Closed Thread
Page 57 of 733 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Not really relevant to most people, but Dancers might get a kick out of this thread where JPs get told that only Terpsichore's step accuracy is enhanced. I may be misinterpreting my google translate babble, but my impression is that some of them are super pissed and feel like they've been misled.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Mislead about what? Doesnt terpsichore say enhances step acc? Thought the augment was proven to give an extra step? Im confused

Campaign
    BG Level

I think it's the "tiers" that the weapon gains from level 75 onwards to 99. It gains additional "tiers" of the Enhances Step thing, but only the first one gives one additional maneuver, the others, appearently, give +step accuracy. (I still don't fully understand why they had to create such a stat, honestly, when it just looks worse than +accuracy to me)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The pre-Magian Terpsichore description was:
    Augments Steps
    Enhances Step Accuracy
    which became:

Augments Steps II
    Enhances Step Accuracy II
    etc. with higher tiers. Thus, it looked like the "Augments Steps" part was increasing in strength. The JP text seems to be ambiguous, but I eventually got the Localization team to respond to my questions about it (after finishing Terpsichore and already answering the questions myself, unfortunately) and they confirmed that there is no change in the "Augments" part after the first tier. They fixed the text appropriately a year ago.

Anyway, JPs didn't get the message and apparently they were going off an old image from ffxiclopedia, but the community rep just confirmed for them that it was a mistake.

Fun trivia, but they messed it up again when they added the 119 versions, which read:
    Augments Steps V
    Enhances Step Accuracy

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The 8 Terpsichore owners in the world are probably pissed.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im sure that number has gone up in the last 2 years. probably 12 people now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The pre-Magian Terpsichore description was:
    which became:

etc. with higher tiers. Thus, it looked like the "Augments Steps" part was increasing in strength. The JP text seems to be ambiguous, but I eventually got the Localization team to respond to my questions about it (after finishing Terpsichore and already answering the questions myself, unfortunately) and they confirmed that there is no change in the "Augments" part after the first tier. They fixed the text appropriately a year ago.

Anyway, JPs didn't get the message and apparently they were going off an old image from ffxiclopedia, but the community rep just confirmed for them that it was a mistake.

Fun trivia, but they messed it up again when they added the 119 versions, which read:
    The problem with that is the way it's written in japanese writes out quite a bit differently.
    If I remember right, it was written as a single line term like: "Improves the accuracy and performance of Steps V"
    In English, that was right after they insisted a standardization of definition that "enhance" means makes the existing effect better, and augments means the ability gains a seperate bonus. In keeping with that definition, it wrote out onto 2 lines in English.

Edit: although reading your google translated link, I guess we know Step Accuracy V is +60 accuracy to steps if we didn't know that already?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I am pretty sure that the tests we did that put it at +40 did not have a 10% hit rate margin of error though. Perhaps step acc does not translate into hit rate normally? idk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think we extrapolated our test into Tier V and actually didn't retest it. We did 1 through 4 and it was 10 20 30 40, and just assumed 5 would be 50. Honestly, of all the things that can be tested in this game, step accuracy has to be one of the more worthless stats they ever created.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post

@Dasva
    Not sure that would be viable. Runes get expended with Gambit/Lunge and it takes time to apply them, or to switch between them.
    That's one of the reasons why RUN is not viable. Sure with 3 runes of the same element you're pretty powerful, but with multiple element damage incoming what can you do? It takes time to switch, it reduces your tp damage (and so the enmity you generate) and blah blah. Also it's retarded that it's just a "chance" to resist magic damage.
    On the SKC BCNM in Throne Room, difficult, against that Astral Flow Shiva, I had Barblizzard, 3 anti-ice runes and Vallation up. Decent gear and guess what? Out of 6 fights I did 1 time I received full damage (or close to that, I died) 1 time I received almost no damage (dunno if Sacrosanctity was up though...), one time I received low damage, 3 other times I received kinda, I dunno, half damage? Around half of my hp was gone.
    Those buffs (3 runes, barbliz and Vallation) were up all of the times.
    And we're talking about a "Difficult" fight which probably wasn't even 119.
    How retarded is that?
    With PLD and Aegis you whould have received the same exact damage (or very close) every single time. No "chance" to reduce damage, it's 100% going to happen.
    Making Vallation/Runes undispellable and making so Vallation lasts 5 mins (at least with body!) would be very welcome changes though. And Swordplay too plz! Doubt it would be enough though.
    I'd recommend not expended runes when you need them to survive...
    As far as multiple elements that's why I suggest a higher cap on total amount of runes. As far as straight reduction goes that's the point of vallation which is why it needs to be undispelable. As far emnity they actually generate a decent amount for instant ja.

On that fight were you capped mdt? Because even without a resist you should've taken about 66% more than what an aegis pld would and I was only taking 500ish with unresisted aegis. With a 1/2 resist it would take less and with a 1/8 it would be about 100 dmg before phalanx. Overall RUN should average less dmg taken than a pld with a relic specific for magic dmg. Resist tanking has been very successful even before RUN. Like more overall dmg but lower spikes use pld want less overall but higher spikes use RUN. Mind you this is only because merits are currently broken. If they fix it RUN max dmg taken would only be about 33% higher and if they got a 4th rune about 33% less and that's before resist.

In case you were wondering about my average dmg I actually mathed it out. Going from floored to 50% resist rate is about 36% reduction and going from floored to capped is about 90%. So right now assuming going from 5% resist on pld to 50 on RUN pld will average 73% more dmg taken. Going from 5 to 95% aegis would take about 6.5 times as much on average.

Wow, so much hatred for PLD's Aegis and Ochain.

Why can't RUN just be left as a useful subjob? What's so wrong with that?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd like to way in on the tank discussion, the german translation for Tank adjustment says something different:

Translated: "Runefencers are currently suffering from phyisical Damage taken. We would like to adjust this via Equipment and Job-Ability on Runefencer and Paladin, so they can Tank in any siutation."

The german translation sounds more like they are also adjusting PLD to bring it closer (down?) to runefencer via nerfs?

and the line on the Supports to Melee sounds like limiting songs/rolls in party.

As for the occupation of Mission-Battlefields:
    They want to add some of the Hard mode mission battle rewards to SKCNM battles to alleviate the congestion on hard mode BCs, as well as widening the choice via new Hard-Mode missions battles.

the rest is pritty much the same as the english translation

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    For RUN, I can see it doing well if they add an ammo/wpn or job trait that like triple Stoneskin/phalanx damage reduction on top of a lower recast on Battuta. Maybe add another spell for enmity but I think foil/flash/rune enmity is ok already.
    I'm hoping one of their AF2 enhancements is a (significantly) increased Battuta duration, rather than something stupid like subtly increased spike damage.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    because it's quite an order of magnitude easier/less time consuming to get a respectable DD weapon or macc/mdmg staff than an ochain/aegis? You don't even need atinian anymore, Eminent Staff is almost the same thing. In fact, most eminence weapons are fine until you get a delve boss weapon.

Ironic that this happened a couple hours after this post...

To be perfectly honest, it may have more to do with you, and the weapon is just an easy scapegoat.

At least, that would've been my "easy out" instead of replying the way I would have.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Either that or more of an issue with the shouter. Can't tell you how many times I've seen n00bs accepted an inferior DD just because they had a shiny. I mean really the difference between 117 and 119 weapons is small and on some very small and on staffs 117 is actually better in most situations for dmg anyways lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anomie View Post
    To be perfectly honest, it may have more to do with you, and the weapon is just an easy scapegoat.

At least, that would've been my "easy out" instead of replying the way I would have.
    Considering I've never had any run-ins with this guy, I doubt it has to do with "me"...and frankly if it had to do with me, the whole "not replying" would have sufficed just well without looking like a scrub lol

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    On that fight were you capped mdt?
    Absolutely not.
    I had no more than 10% MDT/DT in gear I think, oh and shellra V of course.
    But I get what you mean from the rest of your post =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From my experiences, Kindred Spirits Astral Flow on D has a baseline damage of somewhere around 3600 damage, making it 1800 with 50% MDT.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You really have no excuse to not have an oatixur unless you're a returning player with no friends or gear.

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 733 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast