Closed Thread
Page 4 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering how RMEs and AF armors will be upgraded. They are adding a lot of stuff, but not much of it involves direct drops. The options are:
    1) New quest rewards - Possible for AF, but I feel that implementing 100 AF quests might be slightly beyond SE's capacity at the moment. Very unlikely for RMEs.
    2) New monster drops / world drops - Possible for RMEs or AF, but pretty unlikely.
    3) New hard BCNMs - Most likely source for at least one of the two upgrade types.
    4) New WKR reward - Very unlikely for both
    5) Monstrosity Rewards - I could see them maybe working AF into this point system, but it doesn't seem the most likely to me because they've already given examples of accessories with upgrade paths.
    6) Magian - They specified that the RME upgrades would not be magian related, but they didn't rule it out for AF+2.

I basically bet that we'll be seal farming for a while and that at least RMEs will be tied to the hard seal battles.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If they did it with quests, I imagine it would be one quest per job. Most likely is probably just gathering some item and turning it in, though. Hopefully it accounts for AF+1 as well and makes it slightly easier to upgrade those (like with relic+1 to relic+2).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They could do some generic quests for some like they do for af gloves. Basically the same quest for each job just different zones for the old gauntlets

As for say upgrades to af+2 probably wouldn't be too hard to do what they did with af2 and just add some drop from limbus for the upgrade?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I guess it depends what their iLevel is. I think they said earlier that they wanted it to match the GEO/RUN equipment, which I think is iLevel 109 or something? Anyway, low enough that it'll probably be pretty easy to complete. Could be, like, a "collect 50 Tulfaire Feathers" quest or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Collect 20 body parts from ultima and omega!

Well, let's see. This could make Abyssea +2 armor relevant again with upgrade options, we're likely seeing some 109-ilvl Bayld gear (accessories! Please be accessories!), and the "seasonal event" might include the FFXIV/FFXI/DQ crossover event stuff, or just be a regular ol' holiday event rehash.

I admit to being pleasantly surprised if we're seeing monthly updates in 2014. I didn't expect S-E to go that route, quite the opposite.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well good news is content wise, there looks like there will be useful things to do. So this will ultimately tell if the game is indeed dying or people were unsubbing just cause they were bored.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sounds like the monthly update scheme was more to push adjustments based on player feedback, not a constant stream of new content. Either way, long overdue. We've said forever that they need to stop holding back on simple fixes for major updates (e.g. last month's update) if they can push them out faster. I see this being a good thing in general, I just wouldn't expect any more content onslaught updates like this one if they are going to be pushing things through every month.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Now everyone is excited lol, thats good to see. I hope they keep up with the monthly updates, that sounds good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm wondering how this new AF is going to affect slips.

Will it be storable?
    Will it be AF+2?
    If so, will run/geo also get +1/2?
    Will it be a new NQ set with a new name that is storable on the same slip as AF1? (ie: your old af / af+1 / weapons can be converted to a new NQ af item, and storable on the old af slip.)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They make mention of adjusting items storable on slips, whether that's adding AF+2 to another slip, adding a slip for it, etc, who's to say. Still hoping for a WKR, bayld gear, and Delve boss drop slip at some point.

Considering AF+2 is being made 109 to match Run and Geo AF, I doubt we'll see +1/2 for them, but one can hope. I dunno much about Run, but Geo's AF isn't half bad, except the hat. Hat kinda blows. Body for Life Cycle swap, hands for idle and casting Geomancy, legs for pre-cast FC set, feet for movement speed. Hat was unique looking, but just overall very useless. Maybe someday they'll revisit it and add higher tiers to their AF.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For some reason I feel like they've mentioned making augmented Bayld gear storable. That said, I don't really see the point of storing Bayld gear after you've outgrown it. Level 99 is Level 99 and higher iLevel gear is generally entirely superior, so there's no real reason to maintain a lower iLevel alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For some reason I feel like they've mentioned making augmented Bayld gear storable. That said, I don't really see the point of storing Bayld gear after you've outgrown it. Level 99 is Level 99 and higher iLevel gear is generally entirely superior, so there's no real reason to maintain a lower iLevel alternative.
    Depends. If they're making JSE AF of similar levels, then having the Bayld gear pre-upgrade might make sense as a holdover until you can get your AF up to better ilvl. And I wouldn't mind seeing some pre-Delve accessories that fall into that 106-113 range- as it is, Skirmish folks are generally a mix of Abyssea bits mixed with Adoulin-level armor/weapons.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not always about outgrowing it, it's about being able to store it when I swap jobs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess it depends what their iLevel is. I think they said earlier that they wanted it to match the GEO/RUN equipment, which I think is iLevel 109 or something? Anyway, low enough that it'll probably be pretty easy to complete. Could be, like, a "collect 50 Tulfaire Feathers" quest or something.
    one thing I could see is that they make a hard mode "maat" fight for the jobs. Facing of maat again as a lvl 106 foe!? But yeah most likely it will just involve tradeing in mats.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The seal obtainment thing with party size is loooooong overdue. It was always so dumb that you could get 3x as many seals with three solo players (or three single player party alliance) than with three people in one party because of the party-based time restriction on the drops.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Not always about outgrowing it, it's about being able to store it when I swap jobs.
    is there really any bayld gear that is better than skirmish armor?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plenty of armor that isn't the best that is storeable though and still gets used at least in the meantime. I doubt I'll ever bother farming most skirmish or delve gear for my mules but getting some bayld is so easy might as well

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So, basically confirming no new Delve content in November?

That's actually kind of reassuring, even if people who like it want more.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My point being skirmish armor really isnt that hard to get, and it seems backwards to hold on to bayld armor "in case", when theres better.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast