Page 687 of 733 FirstFirst ... 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews24889.shtml

Updates

Mar. 25, 2017 17:14 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 27)

At the following time, we will be performing server replacement maintenance. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
    Mar. 27, 2017 17:00 to Mar. 28, 2017 0:00 (PDT)
    * Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI

Thats a pretty lengthy maintnance at a weird time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds like it just came up and had to be fixed soon. Can't remember an actual maintenance taking that long. Updates sure. Then again I can't remember them saying they were doing server replacements before either

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I didnt even notice til after I posted it said server replacement. Just looked like a normal update to me lol. But yea if they have done something like this I think its been quite a while.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews24889.shtml

Updates

Mar. 25, 2017 17:14 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

All Worlds Maintenance (Mar. 27)

At the following time, we will be performing server replacement maintenance. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
    Mar. 27, 2017 17:00 to Mar. 28, 2017 0:00 (PDT)
    * Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI

Thats a pretty lengthy maintnance at a weird time.
    I wonder......

There's a couple of things in that post that make me raise an eyebrow. 1. "World Transfer Service unavailable 30 minutes before maintenance" and 2. "Server replacement maintenance"

I'm wondering if there is going to be a few merged servers after this maintenance is completed? I'm also trying to recall if the "World Transfer Service" thing being unavailable is a standard procedure or not, because for whatever reason I keep thinking that it isn't always a standard practice. Of course though, please correct me if I am wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

World Transfer Service is always disabled 30 minutes before a maintenance, likely so that there's no risk of character corruption due to servers shutting down during data being copied.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I'm wondering if there is going to be a few merged servers after this maintenance is completed?
    That's something that would be loudly announced long before. It's probably them needing to replace some hardware and testing and getting that shit running again takes ages.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah and a lot of people have been complaining about random R0s lately so something problem done broke and hardware is almost always gunna take longer than software

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah and a lot of people have been complaining about random R0s lately so something problem done broke and hardware is almost always gunna take longer than software
    I did have those problems, I want to say, on Friday. All I did was reset my modem and I've had no issues since then.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh that was mentioned in the update notes. Granted it was a little vaguer saying the amount of dmg... but this doesn't really point to an amount either really lol
    It does specify Tier III spells, so it's highly likely that T1/T2's don't work. That's new info as far as I know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It does specify Tier III spells, so it's highly likely that T1/T2's don't work. That's new info as far as I know.
    Yes but not as much as you might think. It says easier to do with T3 now. This somewhat implies it was already possible to do with T3 and doesn't really preclude t1/2. We also have no idea what parameters they are using when trying to use a Tier with dmg so for all we know their idea of making it easy with T3 could be buff/debufless as a drk making it so T1s are quite possible or they could just mean you can do it outside of MBing and so non pimp players without enough buffs/debuffs might actually need T4. And then there is how well was this translated and the verbiage was added and means little to nothing.

Campaign
    BG Level

I know we've been "proccing" WoC randomly spamming T1 spells rotating all 6 elements. Procs were really rare, REALLY, but then again the jobs rotating/spamming T1 spells had nothing else to do, so why not trying even if the chances are low? That was oru way of thinking at least.

If the threshold here is a damage one though, and it was about T4-5 kind of threshold, then I have no bloody clue how a T1 could pass that threshold before this fix. Yet it happened, so well, huh?
    In my LS we thought it was not about damage, but about using the right element at the right time. Appearently it's somewhat related to damage instead, odd.

I'm having a hard time believing JP people on the JP forums aren't asking our very same questions right now, unless this strategy for WoC is already present on the JP wiki. Can anybody fluent with japanese check either the JP boards or the JP wiki? Nyarlko maybe?

I'd lean toward a cumulative damage angle, myself. Basically, they could slap a sort of stoneskin-like buff on it where each nuke deducts from its pool, and once empty the proc triggers. Any nuke tier could get there, but higher ones should do it more quickly. I'd say anyone that does the fight in the future should log all outgoing damage to see if we could possibly discern a pattern or minimum.

Then again, it could just be something dumb like the higher the nuke damage, the higher the probability of a trigger with no real memory of prior attacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could be even funner like nuke dmg within a short time period. Like say a time period as large as the cumulative magic dmg reduction is

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I know we've been "proccing" WoC randomly spamming T1 spells rotating all 6 elements. Procs were really rare, REALLY, but then again the jobs rotating/spamming T1 spells had nothing else to do, so why not trying even if the chances are low? That was oru way of thinking at least.

If the threshold here is a damage one though, and it was about T4-5 kind of threshold, then I have no bloody clue how a T1 could pass that threshold before this fix. Yet it happened, so well, huh?
    In my LS we thought it was not about damage, but about using the right element at the right time. Appearently it's somewhat related to damage instead, odd.

I'm having a hard time believing JP people on the JP forums aren't asking our very same questions right now, unless this strategy for WoC is already present on the JP wiki. Can anybody fluent with japanese check either the JP boards or the JP wiki? Nyarlko maybe?
    If the damage threshold were cumulative, then spamming T1s could eventually break it and allow for procs. My understanding of SE-ese is that it should be possible now for a group-buffed BLM to crack the threshold with a single T3. I'm betting it's something like "breaking the threshold unlocks the ability to proc, but proc chance is not 100%". I am curious as to whether or not elemental ws count at all towards these procs, or if it's only "Elemental Magic" that get counted...

My understanding of written Japanese is middling at best, my kanji is pathetic, and I still have to rely on GTrans for base understanding (and then look at the original text to try to narrow down any obvious machine errors.) My spoken understanding is more passable and can handle general stuff like getting main points for the Freshly Picked broadcasts. I still throw up the Kincard flag myself if there is anything that I feel is important but can't pinpoint the details.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New JPside devpost.
    Sounds like we'll be able to buy more than 12x analysis crystals at a time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

April update notes are up.

Ambuscade armor upgrade:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    Spoils you can look forward to include new materials to reforge existing equipment to stronger versions. These materials are not exclusive to this month’s Ambuscade rotation, so there’s no need for those of you who might not have as much time to dedicate this month to rush.
    Sounds to me like we're getting +2 versions, not just augs for +1s. They are adding something to storage moogle, which could be a cosmetic/event but I'm betting it includes the newly upgraded Ambuscade armor.

Normal monthly stuff +:
    ・Decrease the amount of merit points required for exchanging trigger items needed for certain Battlefields < HTBs or Master Trials? I'm betting on Trials.
    ・Add new recipes (Synergy).. Probably another worthless cosmetic +1, but hey I can hope for actual changes. >.>

That's 'bout it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Synergy could be the reforged Ambuscade gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Synergy could be the reforged Ambuscade gear.
    Kind of doubtful. Since SE mostly abandoned it a few years ago I think the only things they've added to it are the cosmetics, ammo, jugs and more like QoL stuff like reusing older content stuff like recursing abj gear or combining gorgets/belts (and yeah new torques too). Don't think they've actually used it to improve armor sets since tatters and evoliths if you can call the later improving

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So bunch of new dev posts

First is just jp version of the update preview. Though one thing to note is they specify in it making nq into hq and using same material to make hq stronger.

Seems like devs are finally responding to the auto no ws bug... by deleting the posts about it.

Another makes it sound like the item will be from all 3 reward categories. Also looks like you will be able to trade all the material at once.

Update some info on cursna. 26% at 500 skill 30% at 600 43% at 1000 lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm still awaiting my twice-promised updates to synergy. ><;;
    Got a devpost last year telling me they were working on updates for it, then they reconfirmed it during the AMA several months later... Still have yet to see any movement on this. T_T Doesn't help matters much that they refused to even hint at what type of adjustments/upgrades they were planning, so I don't even know if I'm anticipating better workflow, new recipes, higher skill cap, etc...

Since the PUP post was deleted, there's not way to tell now, but looks like it gave instructions on how to do something the devs don't want people doing (like forcing a glitch, which they may interpret as an exploit.) Devpost in that thread states that Aspir has a very high priority currently, that they are looking at lowering the priority, and that any adjustment might take a while since it impacts every automaton.

Someone else mathed out Cursna and said that it works out to: Healing Skill +1 = Cursna +0.0333%...

The new upgrades for Ambuscade armor will be processed by the same npc, so look forward to even more congestion! :D At least they said we can trade more than one item at a time for this process... Which makes me think that we are indeed getting a single upgrade step from the HQs.. If there was any actual choice involved, I'd figure they'd stick to their past stance regarding Ambuscade upgrades and force us to do one at a time to prevent "mistakes".