BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 733 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yea, I am a little surprised that we haven't seen Genji equips yet. That is in almost all FF and drop from a popular villian.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The armor that the Fomor SAMs wear during the 'Feast of Swords' event is supposedly Genji equipment.

As is well-established by now, the Feast of Swords was originally a custom practiced in the Far East. Banners of gigantic fish are hung from corners of households, and boys adorned with armor set to spar, all in hopes that they will mature into hale and hearty men. Through this annual ritual, boys are ingrained with the virtues of bravery, valiance, and chivalry. It is a festival by heroes, of heroes, for future heroes.

—At least that is what it should be, but these days...

"It's come to my attention that the Genji Armor was 'stolen' again this year..."

"...Is that so? I must profess I'm perfectly perplexed."

"Hmmm, interesting... Would you mind if I asked you one more teensy-weensy little thing?"

"...Continue with your questioning, kupo."

"If my memory serves me, the Genji Armor is on loan from the Far East, which they agreed to lend after the MHMU's talks with a certain samurai, correct?"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I could see them adding a Gilgamesh BCNM with Genji Armor. I mean, there is the Big Bridge waypoint in West Adoulin :B

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

From that jp video interview there were at least 2-3 new sets coming eventually and new ultimate weapons(they showcased polearm and sword). So at least theres that to look forward too. I was hoping for sweeping jon adjustments with the expansion like the job manifesto they did a few years back. They obviously have circumvented the limit on JA recasta, time to add new non-sp job abilities. I hope they strengthen job traits for main jobs or add new tiers. With all the homogeneity of unique job stata like store tp , double attack and autorefresh, jobs are become more similar. Would love if war got like 10% more da from traits, if drg and dnc got like 1-2 more acc bonuses(drk gets like 6 att bonuses but dnc and drg get only 3 acc bonuses), and maybe traits that enhance abilities. A trait that reduces the def penalty on berserk for war, a trait that enhances convert effieciency, a trait that adds a % damage -> mp to swordplay, a trait that adds crit rate to conspirator, a trait that eliminates knockback with rampart. Hell its time for category 3 job merits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    From that jp video interview there were at least 2-3 new sets coming eventually and new ultimate weapons(they showcased polearm and sword). So at least theres that to look forward too. I was hoping for sweeping jon adjustments with the expansion like the job manifesto they did a few years back. They obviously have circumvented the limit on JA recasta, time to add new non-sp job abilities. I hope they strengthen job traits for main jobs or add new tiers. With all the homogeneity of unique job stata like store tp , double attack and autorefresh, jobs are become more similar. Would love if war got like 10% more da from traits, if drg and dnc got like 1-2 more acc bonuses(drk gets like 6 att bonuses but dnc and drg get only 3 acc bonuses), and maybe traits that enhance abilities. A trait that reduces the def penalty on berserk for war, a trait that enhances convert effieciency, a trait that adds a % damage -> mp to swordplay, a trait that adds crit rate to conspirator, a trait that eliminates knockback with rampart. Hell its time for category 3 job merits.
    I hear ya on that... about DNC and DRG only getting 3 lvls of ACC Bonus is because RNG has the 4-5 lvls of ACC Bonus. I do agree that all jobs should get some tweaking. I'd like to see them do what they did with wide scan to dual wield. Let every job be able to equip a main and sub weapons but only the jobs with the traits will benefit from the delay reduction.

I'd also like to see grips being expanded and allowing H2H to use grips.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

H2h is powerful as is to be honest. In delve, i see mnks hitting for 75% of my upukirex damage, except mnks hit twice per round and overall have much lower delay. H2H dot is ludicrous since SoA. They could give them wraps or some kind of subslot but really h2h is quite powerful and giving mnks 3% crit rate or 3% da is superfluous i think. Just need to accentuate traits and make then more potent so the stats which jobs specialize make an impact. Whats the point of drg specializing in acc or drk specializing in att when ilvl gear has +30-40 attack on certain pieces. Traits are only 10-12 so as gear increases these traits become more dilute. Since ilvl is supposed to simulate real levels, they could add ilvl bonuses for example: if a drg's ilvl average exceeds 105, they get acc+10, if sch's ilvl exceeds 112 they get -5 to strategem timers, if run's ilvl exceeds 115 they can cast am extra rune, etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Techically base delay for mnk is higher with most h2h and caps are based on that base delay. So if you are getting full magic haste and are riding hasso and capped gear haste upu will have a slighlty lower delay than oats mnks. Though still 2 hits vs 1 and at lower haste values or HF their martial arts really shine

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

While that's true, if you're both at capped pdif(highly likely) the damage formula for some reason skews damage in favor of lower base damage. For some reason, due to the way they scale DMG, a 200D weapon does not do double the damage of a 100D weapon assuming both have the same fSTR and cratio. I've seen MNKs hitting for like 290-350+ per fist and I'm hitting for like 520-600. Now throw in the fact that MNK gets the luxary of /WAR, Thaumas Coat and Kicks Attacks and DRG and DRK are stuck with /SAM. Anyway im not trying to make this about MNK vs other DD, but I'm trying to demonstrate why MNK doesn't need nor deserve grips or offhand slot equipment. MNK is probably the most perfect job in the game. It's a freakin' Swiss Army Knife. They can tank, they can DD, the can circumvent special damage reductions, they get the best armor types, they have black belt, they can counter, self heal/remove debuffs, incredibly useful SP1 and SP2. They are the most bread-n-butter DD of FFXI.

There's no real reason to really ever need a SAM or DRK if you have well geared MNKs, unless there's a stupid proc to hit or a special damage type. MNKs may not always be the best DD in a given fight, but given their ludicrous survivability and utility, it's hard to not love them. SE should strive to make other melees as balanced as MNK in terms of survivability, flexibility and usefulness. Like why don't all DDs have a way to circumvent special defense? Some DDs do; Twilight Scythe, Requiescat, Muruasameru. WAR and DRG either need a trait or a JA that acts like formless strikes. Actually come to think of it, SE's original plan for WAR's SP2 was a 45second Formless Strikes without any damage penalty that also had greatly increased +acc too. I bet they'll just give them it for free now that they can add more JAs to jobs without the cap on recast timers.

Anyway I'm not trying to say this job vs that job, but at the end of the day you have to admit MNK is a VERY complete job with no real obvious flaws and has way more tools than other jobs and is a little too adaptable that people would rather bring MNKs to just Formless everything than bring DDs that can take advantage of the specific damage weaknesses, but who could blame them given the fact that MNKs hit so hard and fast and can SC light with VS, Hundred Fists, Mantra, Inner Strength and be nigh-unkillable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plus h2h are already sorta dual wielding lol. I mean physically how would you wear a grip over gloves?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Pack your lunches and have your tickets at the ready, for the version update airship is set to depart the docks on Tuesday, January 21!

The cargo aboard includes more high-tier mission battles, sparkling new Records of Eminence objectives, and more convenient ways to utilize your pets!

Last but not least, our pilot for this journey will be a certain man straight from Zilart!

Full steam ahead!
    Meh. Good choice on my part to unsub for the next 3-6months, not that I have time to dedicate right now to wait for people to log in and be available for this stuff if this is what they are trying to advertise to grab peoples attention.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No SoA missions...? gdi SE. WotG V2

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    No SoA missions...? gdi SE. WotG V2
    Unless that all the info.... No....

Either way... New high-tier battlefield... So probably revamp on the relic gear?.... But actually what I want are the empy gear revamp -_-

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think it would be too soon to see Relic revamp, probably another way to get AF119 tomes and get access to K'am's sword / shield and ... the midgets wheelchair?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe the Feb update was what they were teasing for the new SoA stuff.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They opted for small updates on a monthly basis. It's new content, something to do.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Missions release is ridiculous.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    They opted for small updates on a monthly basis. It's new content, something to do.
    Is it?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Really now?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol guess they can't please everyone.

i'm kinda happy for monthly updates because it means the smaller fixes and tweaks get implemented faster.. but the intervals between bigger content remains unchanged mostly.

Nov was the last mission update, so Feb seems pretty ok. I'm more concerned that the pace of the missions is dragging along. Only 1 fight so far.. and the last batch of missions were only cutscenes. The story is slowly heating up.. but is still a tad too slow for my taste. I miss the CoP mission speed... (which might only have been as fast as it was because content was locked behind missions).

Skirmish III is coming in Feb too.. curious to know if new zones will be added then

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Meh. Good choice on my part to unsub for the next 3-6months, not that I have time to dedicate right now to wait for people to log in and be available for this stuff if this is what they are trying to advertise to grab peoples attention.
    Pretty much this. Eventually got tired of log-in campaigns also after 6 of them in a row, and now there's a 7th. SE just needs to give them some bloody resources back now that XIV is officially holding itself pretty damn well currently.

Can't be arsed to log-on and idle in town shout-shoppin for battles of interest.

SoA story still has just barely started moving and we're coming in on a year after its release.
    Spoiler: show
    Maybe if they'd just turn the log-in campaign into veteran rewards like XIV so you just get a full month's worth of points for staying subscribed.....