BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 689 of 733 FirstFirst ... 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can't use PUP as a DD instead of a tank for Intense?

Said it long ago, but they should've just cloned the zones and have party version in Mhaura, solo in Selbina. Alas, true instancing decides to elude them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Close, but that actually wouldn't address the bottleneck. FFXI's instances ("layered zones," like Ambuscade) are handled by a separate server that's constant for the world server. Splitting the event and putting half in Selbina and half in Mhuara wouldn't have a notable impact on that server's congestion.

A solution would just be to build more capacity into the server and address whatever the bottleneck is. However, that solution is so obvious that if SE was willing to do it, it would have been done a while ago.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It seems what's being discussed by SE devs is about the congestion on V1 KI farming, not on ambuscade as a whole. V1 farming is more problematic then V2 because we have to hunt mobs from a single beastmen family instead of a full range of different mobs (for example, for "lizards" we could kill lizards, efts, peistes, raptors, matamatas, etc). There are much less viable camps, usually one or 2 at most, and even then each one usually supports only a party at a time. If we flood V1 with people, it'll be impossible to do it consistently.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Intense Ambuscade soloers suck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They should just put a Survival Guide in Mhaura (why havent they yet?) and then change level sync to be set to any level not just a level one party member is. Then there would be many more camps for KI farming.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by digoserra View Post
    It seems what's being discussed by SE devs is about the congestion on V1 KI farming, not on ambuscade as a whole. V1 farming is more problematic then V2 because we have to hunt mobs from a single beastmen family instead of a full range of different mobs (for example, for "lizards" we could kill lizards, efts, peistes, raptors, matamatas, etc). There are much less viable camps, usually one or 2 at most, and even then each one usually supports only a party at a time. If we flood V1 with people, it'll be impossible to do it consistently.
    The way that I interpreted what they said is that they are taking into account the time spent farming KIs when looking at congestion in the Ambuscade queue as a whole. As is, they know that every group will be out of the queue for V2 for 3-5min every run. They are counting on that time to help keep the queue under control, which is why they have no plans to adjust V2 KI farming reqs. They admitted that beastmen have fewer spawn points (and are likely taking the longer respawn times into consideration) so they are looking into lowering the V1 KI farming reqs. I imagine that it hit home when they did Lamia since there are so amazingly few locations and spawn points in the whole game. It's not really fun for V1 to take 15min per run (excluding queue times) if you are unlucky and show up right after another group has cleared everything out and you have to wait for repops. ><;;

Campaign
    BG Level

While Farming KI for Vol1 is a pain (the worst has been Lamiae, imho) if you make farming KI easier, that will actually result in making Queues worse, I'm afraid =/

They should discourage soloers even more, but I'm not sure how they could achieve that honestly =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We have 1 "mom" on our server who solos #2 N all day up and down <.<

Some days I wonder how many hours of congestion she brought to all of us on Bahamut total.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    You can't use PUP as a DD instead of a tank for Intense?
    It's a really really bad dd unless you overdriving lol. Pretty sure my pld can outdo it if buffed

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It's a really really bad dd unless you overdriving lol. Pretty sure my pld can outdo it if buffed
    D intense isn't exactly super restrictive on DPS this month, so I'm pretty sure you could still do it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

D intense isn't exactly super restrictive on DPS this month, so I'm pretty sure you could still do it.
    I'm sure I could. Could probably whm dd too but could I get people to let me? Could I get them to let all my characters in as horrible dds? Because if I can only single box into a party in I'm losing points and probably having longer fights to switch to D intense. Why wouldn't I just use a better DD... like basically any DD hell even my run would destroy pup dps. Why is the answer for a tank to DD and get another job to tank instead of like I suggested doing the intenses that had harder/more annoying mobs but didn't pop 10 of them?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    They should discourage soloers even more, but I'm not sure how they could achieve that honestly =/
    Lower the time limit allowed in the zone. Instead of 30 minutes, give them 15.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm sure I could. Could probably whm dd too but could I get people to let me? Could I get them to let all my characters in as horrible dds? Because if I can only single box into a party in I'm losing points and probably having longer fights to switch to D intense. Why wouldn't I just use a better DD... like basically any DD hell even my run would destroy pup dps. Why is the answer for a tank to DD and get another job to tank instead of like I suggested doing the intenses that had harder/more annoying mobs but didn't pop 10 of them?
    Because that's restricting what they can put in fights just so a single job isn't excluded? Also, I'm not sure you would be losing points; D Intense with a 6 man party is 1200 total points at ~3-4 minutes per fight, while VD Regular when trio-boxing is 360x3=1080 total points at ? minutes per fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because that's restricting what they can put in fights just so a single job isn't excluded? Also, I'm not sure you would be losing points; D Intense with a 6 man party is 1200 total points at ~3-4 minutes per fight, while VD Regular when trio-boxing is 360x3=1080 total points at ? minutes per fight.
    I wasn't saying only do that but do it more often then 2/12. Not doing it is just as much of a restriction as doing it only.... Also it wasn't really just for 1 job though that was the most obvious example. Low man groups in general are going to have harder times with a larger groups even if the overall difficulty is similar. The whole hate system is kind of retarded to begin with anyways and the extra bodies just exacerbate it

VD regular is about 2-5 minutes depending on setups, luck and such with no one else. Total points sure if you assume I don't get people to come in with me on VD regular.... but if that's the case also cutting out getting a group together time and making things more convenient/speedy by doing it on my time table which comes in handy when having to do other things or not dealing with shitty players. Hallmarks going to be higher either way though. Also going in solo loses on items past a cap on one character

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Lower the time limit allowed in the zone. Instead of 30 minutes, give them 15.
    Fuck it make it 10. If you spending more than that in zone you should be doing a lower difficulty

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

While Farming KI for Vol1 is a pain (the worst has been Lamiae, imho) if you make farming KI easier, that will actually result in making Queues worse, I'm afraid =/

Locking half of monthly metals for upgrades behind Gallantry isn't enough? ><;;

Campaign
    BG Level

More than half, and there's also dyes.
    You'd think that should be enough but judging from the number of soloers it's nowhere enough.

Nynja's idea is cool, I like it but I'm afraid it might be too harsh and badly received by the community.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm afraid it might be too harsh and badly received by the community.
    SE: "Fuck yo couch"

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

More than half, and there's also dyes.
    You'd think that should be enough but judging from the number of soloers it's nowhere enough.
    It's exactly 1/2. 5x from hallmarks + 5x from total hm + 10x from gallantry (at 1k gal a pop)... I'm honestly shocked that there hasn't been a shitstorm started on OF from the soloers about this yet. XD

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    SE: "Fuck yo couch"
    Yes, indeed... Seems to be the theme for the new devposts too. >_>;;

First one is in response to bitching about highend NMs being too dark resistant, to which SE replied that they tested/confirmed that meva/macc numbers are what they intended after the March update, then with basically a big "hell no we're not changing anything, we know it's balanced, L2P" >.>;; And then pointed out that Omen bosses are naturally very dark resistant due to family, which they have absolutely zero plans to change... Don't think I'm exaggerating much btw.. Felt like a more forceful reply than usual.

The other one responded to someone worried that lowering the kills req'd for V1 would make it too unbalanced timewise compared to V2, and clarified what they are taking into consideration for the previously mentioned "Lower the number of kills for Ambuscade V1 KI" thing, which is that due to the low/limited number of spawns for beastmen, it's causing congestion in the field when farming KIs. Since this is the second mention and further explanation, I'm pretty sure we can expect this in the May/June update. Sounds to me like the devs would prefer it if we were waiting in queue in Mhaura rather than out in the field waiting on repops.

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody knows if there's a JP post about people whining that Gallantry value for Intense VD seems off?
    On both Regular and Intense on ALL difficulties Gallantry is ALWAYS half the amount of Hallmarks (with 6 players, of course).
    That is... except Intense VD. It's the only exception and I really wonder if it's meant to be or a mistake SE didn't notice.

If it's meant to be I'd love to know what are the reasons behind such a peculiar choice.