BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 642 of 733 FirstFirst ... 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 652 692 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spira trying out for a clickbait title editor. Or just tossing out a random tidbit that makes everyone go nuts like the SoA2 and new zones comment. I haven't actively played in a good 6+ months, but I still track the game because I want a reason to play. Seems everyone wants a reason to be excited for the game.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Spira trying out for a clickbait title editor. Or just tossing out a random tidbit that makes everyone go nuts like the SoA2 and new zones comment. I haven't actively played in a good 6+ months, but I still track the game because I want a reason to play. Seems everyone wants a reason to be excited for the game.
    yeah but the problem is, the Devs have pulled stuff like this off now 3 times for FFXI, where nothing was previously announced ¬.¬. Abyssea and the level cap abolishment, SoA and Rhapsodies of Vanadiel sooooooooo

@Spira: oh no no no dont phunk with my heart!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree. I'm very hopeful something is coming, but with how people are, if something was leaked/teased it'd be all over BG and FFXIAH by now. How one or two people can have an inside scoop when there's no source beyond possibly random-ish JP mussings or wishes is beyond me.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I agree. I'm very hopeful something is coming, but with how people are, if something was leaked/teased it'd be all over BG and FFXIAH by now. How one or two people can have an inside scoop when there's no source beyond possibly random-ish JP mussings or wishes is beyond me.
    actually this is possible, i knew 1 week before the official announcement that abyssea was comeing and the lvl cap was raised

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I should probably clarify. I know as little as you do.

But look out for tomorrow

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah I remember the last announcement for SOA, you couldn't pry the smile off my face I had the entire time lol. I hope they do something but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    I should probably clarify. I know as little as you do.

But look out for tomorrow
    We are going back to the future and atually getting this time Time Mage?!

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    We are going back to the future and atually getting this time Time Mage?!
    We so are! Time mage is gonna be able to cast Haste, Haste2, Slow, Slow 2, Gravity, Gravity 2, Flurry, Flurry 2... oh wait!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    We so are! Time mage is gonna be able to cast Haste, Haste2, Slow, Slow 2, Gravity, Gravity 2, Flurry, Flurry 2... oh wait!
    I was thinking more of the line of Haste III slow III comet meteor ultima etc. ¬.¬, basicly a healer with stances to switch between nukeing and healing to rival whm!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Time Mage and Alchemist, new jobs

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    basicly a healer with stances to switch between nukeing and healing
    Sounds like such a fresh and original concept for a new job in FFXI!
    Can't wait for WoTG to be released to finally try it out.

OH WAIT. (lol)

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm divided on new jobs.
    If they were ever to release a new expansion having one without new jobs would be so meh, new jobs are always cool and kinda define expansions for me.

On the other hand FFXI has so many jobs already, and they don't seem particularly good in fixing them, they have their hands full already. How about they fix/expand the current jobs or add new core systems to the game? A new thing that's not Job Points and it's not Merits but is similar and allows you to expand and customize and balance jobs and shit like that? I dunno, whatever, but focus their resources on "fixing" the current jobs making them feel more different, freshier, more interesting, more depth etc?
    More jobs is cool but sounds like the easier way to provide a short term "ooooh!" effect that's gonna create issues in the long term for all of us.

So yeah I dunno, I get very mixed feelings of both excitement and concern about the idea of new jobs coming.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

New job, eh?

It'll start off shitty
    SE will buff it, it will still be shitty
    SE will buff it again, it will be on par with other jobs, but no one will use it because its not better
    SE will buff it again, it will be better than other jobs, but no one will bother putting forth the effort to gear it
    SE will buff it further, it will be OP, and people will finally use it, and SE will be too far gone to nerf it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm divided on new jobs.
    If they were ever to release a new expansion having one without new jobs would be so meh, new jobs are always cool and kinda define expansions for me.

On the other hand FFXI has so many jobs already, and they don't seem particularly good in fixing them, they have their hands full already. How about they fix/expand the current jobs or add new core systems to the game? A new thing that's not Job Points and it's not Merits but is similar and allows you to expand and customize and balance jobs and shit like that? I dunno, whatever, but focus their resources on "fixing" the current jobs making them feel more different, freshier, more interesting, more depth etc?
    More jobs is cool but sounds like the easier way to provide a short term "ooooh!" effect that's gonna create issues in the long term for all of us.

So yeah I dunno, I get very mixed feelings of both excitement and concern about the idea of new jobs coming.
    i wouldnt mind expanding jobs if they would allow subjobs to go to 99! That would shake up the current meta game quite strongly. Obviously Subjobs wouldnt benefit from job points or merits, but WHM/BLM would suddenly be a force to be reckoned with nukes.

Besides i dont see much for balance, i rather have the freedome FF11 offers with the unbalance that it brings, then the restriction placed on jobs 14 has. But thats just my opinion

If they ever made another "proper" expansion (not very likely IMO) it would have jobs. People love story and lore but FFXI is a game at the end of the day, and the first thing people look at with new expansions here are new areas to explore and new jobs to level up and play around with. I think they learned people sort of "expect" it after CoP had a rather lukewarm initial reception (It got nice reviews but a ton of people I knew didn't clear CoP until years after it came out and expressed disappointment at no jerbs).

CoP was the first and last time SE did a purely story/lore based expansion.

Campaign
    BG Level

I think what you said is the most likely scenario Kincard, by far. And it's also the easiest way for them (everybody is gonna apreciate a new job which will have a big impact on the attractiveness of the game, even if it sucks or it's greatly unbalanced etc)

At the same time though it's not all black or white, it's not "Plot/Story only" (CoP) versus "Additional jobs".
    If they wanted I'm sure they could create a much better situation than the CoP ones for example by adding a new large-scale system in the game (similar to what we've seen in other MMO expansions) that concerns ALL the existing jobs.
    But this is of course much harder to achieve compared to, like, a job released in a haste with nothing special or entertaining but... IT'S A NEW JOB! IT HAS A NEW NAME! SO COOL!
    If you get what I mean.

Can't bring myself to expect new jobs until they get around the alleged ability/spell cap. Even then, I think I'd still prefer existing ones get fixed and better stylized to fit their specific theme(s).

Campaign
    BG Level

I think they're already around that cap if they want to.
    Call me a paranoid but I'm pretty confident that by now, especially after dropping PS2 support completely, that's just an excuse to stop people from expecting too much.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmmm...tomorrow then. Here's hoping.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't wanna get my hopes up.