Page 654 of 733 FirstFirst ... 604 644 652 653 654 655 656 664 704 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Correct me if I'm wrong since I rarely do shit outside of my 3box, but all things equal, GEO has lower nuking prowess than BLM and SCH and therefor would cause a net-loss in damage if they casted their nukes before the BLM or SCH's nukes due to SE's very very potent repeated nuke penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Jhakri sucks because it sucks for BLU's to melee in cause of the lack of haste
    k? Good thing theres a belt with a whooping 14% haste. You could use Jhakri+1 Hd Bd Hn Ft with Kaabnax Trousers for 25% gear haste, which depending on the rounding will cap you off. Kaabnax Trousers also come with 10 acc/atk. Seems pretty safe to me.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not always the case. You could cast after they go, on the second volley or if its Death you could MB stone instead. It isn't too bad these days, as with all the gear improvements most will still deal almost capped DMG.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm just going off the information here, depending how many people are nuking.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Not to mention Jhakri isn't the best set overall, IMO (just most useful since BLU is the most played job atm).

The new Skadi set pieces:

Head - Best for all things ranged.
    Body - Best for stacked WS from DNC+THF.
    Hands - Best for any high fTP WS (Savage, Rudra, Dimi, etc.)
    Legs - Best for high acc TPing, light armor comes with enough haste to still cap haste with this on.

Entire set is BiS for Exenterator and really strong for ranged, sometimes BiS.

To say that the sets aren't top-tier is pure ignorance. This set has similar usefulness of Carmine+1, I don't see anyone bashing that set.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can only speak for my job but Meg. set is pretty much best for shooting, or for meleeing if acc drops. Gloves are best Last Stand/Savage too.

So to me some of this stuff is top tier.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

'This gear set built for offensive spellcasting and weaponskills isn't good to TP in, therefor it sucks.' lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I didnt know mages were balking on Jhakri cause of the lack of haste. Im pretty sure there are all of zero mages who prioritize haste over nuking stats (notable exception to Death and its 3 minute base recast)

Any reason why your mages are in aoe range anyways?
    The lack of haste/defensive stats is actually kind of shitty for blu, considering your max casting range is about 11' on the good spells, and recast often matters. The downsides are even more impactful if you are cleaving. That said, the set is still very strong for blu nuking (can't equip merlinic), as well as physical spells/enfeebles/every sword+club WS the job actually uses besides CDC.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    The lack of haste/defensive stats is actually kind of shitty for blu, considering your max casting range is about 11' on the good spells, and recast often matters. The downsides are even more impactful if you are cleaving. That said, the set is still very strong for blu nuking (can't equip merlinic), as well as physical spells/enfeebles/every sword+club WS the job actually uses besides CDC.
    At the end of the day: Shit is situational
    I'm pretty sure you can make two nuking sets in GS, one where recast matters, and one where max damage matters.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Pretty much. It's mostly annoying to have to use jhakri against high end stuff due to macc requirements, than get slammed with status effects/magic damage midcast because you went from capped to floored meva swapping to the set. 5/5 jhakri has around 200 less magic evasion compared to other sets of mage gears.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Now you kind of know what it's like to swap into 5/5 Argosy (though Argosy has it much worse)~

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    So to me some of this stuff is top tier.
    100% agree.
    Pretty much anything with WSdmg on it is either top of the line, or so close that the only thing better is a perfectly augmented Reisenjima gear... which... ain't nobody got time for. (not when it's a 1% better, if then)
    But that's just WS stuff. (And Jhakri hands are even more good since MAB *and* WSdmg is either impossible or so rare that it might as well be.)

Other stuff... There's often better options.
    Especially for Jhakri. (dem pants.... so much waste)
    But the body IS a 3/tic refresh piece... and then there's stuff like Inyanga that for BRD is almost completely BiS for enfeebles.

Basically, these, like all sets, aren't really something that is 5/5able. But to dismiss any piece by itself as "noob garbage" is foolish. (even moreso when the better pieces are HQ abjs and perfect aug Reisen gear.)
    Hopefully the Nares set will be less... "glass cannon". But I actually like drawbacks to gear. Makes things interesting. (and also discourages bandwagoners, and we all hate them, don't we. ;p )

Campaign
    BG Level

Ambuscade sets are excellent entry level sets, arguably too good given how their purpose was being just entry.
    Some pieces are BiS and most sets are overall pretty nice or BiS at some specific use (acc, pdt, etc).

The worst set of them all is probably the Usukane one. It's still nice for acc sets and can find a couple of uses for some pieces (legs!) but overall I'd rather say it's the most disappointing of the 5 sets.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

askar/denali/goliard sets interest me not so much as potential BiS replacement sets (which there's bound to be 1 or 2 pieces per set again), but more to see which direction they take with them. perhaps more suitable TP pieces this time around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It really depends on the set. The usukane was pretty meh while the skadi set was basically BiS for every piece for mid shoot and several being good for wsing and great for melee acc and all while being great for hybrid. Let's me do full 75% pdt on run while still having enough acc to melee quite well

Campaign
    BG Level

75% with which builds, Epeolatry aside?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    75% with which builds, Epeolatry aside?
    Kind of going by memory but full Meghanada set is 21% by itself and a few slots you could do better if need be. I got an evasionist cape with 3 da and 5 dt, dring (10), Patricius Ring (5), Loricate Torque +1 (6) is another 29 by itself so bam 50%. Still a bit of wiggle room to change things up if needed/wanted like Staunch Tathlum, Refined Grip, Flume Belt, swapping some of the visible pieces etc but those are all trade offs with haste and/or acc so meh. Can also drop 1 or 2 pdt/dt and not really care that much if going for a more DD oriented build

In other news looks like some more dev notes not getting translated. Some talk about cursna success rates and values and how skill based amounts interact with +gear.

Some jps wondering why cor doesn't get more shield and looks like they asking about more ranged oriented augments or something for other gear.

And sounds like they want to do something to artifact upgrading with monisette?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

5+10+5+6 is 26 not 29

They need to get rid of that jp midnight and just make it like the salv v2 npc:
    "Hey bb i knew u wanted dis so i had one pre made, luvu"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

5+10+5+6 is 26 not 29
    Sorry I didn't specify but evasionist has base 3 pdt

Also seems the af reforge thing was people were able to reforge without meeting the prereqs which they fixed tonight

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I didnt know mages were balking on Jhakri cause of the lack of haste. Im pretty sure there are all of zero mages who prioritize haste over nuking stats (notable exception to Death and its 3 minute base recast)

Any reason why your mages are in aoe range anyways?
    That is the exact thing i kept wondering about when i heard mages bitching about it. Granted if a BLU was meleeing in it i can see lack of haste being an issue. as a meleeing blm with all the acc on it Id jsut be glad to hit the damn thing. Doesnt matter how fast I whiff if i cant hit it. But nuking stats id say its pretty good.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sorry I didn't specify but evasionist has base 3 pdt
    I dont play RUN, so I wasnt aware, my bad

Campaign
    BG Level

With full Meghanada you need 10% Haste to cap 26%. Unless I'm missing something that means either Tempus Fugit to overcap or Salifi Belt+1 to stay at 25% (which is acceptable).
    This means no Flume Belt.
    Also Evasionist is ok (mine is 3+4) but Ogma is so much better it's a shame to lose that to use Evasionist.
    To cap without Evasionist you'd probably need to use that 3% unity grip, Defending, Vocane, Loricate+1, Staunch and then I guess Genmei Earring.

Still, with such a set you get decent DD stats, lots of acc, good PDT but at the same time you lose all the nice stats on the typical tanking items (Meva, Resist Ailments, Enmity, Enmity Retention, Damage>MP conversion etc).

Regardless of that I guess it can be a nice set for situations where you feel you don't need to go full defensive, a "TankDD" set so to say.
    I have one but I think I might be moving to full meghanada for that I suppose. Thanks for inspiring me!