BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 688 of 733 FirstFirst ... 638 678 686 687 688 689 690 698 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oh the pup thing is something I previously reported on. Was a series of posts from a jp whose bug report had been ignored and even in their the devs said they couldn't repeat it so he made a youtube video showing and explaining it. The gist of it is if you can force it so your automaton wouldn't ws and from my personal tested it also stopped it from using ranged attacks possible other stuff but still meleed. Seems they didn't actually see the possible use for this as one of the biggest complaints of pup tanks is you can't stop the auto from wsing and ruining skillchains

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Base = 10 + skill/30 fits the Cursna data perfectly

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New JPside devposts:

Link: Throwing up the Kincard signal on this one. ^^;; GT spat out a verbal trainwreck, but I'm pretty sure the first part has to do w/ how Trusts function in Omen. The second part continues w/ further details, and then says that they know that some Trusts' SC properties are not correct and they are working on that, most likely in May. I can't figure out the specifics on the Trust+Omen stuff, so definitely need a fluent translator to go over it.

Link2: Chocobo Digging in Zhaoyolm is not allowed due to chocobo beaks not being hard enough to break thru the rock. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it's a trainwreck but I think it might be referring to how stupid omen is in regards to non players and objectives at least when it comes to trust because fuck pets still that's why. Based on what I've observed and what I could make of that it might be referring to the inconsistent nature of trusts counting towards objectives. Like just the other day I had several trusts ws several times each but for some reason only one of my trusts ws ever counted. I've had times where ending a sc with a trust starting worked but sometimes not and don't think I've ever had the reverse work. Healing is really weird because it seems to depend on both who casts and the target

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

Link2: Chocobo Digging in Zhaoyolm is not allowed due to chocobo beaks not being hard enough to break thru the rock. XD
    And yet they allow it in Morimar, which has basically the same geology.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    And yet they allow it in Morimar, which has basically the same geology.
    Shhh Don't tell them they'll take that away too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

JPside Devpost: Update on adjustments/changes to JobPoints/Merits? > Still no changes planned.
    -_-;;

insert another post about real life and me being lazy here

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    insert another post about real life and me being lazy here
    Welcome back. ^^

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New JPdevposts, need better trans for more precise details than I can provide:
    This one discusses action lock and why they have no intention of removing it...
    This one is talking about Addle, Saboteur and "enchances enfeebling effect +x". Sabo & enchances+ both affect Addle (duration AND potency.) Also, "Enhances Enfeebling+x" = Potency +x%

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The login campaign stuff is not coming all at one time, it'll be spread out since we wouldn't have enough points to get everything otherwise.
    ... -_-;; Liars. Login Campaign info just went up and there is a mountain of stuff this month... Also, oddly enough, the hexed/cursed bodies are still listed for 1500pts.. Possibly another website posting copy/paste error? Same things seem to be listed on the JP-side frontpage, so hard to tell. :/

Also, we have another "Server Replacement" maintenance incoming in a couple days, scheduled for 1.5hrs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also a new one talking about petrify which if I'm reading it right suggests all petrifies are broken with dmg but different sources require different amounts

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If that applies to players being petrified it must take a ridiculous amount of dmg to break it.... I remember crap in old dynamis like eating 900 dmg crits while petrified and still being petrified..

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    If that applies to players being petrified it must take a ridiculous amount of dmg to break it.... I remember crap in old dynamis like eating 900 dmg crits while petrified and still being petrified..
    They say it's similar to Stoneskin. And yeah... the player example they gave was BLU's "Entomb" which has a break-limit of 1dmg. -_-;; Monster versions are indeed a bit stronger than what we can do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems a lot of jps been complaining about congestion of ambuscade especially in farming for KIs. Particularly how given the nature how you have to go back each time people gravitate to places they can warp to very quickly and without abyssea counting usually means only 1-2 spots. Looks like they may adjust the number you have to kill

Or they could just revise the KI to stack like 10 times. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It looks like they are taking the KI farming time into account when looking at congestion issues, so don't want to make it too easy to get KIs and will not be doing a uniform reduction in the number of kills needed per Ambuscade KI. (I still personally believe that aby mobs aren't able to count due to technical issues related to the separate exp gain system in there.)

They specified 'beastmen for V1' for the possible reduction in the number of kills per KI due to the lack of targets. (Which makes absolute wonderful sense after the nightmare of Lamia month. ~_~) Personally, I think it would be fine as-is w/ 10x kills per KI, IF they added a secondary mob. Poroggo worked only because "or frogs" was included.. If they did the same thing for the other beastmen, (ex: Yagudo and/or birds,) wouldn't that work better? I'm just reading "fewer kills per KI" as "hurry-up-and-wait faster".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If they just stopped making intense have 5+ mobs that agro before you can take actions on them + dum hate mechanics you'd see more low man groups doing intense and by extension less spamming/congestion. Sincerely every pup tank ever

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That seems like it would make congestion worse as you still see a lot of people refusing to group and repeatedly consume an instance solo (just at a lower difficulty.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How is that different than just refusing to join up and do VD normal? Anyways wasn't saying make it soloable just not require a super tank or at least make it so it doesn't exclude one of the main 3 current tanking jobs. Like frog worked pretty good (though the grav abuse was kind of a problem) and even lamia to an extent. Could've done like they did normal this month where you have a bunch of mobs but only have to fight one at a time... but if you don't kill fast enough others join in and wreck you