BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 647 of 733 FirstFirst ... 597 637 645 646 647 648 649 657 697 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah you can send large fish to same account, and I think even other accounts.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I've been seeing almost nothing but intense group shouts in JP time since yesterday.

Probably helps that this month's intense isn't as annoying as some of the other ones.
    Doable, not the easiest of the 5 ambuscade rounds we've got so far though.
    Wonder if there's a trick to avoid him using the MP to zero move, some times we've done something, he changed colour for a second and he never used that move.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wonder if there's a trick to avoid him using the MP to zero move, some times we've done something, he changed colour for a second and he never used that move.
    So it's not the perfect solution, but if you bring a blue mage, you can diffusion Magic Shield, which actually stops the MP drain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I thought the move wasn't zero so much as deals dmg and takes away the same amount of mp. I seem to remember seeing people using various magic reduction/stoneskinish effects to get thru it I think. On top of capped mdt of course

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On VE, that move drained all ~950 of my MP on DRK despite it only doing about 400 damage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

how is this fight for thief, by the way? haven't started ambuscade at all this month.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

vex and attunement helpems

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I thought the move wasn't zero so much as deals dmg and takes away the same amount of mp. I seem to remember seeing people using various magic reduction/stoneskinish effects to get thru it I think. On top of capped mdt of course
    No it's different. Some times on run I was taking full damage but "resisting" the mp removal part. Didn't try elemental Sforzo, wonder if that allows you to keep mp all of the time

does the tank grab the main boss and all the adds? was wondering how pup tank might handle the main boss since we don't have to worry about mp tanking, but it's nigh impossible to supertank anything in that arena as pup since you can't deploy out of aggro range. automatons sadly don't handle tanking multiple mobs so well, at least not when you have almace blus ripping hate off if you miss a single flash or voke. <,<

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

pup tank wont work because its incursion hate. unless you grab hate on your char on all adds vial diaga sentinel rampart etc and transfer it then to your maton. That could work

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    does the tank grab the main boss and all the adds? was wondering how pup tank might handle the main boss since we don't have to worry about mp tanking, but it's nigh impossible to supertank anything in that arena as pup since you can't deploy out of aggro range. automatons sadly don't handle tanking multiple mobs so well, at least not when you have almace blus ripping hate off if you miss a single flash or voke. <,<
    If the Hate Swap move worked differently (like Caper Emissarius from SCH) maybe supertanking would be viable, but with how things work sadly it doesn't.

PUP of course would make the fight so trivial... but alas it's not viable.

is it only the main boss who uses the mp drain move? could do a run or pld super tank them all then have the pup grab the main boss if not. might not be "ideal" damage wise but at least it would make things easier on the tank, right?

Campaign
    BG Level

It's just the Main boss who uses the MP to zero move.
    You could use a PUP to tank the boss while a tank supertank the rest, but why should you do that when a RUN can supertank everything and you don't have to "waste" a pt slot for a second tank?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Then you don't have to have a healer?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're going to need a healer anyway for the boss's AoEs and the adds, no?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Then you don't have to have a healer?
    Not sure tank could survive alone without a healer. Other people would be taking AoE damage as well until boss is dead anyway.
    Definitely not on VD.
    Maybe on D but it would be hard.
    Of course no problem on Normal but who does normal?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly not sure I just spammed VD regular

Pup tank doesn't need a healer, as the automaton is the only thing taking damage. that said, you'd still have the other people to worry about, including the run tanking the rest, i guess, but they might not need as much healing with the main boss out of the way... especially since ambuscade AoE is reduced for people not the main target. Not sure how hard VD boss would be, but if it alone doesn't hit terribly hard the pup could continue to DD in master gear alongside the rest while the automaton takes the heat off... so you could think of it as trading a bit of damage (not a ton since the tankbot still does some decent damage) in exchange for making the tanks life a lot easier.

of the main boss hits like a truck, however, it might nessessitate pet tank gear, in which case the master might as well not be meleeing at all... seeing as how i have like 931 acc without food in my tanking set. lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    You're going to need a healer anyway for the boss's AoEs and the adds, no?
    Not exactly- you can have a BLU handle most of the healing, with some support from a GEO and/or BRD.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    but they might not need as much healing with the main boss out of the way
    They totally would, which is what we said a few posts ago already.
    Have you tried the fight meanwhile or are you still making assumptions based on comments/descriptions you read on the web?
    On N it would be totally viable imho, on D very very hard but I suppose... doable with a bit of luck, lots of coordination and good players/setup?
    Don't see it viable at all on VD, but glad to be proved wrong. Actually tbf I hardly care about it, but I guess it would be very nice seeing someone succeed with PUP tanking on VD