Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 649 of 733 FirstFirst ... 599 639 647 648 649 650 651 659 699 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Well you have to consider the fact that it costs 500 stored merits to enter. How much are those merits worth in gil when you factor all the merit fights they can do?
    I think it's 250 now.
    Well still a lot don't get me wrong, but at least not 500 anymore.
    Also with a KI you can entry a full party once.

I like the idea of Master's Trials, I would've liked it more if it were alliance content instead of party and if there were some additional motivations to do it.
    No, I'm not talking about items as I said, but at least something else in addition to a single cosmetic item about which I couldn't care less, personally of course.
    Some mats? Some gil? JPs? All of this?
    It didn't even have to be worth it to make those 250 merits as efficiently spent as with spamming HTBF (check what comeatmebro posted on FFXIAH).
    I would've been perfectly fine if it was just a few mats/boxes/stuff meant as a small compensation instead of an efficient farming method.
    But *absolutely nothing*? Uh... no, doesn't interest me, given the amount of time and effort they require.

That's just me of course though, but in a game that's struggling to get resource for devs and a game that still could use so much attention in other places, I still find it a bit of a waste to spend resources on Master Trials.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Actually the merit cost is 100% the reason nobody does it. Who the hell wants to farm merits anyways when you have to constantly go back to the goblin to put them in. That's my reason for not doing it at least, I want the sword for lockstyle but I'm too lazy to farm merits like that.
    I don't know if you're trolling or just wanting to argue. If a group of 6 people actually wanted to do master trials, they could spend an hour~ getting 20+ pops to do it. It's a miniscule amount of effort. I feel like you've either never been serious about it or never thought it that long. Why don't you ask the people who have completed master trials how much time they spent farming entrance items? I have 1500+ potpurri on my character and I never spent any time deliberately farming it.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You dont multibox? Lol theres your problem.

Merit campaign gives an extra drop slot. Maybe for you its not worth it, but for me 3boxing, the difference is about 100 REM items per fight with and without the campaign, presuming avg distribution from boxes/crates.

Edit: not even 100. Id get about 600 over 5 fights (120/fight) and about 900 (180/fight) when campaign is active. Its nice w campaign up, but youre making it sound like it increases output exponentially.

Odin/Alex was 500. I must have skimmed over that part of the notes, because I dont care for master trials that grant a lv1 cosmetic item, my bad
    I'm not sure if I missed something you posted (seems like your edit deleted one of your posts), but it seems like you're still trying to equate merit points to gil. I was getting 14.5 m CP/h at Reisenjima #2 earlier today. I don't know how much EXP/h that is (it should be more EXP than CP) but I'd guess at least 2000 merits/h. If I came for the explicit purpose of generating potpurri you can see how quickly that would build up. Of course I would lose some to warping back and forth, but regardless this should make it clear that whatever comparison you're making to HTBF is totally flawed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The other problem is that despite being "Master trials" and requiring you to get the full 2100 JP...it still uses merits, so all the extra JP you get on that job is still going to be wasted.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The other problem is that despite being "Master trials" and requiring you to get the full 2100 JP...it still uses merits, so all the extra JP you get on that job is still going to be wasted.
    If you think this is a good idea go post it on the OF. Again, this is not the reason NA players forego master trials, although the opinion you've expressed in general is. You've basically stated that it's not worth your time because that's better spent farming gil. The reward for master trials is not some shiny piece of gear at the end of the road, it's the journey, the achievement, and recognition that you've accomplished something most players couldn't.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Or rather that most players don't care enough to even attempt. On my server, I doubt there has been a single real attempt at either master trial by anyone.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

You dont multibox? Lol theres your problem.

Merit campaign gives an extra drop slot. Maybe for you its not worth it, but for me 3boxing, the difference is about 100 REM items per fight with and without the campaign, presuming avg distribution from boxes/crates.

Edit: not even 100. Id get about 600 over 5 fights (120/fight) and about 900 (180/fight) when campaign is active. Its nice w campaign up, but youre making it sound like it increases output exponentially.

Odin/Alex was 500. I must have skimmed over that part of the notes, because I dont care for master trials that grant a lv1 cosmetic item, my bad
    Right, because it's legit to base on your argument on your own preference. You prefer to pay $39 a month, I don't. You prefer to farm REM items from BC 24-7 whenever you have merit, I don't. I do many content in this game, and merit just comes naturally that I have more than enough merit for multiple Master trial runs. Without campaign Ive make 600 REM item worth of gil in less than an hr with 1 char merc with friends anyways, there's just no point for me to save merit to do boring bc for less gil per hr with or without campaign.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

And just a month ago you were talking about how you only get to play XI for 3-15 hours a week...a lot can change in a month I guess?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I honestly don't care for master trials because
    1) I'm nowhere near geared enough (eg no REM(consequesntly no AG), still working on reisenjima etc)
    2) 500 merits is a lot (hell, even 250)
    3) I'd have to master whatever job people would rather have me on, which means I'd also have to gear that up

and that's just not time I'm willing to put in for a cosmetic item when I have four other games I play passively as well.
    I just log on and do the occasional event with ls, that's about it at this point.

that said, I'm clearly not the target demographic for this sort of content

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

And just a month ago you were talking about how you only get to play XI for 3-15 hours a week...a lot can change in a month I guess?
    I don't know how playing 3 to 15 hr a week conflicting any of my argument? You don't need to play 40hr a week to have enough merit points to do a run, you just need to join a reisenjima CP pt and dump merits 4 times. I don't have exact numbers here but I think 3 to 4 big pulls can cap 75 merit in cp pt, during campaign at least.

You guys are exaggerating the effort it takes to get enough merits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep, since I don't know as I wasn't "raised" in NA culture, but I'm guessing a lot of NA players really dislike doing something challenging for "just the challenge of it" comparatively to the JP. Like yeah, doing all that for a glamor item or just title..yeah I can see why people would want more, but I know a lot of JP players don't mind it since it's actually something to do.

If SE gave the XI team the amount of (even limited resources) they give the XIV folks, I'm sure they'd gladly do a lot more lol since as said, the client still has at least 3 slots for some kind of expansion, rather it's an expansion like zilart/cop/etc or mini add on like crystalline/abyssea and so on.
    99% of the reason I played XI the way I played it was so I could do things just for the challenge of it. If I come back at any point while people I play with are still around, I will be 100% going after master trials. I have a few people in mind who I could probably convince to waste their lives on it as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Can someone please explain to me why expanding chocobo digging areas is a god damned priority?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why expanding chocobo digging areas is a god damned priority?
    It's being added hand in hand with additional riding areas. It's more of a side effect than a priority I feel.

Campaign
    BG Level

That's they way they want to put it, but I don't really see the necessity.
    Couldn't they simply allow mounts in more areas and DISABLE chocobo digging in those areas?
    Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.

They chose to do that because they probably think Chocobo Digging can offer some interesting content for casual players. I find it strange, but some seem to like it after all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    That's they way they want to put it, but I don't really see the necessity.
    Couldn't they simply allow mounts in more areas and DISABLE chocobo digging in those areas?
    Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.

They chose to do that because they probably think Chocobo Digging can offer some interesting content for casual players. I find it strange, but some seem to like it after all.
    It's also possible that adding a chocobo digging table to an existing zone isnt very intensive at all.

Campaign
    BG Level

I doubt it's intensive, but it surely represents a certain amount of hours of work that could've been put towards more appealing goals, seen from the point of view like that of people over these boards.
    I'm confident this is what Byrth meant.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So what's up with the Dev. Notes about Synthesis? All it says is "Adjust System"

Are they increasing caps or something? Anyone have an idea? That seems extremely vague.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Making something easier probably, maybe GP? I haven't seen anything about it yet. I wish they would do more high-tier battles.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I doubt it's intensive, but it surely represents a certain amount of hours of work that could've been put towards more appealing goals, seen from the point of view like that of people over these boards.
    I'm confident this is what Byrth meant.
    I didn't misunderstand him, I'm just saying the amount of work is likely negligible, and wouldn't contribute significantly to getting something done that people on this board would actually want. Plus the sooner they "finish" adding areas (there's a distinct endpoint to this task) the quicker that theoratical pittance of dev time can be re-allocated.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    It's also possible that adding a chocobo digging table to an existing zone isnt very intensive at all.
    They have to flag what areas of the zone you can/can't dig in, unless that's already embedded in the textures.