Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 684 of 733 FirstFirst ... 634 674 682 683 684 685 686 694 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fu doesn't actually absorb buffs, anyways.
    I can't be 100% sure that Ebullient Nullification is what makes him absorb buffs (maybe he has en-absorb or some other TP moves, I have no clue) but I can 100% confirm he can absorb buffs because I could dispel songs and other buffs that were on the tank.
    Pretty random stuff though, so maybe the abs doesn't come from Ebullient, but it's there.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Are you sure maneuvers aren't on the pet as well?
    Yes they are, and they grant pet a Stat+ to the element related to the maneuver itself.
    Same applies to Overdrive. It is used on master, but it gives a pretty big buff on the pet itself, normally undispellable but Gorger is "special" and we all know that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are you sure maneuvers aren't on the pet as well?
    Technically there would be no way to prove if they are or not. But no other mob has any other effect on it so for all intents in purposes it's no different then gear/attachment buffs. On top of that what would be the point of putting it on both? Further on top of that if you are really really fast resummoning your auto sometimes the maneuvers stay. Also it doesn't appear to really do anything when gorger absorbs them other than the normal anything it does. Regardless gorger is the weirdest absorption there is in the game I'd sooner trust pvp then it for testing a player trait/ability/etc. Not that it matters since that line of talk was more of a comparison to sdt not something really wanted to be tested

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes there is, or rather, there was no way to test it. But I think Gorger just acted as a test and showed us how these things are handled.
    i.e. a buff gets placed on the automaton, and same for Overdrive.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

More Omen bosses, huh? Glad to see them continuing to expand the content so soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yes there is, or rather, there was no way to test it. But I think Gorger just acted as a test and showed us how these things are handled.
    i.e. a buff gets placed on the automaton, and same for Overdrive.
    While that is certainly a possibility which is more likely? That a decade ago SE designed a buff that way that only now shows up on one monster or that Gorger is just really weird and possibly designed with pet strats in mind? I'm am somewhat hesitant over using a single data point over literally thousands of others unless it was something you could just see on screen. Also mind you back when this was designed you could lock buffs and locking maneuvers did work which was nice with the 1 minute durations and that didn't work for things like spur though theoretically could have been changed with the whole huge duration increase thing

Regardless getting a little off the original point being that regardless of what it actually is though Gorger has proven to be a serious anomaly and not really suitable for testing how game mechanics would work with other monsters in relation to said weirdness.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    While that is certainly a possibility which is more likely?
    I say it's more likely that they put undispellable, undetectabke buffs (which thanks to this got never seen before) on the pet, and that's the way they handle the stats bonus on the pet.
    Each maneuver gives stat+, can you think of an easier way to handle it, other than putting a buff with a related stat+ on the pet, called the same way as the maneuver who generated it?
    Likewise for Overdrive.

I honestly find this scenario MUCH more likely than the scenario of a Monster able to copy a buff present on a master who is out of range, only because its pet is within range. Makes much less sense to me honestly

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes. +pet stat

Campaign
    BG Level

But that's on equipment, which might be a good idea why they chose to go this other way for volatile buffs!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    But that's on equipment, which might be a good idea why they chose to go this other way for volatile buffs!
    What does it being on equipment have to do with anything? It's also on cor rolls. Attachments themselves are also changing buffs to just the auto. Avatars favor is also a player buff that effects avatars. Player traits, jps, merits etc.

Should also add basically every pet buff ja that isn't put on the player as well and isn't dispellable isn't in the status effects dats. Examples Familiar and Run wild. While this obviously doesn't directly correlate to maneuvers as they are definitely on the player it does suggest that there are methods of temporarily enhancing pets with jas that are not status effects

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wonder what would happen if you somehow managed go get into Omen while riding a mount, and Gorger copied the mounted status effect. Would he become unable to attack?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Avatar's Favor doesn't affect avatars at all (anymore, it used to lower their stats), it just reduces the bloodpact recast for the SMN. They don't get their own favor buff effect unfortunately

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder what would happen if you somehow managed go get into Omen while riding a mount, and Gorger copied the mounted status effect. Would he become unable to attack?
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.... what if you get costume effect!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Avatar's Favor doesn't affect avatars at all (anymore, it used to lower their stats), it just reduces the bloodpact recast for the SMN. They don't get their own favor buff effect unfortunately
    Used to is good enough for this argument. That said I did choose the word effect over buff for a reason. It does give them an aura. But like I think any aura effect the buff it gives doesn't apply to the person with the aura

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some people just want to watch the world burn.... what if you get costume effect!?!
    Costume is probably doable. I've got a two-tier Chocobo Beret that could work.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did anyone mention the next campaign?

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...45/detail.html
    Campaign period; Saturday, March 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Friday, March 31 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Increased Seal and Crest Drop Rate Campaign
    The rate at which seals and crests are dropped is increased based on the number of members in the party up to a maximum of six seals.

Campaign Festa
    Campaign will undergo the following adjustments throughout the event.
    - Experience and allied notes earned from evaluations will be doubled.
    - The amount of spoils obtained from treasure chests when participating in unions will be increased.

Furthermore, earn special rewards, including montiont silverpieces, 100-byne bills, Lungo-Nango jadeshells, and more from the following four Campaign Ops, in addition to their normal spoils.
    - Splitting Heirs
    - Cracking Shells
    - Plucking Wings
    - Fiat Lux

Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
    Engraving the following items with arcane glyptics will yield better results than before
    Ninza +2 / Leisilonu +2 / Iztaasu +2 / Crobaci +2 / Faizeer +2 / Iclamar +2 / Iizamal +2 / Qatsunoci +2 / Kannakiri+2 / Shichishito +2 / Aedold +2 / Lehbrailg +2 / Uffrat +2 / Bocluamni +2 / Hgafircian +2
    Cizin Helm +1 / Cizin Mail +1 / Cizin Mufflers +1 / Cizin Breeches +1 / Cizin Greaves +1 / Otronif Mask +1 / Otronif Harness +1 / Otronif Gloves +1 / Otronif Brais +1 / Otronif Boots +1 / Iuitl Headgear +1 / Iuitl Vest +1 / Iuitl Wristbands +1 / Iuitl Tights +1 / Iuitl Gaiters +1 / Gendewitha Caubeen *1 / Gendewitha Bliaut +1 / Gendewitha Gages +1 / Gendewitha Spats +1 / Gendewitha Galoshes +1 / Hagondes Hat +1 / Hagondes Coat +1 / Hagondes Cuffs +1 / Hagondes Pants +1 / Hagondes Sabot +1 / Beatific Shield +1

Wanted Dial Campaign
    A new dial, the Wanted Dial, will be added to the Gobbie Mystery Box. This fresh addition can be spun once per day to receive one of the treasure coffers that drops from Wanted battle content. Additionally, the odds of the special dial yielding equipment will be boosted for the duration.
    * Spinning the Wanted Dial does not cost any daily tally.
    * 45 days must have passed since character creation in order to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.

Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
    Skirmishes will undergo the following changes during the campaign.
    - Personal treasure coffer ranks will increase much faster.
    - The spawn rate of yecuexes will be increased in Alluvion Skirmishes.
    - The spawn rate of Balamor's Adumbration will be increased in Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
    - Vials of translurry will always be obtainable in Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
    - Vials of transmelange are more likely to be obtained in Skirmish – Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).
    - The spawn rate of heartwings will be increased in Skirmishes in Yorcia Weald (U) and Outer Ra'Kaznar (U).

Voidwatch Campaign
    All lights start at their maximum alignment values during the campaign.
    * The above does not apply to Beguiling Radiance / Seductive Radiance / Maddening Radiance / Crystal Guardian

Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign
    Enjoy an increased chance for your chocobo digging skill to increase each time your chocobo digs.

Combat and Magic Skill Increase campaign
    Combat skills will be more likely to increase while in combat for the duration. Additionally, magic skills will be more likely to increase when casting spells.

Microcosmic Orb Campaign
    Vanquishing certain monsters in the following battlefields will occasionally reward players with job cards and a variety of other items.
    Shemo in Port Jeuno (H-8) will also trade crests at a rate of two-to-one.

Microcosmic Orb 10 Sacred Kindred's Crests
    Horlais Peak ★Tails of Woe No level restrictions Thirty-minute time limit Six Person Party Helltail Harry / Cottontail
    Waughroon Shrine ★The Worm's Turn No level restrictions Thirty-minute time limit Six Person Party Flayer Franz /Flesh Eater
    Balga's Dais ★Steamed Sprouts No level restrictions Thirty-minute time limit Six Person Party Dvorovoi /Domovoi
    Qu'Bia Arena ★Factory Rejects No level restrictions Thirty-minute time limit Six Person Party Generic Doll
    Job cards could be interesting, depending how often they drop and the job selection.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watch it be totally random cards

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Why do they always start the campaigns several days into the month, then end them promptly at the end of the month? I know there have been exceptions, but why have dead time each month where there is nothing particularly going on?

Campaign
    BG Level

Watch it be totally random cards
    Watch it be 1% drop on VD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Tracker: Discussion

The way its worded makes me think that all NMs will drop something.

They listed the fodder and boss.

And lets be real, Micro fights are like ilvl115 on VD (maybe 119)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantormd View Post
    Why do they always start the campaigns several days into the month, then end them promptly at the end of the month? I know there have been exceptions, but why have dead time each month where there is nothing particularly going on?
    Because then they can market a week long campaign as a monthly campaign