLU spells this update?
- Looks like there will be AF+2 armor released?
- RMEs will be updated as well
- Unlock conditions for Empyrean WSs, addition of coin weapon paths, etc.
- Adding the "MAcc Skill" help text.
- 22 New SP abilities
- New WKR + zone
- They're making the cursor default to "enter mog garden" when you talk to the relevant NPC.
- Adding more mog garden seeds.
- Adding a porter moogle to Mog Garden
- Making Tractor not zone you if you're inside a Reive.
- Add PvM system, and adjust Monsters a lot to compensate for it. Includes "opening of new subspecies," which is doubtlessly the HNM versions.
- Adjust WKRs in general as mentioned yesterday
- Treasure Casket adjustments
- More achievements in the library
- 6 minute delay after using the exit item in Skirmish (so things will autodistribute)
- "Adding system for which you want to view content level" in Delve and Skirmish
- "Adding system to be warped between outposts." - They've got to be talking about the old world, seeing as how new zones already do this?
- Decreased lotto NM pop times
- At least one new quest
- New survival skill
- More mog garden quests
- Going to let you specify how many Kindred Seals you want from the login event
- Making gobbiebag quests easier?
Nah, the hard mode battles will make it for November as far as ones that cost seals go. The mission hard modes will not be until December (Hard more Promathia etc and whatnot). You pretty much hit everything in your list there.
AF upgrades, SP2s, RME upgrades, more story and missions, new WKR and blue magic, a plethora of quality of life adjustments? Sounds good to me.
Did they ever say what the new sp for run and geo will be like? They're still not listed on the official forum as far as I can tell.
I rather hope they finally fix the huge imbalance between them because last I saw the gulf between sp2s was big enough to fly a 747 thru. And I'm sure alot of people would be pissed if all rdm gets is a gimped elemental seal and all mnk gets is a super mantra
Super mantra also full healed you, right? Maybe I just think this because I am comparing it to perfect dodge, invincible, Mijin, etc., but that never sounded too bad to me. It is like a mega chakra and mega mantra at the same time.