BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 682 of 733 FirstFirst ... 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 732 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems a jp reported a bug where changing animators from I and II could cause the auto to stop wsing. Even provided a video for the devs and looks like they said they might have trouble replicating lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So seems a jp reported a bug where changing animators from I and II could cause the auto to stop wsing. Even provided a video for the devs and looks like they said they might have trouble replicating lol
    well that would actually be beneficial on vinipata. lol at not replicating it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Wish there was a command to turn off WSs on Trusts and Automatons.
    Like /faithws OFF
    /autows OFF

Where do I sign for it? Sigh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wish there was a command to turn off WSs on Trusts and Automatons.
    Like /faithws OFF
    /autows OFF

Where do I sign for it? Sigh
    Macro swap animators!! Hmmm I should test this out I guess

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So what did all those dev posts say???

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The game balance ones are hard for me to figure out with googlefu so not really sure other than it's about the changes geo and macc/meva last update. The one with auto doesn't really say much itself standard canned responses to players brining up issues with the game

Been on call at work a lot the last few days, got that post about combat balance up now. I don't really think the answers are anything most of us couldn't figure out intuitively though.

Campaign
    BG Level

They make no mention of applying the same reduced stats patch to UNMs and HTBFs, that's such a shame...
    Anybody even tried UNMW PW after patch?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As usual, thanks for the translations.

Lol at the tranquil heart post. Me: "Yes, we know you were wrong." But at least they bothered to correct themselves. A bit late though.

I guess my biggest objection to this whole GEO thing, being mostly a tank is that it kinda shits on PLD in favor of RUN. Vex/Attunement is far less likely to result in full resists now, so RUN's MEVA advantage is far more significant. And since they lowered mob macc, any time you aren't getting vex/attunement RUN is actually ahead of where they were pre-update, resist wise. <,< Still sucks even for RUN, though. just, not as much.

Time to work on RUN more I guess.

The whole geo thing also explains the previous discrepancy between meva and ele resistance. We were getting the impression that meva was stronger because Attunement was advantageously broken. Same for Langour vs threnodies.

Now SE just needs to give WHM an all elemental barspell. <,<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They should really give us Bardark and Barlight too and at least let us cast two different bar spells/barstatus spells.. being stuck with only one ever (without carols) kinda sucks

But yeah it looks like the new status quo is to make use of tons of macc gear to make up for the GEO nerf along with shoeing in a RDM for Frazzle III and BRD for threnodies, Warlock's Roll, Gain-INT, Etudes, maybe some DNC steps, Leviathan's Favor, Klimaform etc.
    As for magic evasion, there is a lot of magic evasion gear that can be taken advantage of along with Runeist Roll, Fenrir's Favor, Addle II, Impact (to lower their INT/MND), etc. etc. so it's not entirely a lost cause, I just wish SE would realize some battles have a limit of 6 players so you can't make use of every single buff and debuff every single time in every occasion, but whatever.

The only real problem I see is that they made no mention whatsoever of patching content outside of Adoulin/Escha, which could make some UNMs and other things problematic because without the nerf on NMs no amount of buff and debuff stacking will get you close to before

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We used to kill Caturae consistently with one GEO using Frailty/Vex and would bring w/e buffer we wanted for the second slot (or Qultada). Now we need Vex/Attunement to consistently survive Interference, so we bring two GEO because Frailty is the best melee damage buff.

Patch worked!

I mean, I'm sure using 2 GEOs is something they don't mind people doing, they just don't want that to be overwhelmingly good to the exclusion of everything else. There's really no conceivable way they can achieve perfect balance even just amongst the support classes. They want every job to be unique in some way, they want them all to be relevant situationally, they want to prevent a single job from being ridiculously broken, but they also don't want to force everyone to bring the whole deck of support classes for every encounter so you can stack 20 different debuffs from different classes to have a chance at winning.

It's both the reason I still enjoy the game but also what makes the game a clusterfuck of imbalance.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    The only real problem I see is that they made no mention whatsoever of patching content outside of Adoulin/Escha, which could make some UNMs and other things problematic because without the nerf on NMs no amount of buff and debuff stacking will get you close to before
    Bingo!
    =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    We used to kill Caturae consistently with one GEO using Frailty/Vex and would bring w/e buffer we wanted for the second slot (or Qultada). Now we need Vex/Attunement to consistently survive Interference, so we bring two GEO because Frailty is the best melee damage buff.

Patch worked!
    Unless your melees aren't using MDT sets, Interference should never be a OHKO even without vex or attunement. Pre-patch, I sometimes brought 2 GEOs to Omen just for one to use Attunement+Vex, but now that it's not reliable anymore, I only ever bring one GEO now, and shout for a brd/cor/smn for the second support slot. Seems to have worked to discourage GEO spam for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Opposite for me. I can still rely on resists from Interference with vex/attunement, which means the melee don't have to swap gear. Even if they do swap gear, something like a powered up Fu can OHKO them using unresisted -aga IVs with only 50% DT.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Unless your melees aren't using MDT sets, Interference should never be a OHKO even without vex or attunement. Pre-patch, I sometimes brought 2 GEOs to Omen just for one to use Attunement+Vex, but now that it's not reliable anymore, I only ever bring one GEO now, and shout for a brd/cor/smn for the second support slot. Seems to have worked to discourage GEO spam for me.
    Make that DT sets. MDT doesn't work on Interference. It's a really really weird attack.
    Details on the weirdness here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Opposite for me. I can still rely on resists from Interference with vex/attunement, which means the melee don't have to swap gear. Even if they do swap gear, something like a powered up Fu can OHKO them using unresisted -aga IVs with only 50% DT.
    Do you always run with an Idris Geo? With Dunna Geos, I find that after the update, Caturae don't often get resists on their nukes/TP moves with attunement and vex up. We handle Fu with MDT + Scherzo or Earthen Armor (dedicated MDT + MDB sets are generally enough unless you go overboard with the buffs, but Scherzo/EA are nice safety nets).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The GEO for Vex/Attunement is just Dunna, and I'd say we get substantial resists on our melee most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that our melee have more MEva in gear than is normal, but it's within reasonable bounds. My resist rate on PLD (which has pretty bad MEva) is still good for status effects like Amnesia as long as I have a /WHM Barfira up. Curse from Deathly Diminuendo lands more often than it did, so I know we're not back to the floor, but they're pretty far from capped on us too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I usually go melee, and I've probably got middle of the range MEVA on my standard set, and I'd eyeball resists to happen around 25% of the time with Attunement/Vex (higher for whatever the WHM barstatuses/elemented us against), I felt was too low to be worth using a slot on. None of them hit hard enough to OHKO (other than buffed Fu, where we make sure to bring a brd or smn instead of cor just in case), so we just let the WHM take up the slack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Been on call at work a lot the last few days, got that post about combat balance up now. I don't really think the answers are anything most of us couldn't figure out intuitively though.
    Yeah didn't think it was anything game breaking but was kind of big and complicated and wasn't sure