Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 691 of 733 FirstFirst ... 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 701 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am also on Shiva. I havent realyl done much ambuscade the last couple months but I usually was doin them anywhere from 12 am and on eastern. It's generally pretty fast waits but when it gets to JP time ive seen as high as 45 min wait times.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Is the Ambuscade congestion a serious problem on more populated servers? Quetz is fairly dead by comparison to Asura and I don't think I've had to wait anymore than 2-3 minutes for Ambuscade.
    Wait time on Asura averages ~20-30min to get in at the start of the month, every month, all day, every day for usually about 2 weeks.. ._.;;

I say that everyone should join me on the OF in the call for prices for gear/upgrade mats to be cut in half. Probably the best way to clear out the largest portion of congestion possible in one shot. I rather doubt that the dreaded soloers are in there farming V2VE for 25hm per run in order to buy currency, so making it easier to get the gear should clear out quite a few players from the queue sooner in the month each month.

Campaign
    BG Level

Is the Ambuscade congestion a serious problem on more populated servers? Quetz is fairly dead by comparison to Asura and I don't think I've had to wait anymore than 2-3 minutes for Ambuscade.
    I think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.
    Yes, during peak times and during the first 3 days it can go as high as 30+ minutes of wait, but you could just be doing other things and start doing ambuscade one week after release instead of demanding to be done within 2 days from release and then whine about the huge queue times?

It's what I've been doing on Asura and honestly I've never had any issues farming 30k+ points every months in one-two days doing VD

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think it is a larger problem for JPs than NAs. I've never had more than a 5 minute wait outside of JP primetime, but I can see how JP primetime players would be frustrated by it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I think it is a larger problem for JPs than NAs. I've never had more than a 5 minute wait outside of JP primetime, but I can see how JP primetime players would be frustrated by it.
    No, at least on Asura it's a problem (during the first days) in pretty much any hour, be it US, EU or JP.
    Maybe it's the worst around JP midnight, but I reached 30+ minutes wait even far from that, trying to do Ambu during the first days.

Last time I checked we had over 9 people doing solo instances using close to the full allowed time and making the queues worse for the rest of the server.
    JPs were whining about it as well, which is something rare, you rarely see them start rants in yell, at least on Asura.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Asura is like 3 other servers combined, though. Lakshmi right now (peak JP primetime) has 620 people on. If you guys are still sharing your layered zone lobby server with other worlds, I can imagine all of you would be screwed.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Asura is anywhere from 10-25 pages, call it 1.5minutes per page, or so. its annoying.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gotcha, Quetz averages around 350 in NA prime time. Sounds like Asura's higher population has it's positives and negatives.

Downside of implying people just wait a week or two to grind is that you're not really going to have any guarantee you'll consistently find people of the right jobs with the player pool effectively thinned. Pragmatically, it's not much different than playing at off-peak times on the smaller servers, but it's still a situation that can result in not getting what you want out of the event or spending way more time LFG than you'd like.

SE's insistence on sticking with the system is just something I can't wrap my head around since they apparently don't want to take the steps to make it work. Trying to distract people elsewhere with campaigns is pointless as long as its a unique source of loot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's also the fact that a decent portion of the time that first week or so is during lulls in campaigns. So doing it later is like giving up on campaigns. Really they just need to rethink the points. Making the metals cost more gallantry than hallmarks and making half them come from there when gallantry even under perfect conditions takes ~twice as long to farm was just ridiculous. Effectively at least doubled the amount of farming needed. And heaven forbid you are that guy that just duo or trios with a friend or 2. Then your farming increased even more... and no the fact you got more hallmarks to buy sellables doesn't make up for it

Gotcha, Quetz averages around 350 in NA prime time. Sounds like Asura's higher population has it's positives and negatives.
    Right now Quetz has over 1400 people on.

A simple fix would be to just say "fuck it" and allow alliances to do runs, but cap points at 6 man group quantities.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is Last Stand still just a singular zone with five arenas, or did they 'layer' it for instancing like Salvage? If it's not the latter, I don't understand why they don't just do ye olde school trick of just making multiple dupes of the zone within the zone to allow more encounters at once.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    Right now Quetz has over 1400 people on.

A simple fix would be to just say "fuck it" and allow alliances to do runs, but cap points at 6 man group quantities.
    Uhhh, you sure you're on Quetz? I doubt 1200 people have logged off since you posted that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another fix would to just not do something like increase demand while also increasing the amount of farming needed at the same time. Seriously those metal gallantry is cray cray. Also holy hell under 300 people!?!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm not going to take such a huge picture, but Lakshmi is at 273 people right now. There's probably <100 actually playing.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Sylph under 300 during NA prime time as well, and I can't imagine more than 1/4 of those are actively playing. Multiboxes have to make up a decent chunk of the population as well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Haven't played for a while, but why can't they just make Ambuscade party only for like a week or two every month, and then open it up after that? Or is that too much work/not possible?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sometimes near the end of the ambuscade period there is a mad rush also. I'm usually in this group as im a procrastinator.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shiva was at around 300 back at 5 pm pst. But by 6 and since then it's been around 430-450

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Haven't played for a while, but why can't they just make Ambuscade party only for like a week or two every month, and then open it up after that? Or is that too much work/not possible?
    Given it's kind of pitched as new guy stuff (hell it's in the basics of the roe tutorial before even the earliest of soa stuff) and a slowly build up even when you can't get pts there would be kind of a big backlash. Alot of people returning find themselves kind of unwanted except by a few other returning friends and such. Also traditional speaking minimum member number limitations were a lot more often 3 than full pt... that said putting it to 3 would probably do a fair amount of good and hated. Also it would probably be too much work for it to change during the month. Would basically double their updates lol

Campaign
    BG Level

Sounds like Asura's higher population has it's positives and negatives.
    Absolutely.
    People like Nynja have been pointing that out for the longest time.

Like I said in the past though, the bigger queues for Ambu is not really THAT much of a problem as some people want to make it look like.
    Unless you absolutely want to be done with Ambu within the first 3 days patch comes out, it's really no big deal. Just wait 1-2 weeks before you start doing ambu, and queues will be super fine.