BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 660 of 733 FirstFirst ... 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So new FFRK cross over event. If you do rank 5 mission you get new tunes on your music box woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ligray View Post
    Freshly picked happened early this morning, managed to briefly skim thru the vid before they made it private.

Next ambuscade set is Nashira.
    They showed off war af with blue and gold border (more reforaging?)
    They also showed off some new place, looked like a coliseum (the new battle content perhaps?)
    I didn't see the video, but looking at the jp discussion, besides talking about "+3"? AF there seems to be talk about a new craft skill + item? There are several comments to the effect of "It's the end of the kupo shield" Not sure though.

Found images

Spoiler: show

Looks like its pet related, translated feet as an example:

nq feet
    def60 HP+15 MP+10 STR+10 DEX+24
    VIT+12 AGI+46 MND+11 CHR+26
    ACC+24 MACC+27 EVA+60 MEVA+69 MDB+5 Haste+4%
    Pet acc+24 Rng acc+24 macc+24 haste+6%
    ? SMN PUP

The coliseum place:
    Spoiler: show

Campaign
    BG Level

For Coliseum looks like they used the Final RoV battlefield model as a base and then swapped some models/textures here and there.
    But I guess that makes sense given their short resources, better than no content at all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    For Coliseum looks like they used the Final RoV battlefield model as a base and then swapped some models/textures here and there.
    But I guess that makes sense given their short resources, better than no content at all.
    Amazing what a shift in lighting and/or color palette can accomplish. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    I didn't see the video, but looking at the jp discussion, besides talking about "+3"? AF there seems to be talk about a new craft skill + item? There are several comments to the effect of "It's the end of the kupo shield" Not sure though.
    Perhaps this is referencing the "Guild Shops: Add new items" entry in the pre-patch notes? Only way that they could nerf the Kupo Shield that I can think of would be to add hardcaps to max skill levels :/

Maybe they decided to listen to me and add items like Hocho for each craft and added caps to compensate for the new effective max. XD Wut? It could happen. <,<

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They could nerf the Kupo shield by adding shields for each craft that gives +3 in that category.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    They could nerf the Kupo shield by adding shields for each craft that gives +3 in that category.
    That would give Cooking a continued advantage compared to other crafts tho.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Hocho-like weapons instead XD Heck, they could even do them as lv1 alljobs and give us all access to new aby proc weapons while they're at it o_o Guess we'll find out for sure in a few hours.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The much rumored Freshly Picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVc5Laht18
    Patch notes up: Patch Notes Nov '16

Hopefully someone w/ stronger japanese skills than myself will watch it too since my translation skills are... somewhat lacking

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

looks like they mostly talking about the update and some of the events. Almost looks like we are getting a costume for every mog gardens pet? Get baby coeurl at least. Looks like a little bit on new battle content called omen. Which is where the pictures of af being upgraded from blue to gold box came from. So maybe that event lets you get reforged +2/3? Stuff about crafter is after that near the end

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    looks like they mostly talking about the update and some of the events. Almost looks like we are getting a costume for every mog gardens pet? Get baby coeurl at least. Looks like a little bit on new battle content called omen. Which is where the pictures of af being upgraded from blue to gold box came from. So maybe that event lets you get reforged +2/3? Stuff about crafter is after that near the end
    The garden pet costume seems to be a consumable, 12/stack item which turns you into a random pet you have in your garden (maybe only baby forms?) You don't get to actually pick which one you get.

The new event is called "Omen" Looks like it is a small arena style event, but w/ lots of trash mobs in addition to a boss mob. Not clear on how exactly, but we will be able to upgrade Artifact 119 by two upgrade levels using Omen drops. (The devs call them +2/+3. They will all still ilvl119.) In addition to that, accessories will be able to drop from Omen. (They say "ochiru" which would be "fall" or "drop", so probably no new currency type associated with this event.)

The crafting talk.... O_o I really need help on this one lol They're talking about "ultimate equipment" and I could SWEAR that Fujito says something along the lines of "crafter relics" @_@;;;;;;; Someone PLEASE check 1:28:00 and translate properly XD I have a hard time since they are all mush-mouths who don't know how to enunciate most of the time ><;;;;; Sounds like they're going to be very time consuming to get, but good enough that Kupo Shield will not be that exciting anymore... They mention Christmas at the beginning of the section, so I'm thinking that we will have to stockpile a stupidly large quantity of something that we buy with GP... Maybe the "Pagodite" that is listed on the update items page?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well it's not Pagodite. You buy that from garden moogle. Thinking that last bit is for next big update or something. Here's hoping jp side gets a transcript soonish

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did that freshly picked say when they were projecting they'd have the crafting changes implemented?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Did that freshly picked say when they were projecting they'd have the crafting changes implemented?
    My japanese comprehension is enough to deal with normal conversation (as long as the other person actually opens their mouth and enunciates properly.. Mochizuki likes to talk w/ his hands in front of his mouth sometimes too, which makes it harder.) I tried listening several times and still not 100% sure of everything they are saying tbh ^^;; Reallllllllllllllllly need someone else to step in and do a proper translation, at least from the 1:28:00 mark when they start the crafting segment.

There was mention of Christmas, so maybe as soon as next month?
    I actually got the impression that we'd be able to start on the process this month, and the items themselves would be added later, like what they did with Aeonics, but looks like there might've been a mistranslation in the pre-patch notes since I have yet to find any new items on "Guild Vendors".

Edit: Might help if I posted the link to the vid, so...
    YouTube link: Freshly Picked 29, Nov 2016

Sorry for slacking on dev posts a bit, been kind of swamped with work so I often just go to bed when I get home a lot of the time (or I'm actually taking my free time playing the game =P).

Also just FYI that I got a link to a 4Gamer interview with the devs from way way back in August from Ligray. I've been meaning to get around to it but like I said above, been kinda busy.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Sorry for slacking on dev posts a bit, been kind of swamped with work so I often just go to bed when I get home a lot of the time (or I'm actually taking my free time playing the game =P).

Also just FYI that I got a link to a 4Gamer interview with the devs from way way back in August from Ligray. I've been meaning to get around to it but like I said above, been kinda busy.
    Thanks Kincard, we appreciate the effort you go through to post these translations! Translation wise, your macro books explanation made sense, as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Welcome back Kincard. Was about to retire the signal but guess I'll keep it around.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post

Welcome back to the Dark Side. ^^ Can you tell me how wrong I am about the FP stream from the 1:28:00 mark onward please? orz

Your info on Omen is right. They want to set the difficulty ranging from normal enemies in Reisenjima to the level of Very Difficult Ambuscade Bosses. Normal enemies can drop +2 materials so you can adjust what you're doing based on how many people show up or you're flying solo with Trusts, etc. They did not specify where accessories would be coming from.

The Crafter Relic will be a shield so it cannot be used alongside Kupo Shield, but it will be comparable. It will be separated into several stages like other relics, and the final form will have a unique model. He didn't really specify when it'll come, just that he'll probably need a bit of time to adjust it.

EDIT: Just realized the way the post was written didn't imply multiple different crafter relics. My money's on it just being one shield personally, they're probably too lazy to make like 8 new models when they could just make one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like they put the transcript up on jp side now. Says pretty much what Kincard said. Sounds like the Omen wont just be kill bosses but exploring unexplored parts of reisin and killing stuff along the way apparently creating new map for it? Looks like they saying you can get you can farm +2 material from stuff at the beginning but seem to be implying you have to beat the content to get +3 material. Looking at strong accessories too. Looks like this stuff is still in beginning stages saying they will have more info dec/jan

edit: English up too now seems got more or less the broad strokes. Though says they testing system now and the dec/jan thing was just the next freshly picked