BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Only piece of bayld gear I have is the DW hat, not sure if that's even worth using thou.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only piece I still use is the Weatherspoon shoes, not so much because they're better, but cause they're good enough considering I never got +MAB that beat them on Hag out of 6 stacks of NQ stones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My mules all still have a fair bit because I don't feel like doing skirmish for them

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Adjustment of Inventory Expansion Quests
    Relaxation of the quest conditions.
    Adjustment of Magical Map Acquisition Quests
    Review of quest rewards.
    Changes to NPCs which sell magical maps.
    I tend to be someone who doesn't mind little things like that, and don't rage at time wasted making adjustments. But for some reason, seeing these are making me upset. Is it really that difficult to find some items to make storage or gobbiebag larger?

And maps? Were there people out there who claimed it was too hard to quest certain maps? When they changed coffer spawn rules it made it simple to get maps for dungeons that way. I think the one rough quest I ever faced was getting the Riverne ones but that fight would be a non-issue now with the level cap removed. And no matter how much dumbing down they do, there will still be those people who won't bother to get them and whine unless you hold their hand and lead the way.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would hope for lowered fame requirement on gob bag at least so I can 80/80 my mule due to me being a lazy ass with millioncorn trading.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That's the only adjustment I can think of for gobbie bags that makes sense, there's almost 0 expensive items for them anymore. As far as maps go, I donno. The only map that was kinda annoying to get back in the day was CN, and that was just time consuming because you actually needed help to get to a lot of them like in batallia. Still, I'm always surprised when people say they don't have the CN map.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe the areas and Naakuals being pluralized is pointing to more Delve for the next areas.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    They make mention of adjusting items storable on slips, whether that's adding AF+2 to another slip, adding a slip for it, etc, who's to say. Still hoping for a WKR, bayld gear, and Delve boss drop slip at some point.

Considering AF+2 is being made 109 to match Run and Geo AF, I doubt we'll see +1/2 for them, but one can hope. I dunno much about Run, but Geo's AF isn't half bad, except the hat. Hat kinda blows. Body for Life Cycle swap, hands for idle and casting Geomancy, legs for pre-cast FC set, feet for movement speed. Hat was unique looking, but just overall very useless. Maybe someday they'll revisit it and add higher tiers to their AF.
    At the same time, it'd be weird to exclude 2 jobs from what could be a good time sink. Unless they specifically said it would be only iLevel 109, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it 110 or something and just let RUN and GEO get a minor upgrade.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im interested in iLvl artifact weapons, if thats happening as it appears to be.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    the changes seem good.
    i'm most curious to know what the 119 RMEs will be like.
    I feel that its fairly understandable that the weapons don't get DMG on par with a typical 119 weapon because of all the bonus attributes they get.
    Relics occ. double dmg, Mythics for job specific stats and AM3 OAT/OA3, Empys for AM ODD. Mythics will probably be the most varied mix since many of the weapon traits are actually very useful as well. Relics, well, some of the AMs are still useful..?

A part of me is hoping that the 119 versions require upgrade items that drop from the Lv99 revamps of classic battlefields... and I'd also hope that they drop items that are useful for people on earlier stages of such weapons.. in rarity according to how far along it is..
    like a battlefield that has easy drops of HMP, uncommon Riftdross/cinder and rare/1 whatever item needed for 119 weapons.
    or another which has easy Dynamunny, uncommon 100s, rare marrows and 1 of the new item...
    or another which has easy alexandrite, uncommon pouches, rare scoria and 1 of the new item.

i feel like the old 'rarity' limitations need to go out the window considering how most of the new weapons are already better and easier to obtain.

...as for WS divisible from weapons... I'm torn between getting 75 azdaja horns to make a 90 Hvergelmir and a 99 Coin weapon for Myrkr, which is undeniably one of the most useful utility WS for any mage wearing a staff to become available.
    I have a 99 Hvergelmir. I will post the stats after the update. The only way this weapon can truly be saved is not through higher base dmg, but if the modifier of 40% 100tp 60% 200 tp or 80% 300 tp gets a bonus on the empy vs the WoE. And using the staff on sch for self darkness skill chains is one of the things I miss doing to MB kaustra. I hope the update is 100 TP 75% 200 tp 100% and 300 TP 125% mp returned. and up the MP from 140 to 200+ or throw on some INT for shattersoul of course.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unless they attach some of the familiar staff attributes to it along with its IL 119 status, it has zero chance of being worth anything but an unlock. You don't get much ulterior millage out of staves that require being swapped around.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Only piece I still use is the Weatherspoon shoes, not so much because they're better, but cause they're good enough considering I never got +MAB that beat them on Hag out of 6 stacks of NQ stones.
    Isn't the MAB on weatherspoon feet a lie?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Three posts today. One summary and two small clarifications.
    * Empyrean weapons 90+ will unlock WSs, not just level 90 Empyreans.
    * The "Small group content" they mentioned earlier is coming in December. The official name google translates to "Eminence Record"
    * More PS2 countermeasures

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Artifact Weapons could be probable although DNC gets a throwing Chakram and SCH gets a spell. That isn't to say SCH can't get a ring that enhances Klimaform or DNC can't get a badass chakram but who knows. I went through the trouble of upgrading AF to AF+1 for my main jobs, so hopefully the restrictions will be eased somewhat for AF+1 owners. Most likely the level 60 AF piece that gets an ilvl will enhance SP2 in some way. I'm also guessing the new AF will enhance the level 91-99 JAs like Scarlet Delirium, Steady Wing, Bully, Spontaneity, Manawell etc.

ilvl 109 means pretty much none of these pieces will be stronger for melee or WS than the ilvl 110-116 armor that we have now. It would take something like WS DMG+10% or something to really make AF a better WS or melee piece than a R15 delve or an upgraded Skirmish piece. I mostly see these as situational JA swap pieces for melee.

You guys think when they introduce AF2/AF3 for GEO/RUN they'll go back and let us upgrade Relic armor+2 and Empy Armor? Empy Armor is ilvl 89, so it would be kinda cool if they upgraded it to ilvl119 later when they release empy armor equivalents. Maybe make GEO and RUN AF3 base pieces ilvl 89 stats so it's on par with older jobs, but then have a system of upgrade for all 22 AF3s to make them all ilvl 119 or something

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm not exactly holding my breath for SE to save AF sets like WAR that basically have no redeeming features, but I would like to see some JA enhancement (strengthening the reasons we already use the sets). Like, the relevant stats on my ideal DNC AF+2 set would be something like:

Dancer's Tiara +2 - CHR+20, Enmity-5, Increases Samba duration (+1 minute)
    Dancer's Casaque +2 - CHR+20, Waltz Potency +20%, Enmity -5
    Dancer's Bangles +2 - DEX+10, Acc+10, Increases "Step" accuracy (+20 Acc), -- Ideally we'd also get Increases "Step" potency (+2% / 4 potency to all steps)
    Dancer's Tights +2 - CHR+20, VIT+20, Enmity -5 -- Enhances "Ternary Flourish" effect. I'm anticipating that this enhancement will be on one of the pieces of AF because they hinted it was coming a year ago, and the pants have always been otherwise useless.
    Dancer's Toe Shoes +2 - Increases "Jig" duration (+1 minute to Chocobo Jig)

They can add their new-standard stat vomit beyond that, but I'd be pretty satisfied if I saw the above set.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It would be weird if normal jobs got AF +2 at ilevel 109 and geo and run had NQ af at ilevel 109. I hope they will handle it differently.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC, their initial announcement said something about giving other jobs a high level AF like RUN and GEO. I do not expect those two jobs to be included in the upgrades and I expect the new AF to have iLevel equal to theirs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Things I'm hopeful for in DRG ilvl AF:

-5second cool down on Restoring Breath/Smiting Breath
    -Either hand or body piece with either Wyvern HP+% or Enhances Wyvern breaths(Need to get rid of Wyvern Mail/Ostreger Mitts...)
    -A piece that enhances duration (+30s) to Steady Wing
    -A piece that gives like a +5% JA haste AoE with Ancient Circle up(other Circles would get bonuses too like Warding Circle could get +5 STP/Arcane Circle could get 5%att)
    -A hand piece that increases TP on Spirit/Soul Jump or has Crit+10% DMG
    -A competitive WS piece that has a large amount of Conserve TP(DRG has 25-27% CTP from traits, on top of +7 from Elemental belt, it's kinda nice when it procs and I retain like 20-47% of my TP towards my next WS.

Pipe dream stats:
    -A piece that augments Healing Breath to act like Cureskin (10-25% of healing breath becomes stoneskin)
    -A feet piece with like WS DMG+10%
    -A piece that lets us transfer more TP from wyvern to us when we Spirit Link, or double the TP that the wyvern gives us.
    -A piece that has useable melee stats but also has a special stat that transfers 20% of all TP the wyvern accrues from melee attacks to our own TP pool.
    -A piece that augments Steady Wing to apply a diminishing effect 'Cover' effect to Wyvern for only the master, so if I'm lowmanning shit and Super Jump is down and I'm about to die, my Wyvern whom has 40% natural DT and has a 2k+ stoneskin can tank a few hits for me for 20-30s while Steady Wing is up. The balanced part of this is it wouldn't be a 100% cover for 20-30s like Paladins but be 100% for maybe 5s, then drop to 80% and diminish down to 10% since Steady Wing is a 3min ability, but in a pinch it would be a good way for DRG to avoid damage on their own since SAM has Seigan/Third Eye, WAR has Defender/Retaliation, MNK has Counter/Perfect Counter, DRK has Stun/Dread Spikes.

There really arent many cool options for DRG AF cuz we don't have any self buff abilities that can be enhances like Berserk or Last Resort, so most likely most of our AF will enhance our stupid wyvern i.e Wyvern Crit Rate+5%/Wyvern Accuracy+40, Wyvern DT 5%, etc...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    IIRC, their initial announcement said something about giving other jobs a high level AF like RUN and GEO. I do not expect those two jobs to be included in the upgrades and I expect the new AF to have iLevel equal to theirs.
    Yeah but what I'm saying is that I think the new AF will be NEW AF that replaces old AF, not, old AF +2.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It may be renamed AF so it doesn't share the same name in the .dats. Basically you quest your old AF, trade in your Warlock Chapeau/Warlock Chapeau+1, do the quest, and the reward is a hat that still has the relevant bonus of Enhances Fast Cast, but the stupid INT+5/random MP is gone and replaced with like Enhances Spontaneity or whatever and it's renamed to like "Escrimeur's Chapeau"

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast