Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    You really have no excuse to not have an oatixur unless you're a returning player with no friends or gear.
    [14:34:40] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «tout le monde» «/welcome» 11/18 /tell Job
    WestAdoulin
    [14:35:11] Conini : AAMR Difficult «Do you need it?» x1 «Paladin»(Ochain + Aegis/Beatific) x1 3 «Song» «Bard» «please» «/tell» 4/6
    LowJeuno
    [14:36:05] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 12/18 /tell Job
    PortJeuno
    [14:37:01] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «tout le monde» «/welcome» 12/18 /tell Job
    WestAdoulin
    [14:37:24] Tarzan : «Heavy Metal» «Sell?» «/tell»
    WestAdoulin
    [14:38:35] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 12/18 /tell Job
    WestAdoulin
    [14:38:37] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «tout le monde» «/welcome» 12/18 /tell Job
    WestAdoulin
    [14:39:53] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 13/18 /tell Job PLD «Yes, please.» «Yes, please.»
    WestAdoulin
    [14:41:08] Tarzan : «Heavy Metal» «Sell?» «/tell»
    WestAdoulin
    [14:41:39] Conini : AAMR Difficult «Do you need it?» x1 PLD(Ochain + Aegis/Beatific) x1 BRD(3-song) «Can I have it?» «please» «/tell» 4/6
    LowJeuno
    [14:42:17] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 1/18 /tell Job
    PortJeuno
    [14:42:38] Luloo : 15/18 w
    WestAdoulin
    [14:42:49] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 15/18 /tell Job
    WestAdoulin
    [14:43:46] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 16/18 /tell Job SMN / BLU «Yes, please.»
    WestAdoulin
    [14:44:32] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 16/18 /tell Job SMN / BLU «Yes, please.» Last Shout
    WestAdoulin
    [14:46:04] Conini : AAMR Difficult «Do you need it?» x1 PLD(Ochain + Aegis/Beatific) x1 BRD(3-song) «Can I have it?» «please» «/tell» 4/6
    WestAdoulin
    [14:47:23] Sisko : VW MortaX6 «everyone» «/welcome» 17/18 /tell Job SMN «Yes, please.» Very Last Shout, I promise
    WestAdoulin
    [14:48:14] Conini : AAMR Difficult «Do you need it?» x1 PLD(Ochain + Aegis/Beatific) x1 BRD(3-song) «Can I have it?» «please» «/tell» 4/6
    WestAdoulin
    [14:51:09] Conini : AAMR Difficult «Do you need it?» x1 PLD(Ochain + Aegis/Beatific) x1 BRD(3-song) «Can I have it?» «please» «/tell» 4/6 ._.
    WestAdoulin
    [14:55:00] Conini : AAMR Normal ; ; «Do you need it?» x1 «Bard» 2-«Song» O K 5/6
    WestAdoulin
    [14:58:34] Conini : AAMR Normal «Do you need it?» x1 «Bard» 2-song is ok~ «Party»: 5/6
    WestAdoulin
    [15:01:14] Conini : AAMR Normal «Do you need it?» x1 «Bard» 2-song is ok~ «Party»: 5/6 FFS did everyone get hit with a «Meteorite»? <_< Wakeup
    LowJeuno
    [15:12:30] Lunk : «Pluton»«Sell?»«Can I have it?» - 125k«each»
    WestAdoulin
    [15:29:59] Xaiver : «Riftcinder» 1.75 mil «Riftdross» 350k «Do you need it?» «Western Adoulin» «Home Point» «Please check it.»
    WestAdoulin
    [15:33:51] Xaiver : «Riftcinder» 1.75 mil «Riftdross» 350k «Do you need it?» «Western Adoulin» «Home Point» «Please check it.»

Thats not isolated, there are no Delve shouts anymore and the rare times there are, I'm either at work or school, or asleep because its JP (not that it would matter because NAwwwwww)...and my LS consists of 5 people (who all 2-3 box) all with sporadic schedules.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Make one, provide the vital jobs with yourself, mules, and friends.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

depending on the mule jobs you could actually do a tojil run with 5 people, assuming 4 of them can take up the DD spot, 1 focuses on stuns (or lets a bot take that spot) and mules fit in the bard/geo/cor/healer roles. Our lowest tojil win was 9 people, but none of them were dualbox (however considering brd/cor/geo dont need much attention and the healer mules could act on their "own" it would be quiet doable). I was the stunner on that run, and with a very good fast cast set/2hour marches and or stratagems it was no problem to keep the stun recast up for the next tp move (just avoid stunning spells). The only pain in the ass would be the peiste with 1 stunner only.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Really is no excuse, you have 3 characters and can easily fill 3 crucial roles by yourself. Beads are cheap now as well, so worst case you can bead out stuff if the preNMs are an issue with pugs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    From my experiences, Kindred Spirits Astral Flow on D has a baseline damage of somewhere around 3600 damage, making it 1800 with 50% MDT.
    Which would be 450 with capped aegis and no mdb or phalanx so lines up with what I got. Though I have gotten up to 500 it's usually more in the 400s

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I actually scheduled Delve stuff w/ my LS people, its just a matter of finding a day that works. And if you look in general at the thread I made, my playtime is completely fucked because my moms husband is a cockbasket.

and shouting...I'd rather not, for this very reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen n00bs accepted an inferior DD just because they had a shiny.
    The reverse effect of "I have a shiny so I'm automatically a good smart player"

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why not gather enough gil and just buy the win/oats then?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did you miss the part where no one does Delve anymore? Because no one does Delve anymore. Every time I check ffxiah shouts its AA, Morta or idiots flooding with "buy my 200k pluton" (when theres a bunch of bazaar's at 150-180k)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't heard from the one group over I knew that sold wins in months

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Delve is pretty much stale content for most people. I see a shout maybe once every few days or during the earlier part of the day, but most of the chat logs are indeed filled with AA fights and people selling/buying pluton. I was lucky enough to come back after a 4 month break and catch a Tojil run and get a win, however I am still 60k plasm short for oats.

Other pickup runs I've done since then mainly consisted of players who already had the win and were just there for plasm. It would be nice to see a reduction in the cost of plasm for some pieces or at least give us Delve for the new areas to revitalize the content again.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm pretty sure SE said next rendition of Delve will require a new 'currency', so people who stocked up on plasm cant just get wins and go "thx pce see u in 3 months".

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I hope it does or that would make me cap very fast lol. I still really enjoy delve but I never do it with shout people only with my LS.

Campaign
    BG Level

My LS still sells wins, but at a much slower pace than before, and I hardly see shouts anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm pretty sure SE said next rendition of Delve will require a new 'currency', so people who stocked up on plasm cant just get wins and go "thx pce see u in 3 months".
    Don't think I've seen them say that, but they HAVE TO do something like that or it would be pretty retarded.
    Even people like me who didn't spam Delve have over 2 millions plasm. People who stacked plasm now probably have gazilions of it.
    SE is, again, to blame for their shortsighting.
    In another game you would have got either an overall cap on the max amount of plasm you can store, or a weekly/monthly/daily cap on the amount of plasm you can get.
    Making Delve2 rely on plasm again would be beyond stupid so I really hope they won't do that mistake.

Btw am I the only one who's hoping in Plasm equipment +1 from next Delve? Not saying I wouldn't apreciate 3 completely new sets, but in hindsight I really loved stuff like Bokwus and Manibozho.
    At first I hated it (no "special" stats, just stats vomit, arguable aestethics etc) but then I started to apreciate the fact they're shared among so many jobs. They're wonderful to save inventory space for your secondary jobs for TP and WS purposes.
    Also the augment system, while very expensive at first, was really nice because it gave you a real control and something to be working on (no random shit!)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OG or Arisen? OG's pretty much dead, maybe lucky to have 8ish people on anymore, and about half of those have come back during the campaign and stayed. It was said that when/if viable alliance content was added, the LS would start back up, but I guess DM isn't "viable" since it hasn't happened.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They prefixed current delve's plasm with the word Mweya or something, too lazy to check spelling. At any rate, new delve will probably have a different prefix; a different variety of plasm(and new npc) and possibly new tiers/shard/NM system. Needless to say, new delve gear is going to be pretty ridiculous. A 119 Baqil Staff, 119 buremete and uxkaj gear etc, probably will be some pretty potent stuff

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

A few Matsui posts today:
    1) They were going to reduce the number of merit points needed to enter AA battlefields, but given the congestion they have decided to hold off for a patch.
    2) He responded to something about game-day or JP midnight waits, but I can't tell what the heck he's saying. Probably kicking the can down the road.
    3) I think he responds to criticism that RMEs are required for endgame content by saying that they test things like the VD fights without RMEs and they are possible, but "very difficult."
    4) He encourages people to just complete the RoE NM objectives when they happen to encounter the NMs rather than being completionists (as if that will work).
    5) I think he reaffirms that Overdrive changes are going to happen in this update, but also notes that Target Marker might not be working in difficult AA battlefields.

This is just my interpretation of google translate's interpretation of what he was saying, so it could be totally off base.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For 2:

The dev is saying that the midnight bottlecaps were put in place to alleviate congestion as well as lend something to the story. Because FFXI is changing he doesn't see a problem with adjusting them (the point of the post), but they're worried about adjustments to the JP midnight timers for missions creating contradictions in the story. So, they intend to look at them each individually and that'll wait some time.

How many vanadays/months is 1 earth day?

Vana'diel Calendar Month
    1 day 4 hours 48 minutes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the translation on the OF, Manque.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Woot. Reducing the merit point cost will be nice in February. They really should be 10/15 each so you can at least plan build up for 2-3 runs at a time. Personally, I really think they need to look at the evasion issues in the fight. They should not require brds and cors just to hit them at any reasonable rates, even on Normal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They're only especially evasive on VD. The only problem with D is that you need to sit in a high amount of PDT for much of the fight, and PDT sets preclude having a good accuracy set. If you could afford to seriously gear for accuracy without sacrificing survivability, then D wouldn't be very hard to hit at all.

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 733 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast