Closed Thread
Page 678 of 733 FirstFirst ... 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Nice one, using the "we're not nerfing it, we're just fixing a bug!" excuse and trying to get away with it XD
    Well it would make sense. I mean for awhile now we've been thinking there was something wonky between the given values of geo macc/meva spells and rdm/brd equivalents this could be why. Actually this reminds me to check some jp testing I found... they were doing some really interesting macc/meva testing and I actually think geo spells came up... it's just something of a chore to go thru due to language barrier

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Languor really is super potent. I hope the Vex nerf doesn't mess up every meleeburn strategy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just wish they would give RDMs the category II merit spells as part of our regular spell lexicon and make the Merits for potency/and-or/accuracy. That would go a long way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well it would make sense. I mean for awhile now we've been thinking there was something wonky between the given values of geo macc/meva spells and rdm/brd equivalents this could be why. Actually this reminds me to check some jp testing I found... they were doing some really interesting macc/meva testing and I actually think geo spells came up... it's just something of a chore to go thru due to language barrier
    This could explain why it seemed like elemental resistance were less potent than straight meva. Our gauge for this is vex/attunement. So if they were yielding more than the listed 100 each then this would make sense. They ARE more potent in total value. Just not point for point potency

EDIT: Oh wait... this was only about Focus/langour, right? if so, scrap the above. Was still an interesting thought though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Languor really is super potent. I hope the Vex nerf doesn't mess up every meleeburn strategy.
    They might nerf just Focus/Languor and not touch Vex/Attu, we'll see.

The perspective of Threnodies sucking because of that "bug" is interesting but I still think there's more to it. The difference seems to be huge, and the difference with Frazzle3 didn't seem that huge instead, it's quite noticeable actually, even if maybe not as strong as Languor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    This could explain why it seemed like elemental resistance were less potent than straight meva. Our gauge for this is vex/attunement. So if they were yielding more than the listed 100 each then this would make sense. They ARE more potent in total value. Just not point for point potency

EDIT: Oh wait... this was only about Focus/langour, right? if so, scrap the above. Was still an interesting thought though.
    Kincards translation simply stated spells related to macc and meva someone else stated those specific ones

Maybe idk I found some jp testing on it but god it's annoying to go thru. Though from what I've gathered of their methodology they've hit upon a relatively quick and easy method of calculating changes in macc/meva so if I fail at trying to decipher their testing they've at least given a way to calculate

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Kincards translation simply stated spells related to macc and meva someone else stated those specific ones

Maybe idk I found some jp testing on it but god it's annoying to go thru. Though from what I've gathered of their methodology they've hit upon a relatively quick and easy method of calculating changes in macc/meva so if I fail at trying to decipher their testing they've at least given a way to calculate
    Can you please post a link to that testing? Would be awesome if they've figured out the lvl+1 value at least, but would be amazing if they've pinned down all the variables.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Can you please post a link to that testing? Would be awesome if they've figured out the lvl+1 value at least, but would be amazing if they've pinned down all the variables.
    It's kind of mixed thru several entries in a couple of blogs I've found (much like the original macc testing lol. damn jps keep everything to themselves) but yeah I'll try to find the ones that seem important when I got some more time maybe you can help make sense/translate them lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's kind of mixed thru several entries in a couple of blogs I've found (much like the original macc testing lol. damn jps keep everything to themselves) but yeah I'll try to find the ones that seem important when I got some more time maybe you can help make sense/translate them lol
    I'll be happy to give it a shot, but don't expect speedy work from me. My spoken Japanese is somewhat passable, but written is pitiful. ^^;; (My trans work for this tends to deal with a lot of retranslation of Google Translate along w/ their character recognition system. ^^;; GT works decently for a baseline in most cases and anything dreadfully off tends to stand out, so it works for the most part.)

The JPs not sharing their data with us has more to do w/ no one on this side who's willing+capable of translation for the most part.... Unless the JPs in question are employees of SE, in which case they are just lazy and not providing proper support for a large chunk of their customer base.
    -_-;;;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'll be happy to give it a shot, but don't expect speedy work from me. My spoken Japanese is somewhat passable, but written is pitiful. ^^;; (My trans work for this tends to deal with a lot of retranslation of Google Translate along w/ their character recognition system. ^^;; GT works decently for a baseline in most cases and anything dreadfully off tends to stand out, so it works for the most part.)

The JPs not sharing their data with us has more to do w/ no one on this side who's willing+capable of translation for the most part.... Unless the JPs in question are employees of SE, in which case they are just lazy and not providing proper support for a large chunk of their customer base.
    -_-;;;
    Here's some alternative translation tools for you. I generally use all of them at once while working.

www.alc.co.jp (great for specific words)
    Linguee.jp (excellent for sentence structure)
    jisho.org (I like the kanji lookup by radical in this one)

Feel free to PM if you're stuck on something, can puzzle it out together.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    Here's some alternative translation tools for you. I generally use all of them at once while working.

www.alc.co.jp (great for specific words)
    Linguee.jp (excellent for sentence structure)
    jisho.org (I like the kanji lookup by radical in this one)

Feel free to PM if you're stuck on something, can puzzle it out together.
    I've been trying to do translated summaries for FP vids last few months, and so far haven't been too far off on anything. So that's something at least. ^^ I'm just close to non-functional once kanji enters the equation. ><;; Appreciate the recommendations though, can't be any harder than identifying kanji by "writing" with my mouse.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

After the magic evasion adjustments, maybe Dark Knight will actually be able to land absorbs and drains without needing Dark Seal. Right now, even with 242 magic accuracy skill on weapon, ~40 or more magic accuracy on each visible slot, and 5-10+ magic accuracy on non-visible slots, landing absorbs on even the Omen mid-bosses is nearly impossible.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This likely amounts to a major Honor March nerf... as well as pretty much every other song (until we get the Song+ gear).

Oh well, it'll be something to test.

Well, for all the other songs as long as they increase the caps enough, the new caps with the appropriate gear will probably be higher than they are now. I mean, Master Bards have what, +200 skill over the current caps naked?

As for Honor March...I want to believe they're not actually dumb enough to nerf it when the intent here is supposed to be a buff.

Campaign
    BG Level

Honor March nerf was expected. Surely people didn't expect Honor march to keep increasing at such huge rates with new +song gear coming? It would've become insane.
    Most people will be happy about the increased caps for songs, I'll be the lone sheep here and say I'm not.
    This means you'll be forced to choose between duration and and skill (potency) gear from now on, gonna be a difficult choice that will always leave a sour taste in my mouth whatever I pick. Can't have your cake and eat it too, right? =/

I also don't get the thing about Carol... +song already increased the Eleresistance effect for Carol1? Whereas for Carol2 it increased the "chance to absorb magic of that element" %.
    How did song+ NOT affect Carol before? Not getting it.

Hope the new Nocturne, Elegy, Requiem and Threnodies will provide a meaningful difference in the course of fights...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Song+1 also increases duration by 10%, so if we get Song+2 in a few slots where we already have duration or in novel slots where we didn't have duration before, we could be looking at longer songs even if we end up swapping some gear for skill.

There are just so many ways these changes could go wrong, though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    There are just so many ways these changes could go wrong, though.
    Exactely my thoughts.
    Hope songs+ will mantain the Duration +10% bonus aspect. You're right in that, aside from Carn the highest duration per slot we have available atm is 15%, so a Song+2 would solve that np.

Meh, can only keep our fingers crossed at this point, and hope they don't fuck it up for us poor BRDs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Most people will be happy about the increased caps for songs, I'll be the lone sheep here and say I'm not.
    This means you'll be forced to choose between duration and and skill (potency) gear from now on, gonna be a difficult choice that will always leave a sour taste in my mouth whatever I pick. Can't have your cake and eat it too, right? =/
    Master BRD would have 850 combined skill to begin with, and if it's a 900 skill cap like geomancy then you'd just need Gjallarhorn.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Another thing to keep in mind is that even if the base songs get a large buff from higher skill caps, the change of Song+ gear to a percentage is likely going to make stacking the same song type less effective. For example, right now, with Song +6, Sword Madrigal is 67% as strong as Blade Madrigal, but after the update (assuming the same ratio), it'll be only 50% as strong.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What difference would it make? Even if Sword stayed at 36 and Blade went to 100, you'd still want both on anything evasive.