Closed Thread
Page 693 of 733 FirstFirst ... 643 683 691 692 693 694 695 703 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    That would be nice sure, but it's already easy to cap attack. Rdm has bigger problems:
    With a geo sure... but the point of having a better dia is to allow rdm to replace geo in physical dmg setups... frailty and otherwise difficulty in pdif capping is what ensures geo in non mage setups

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    ... The ease of communication and getting answers on JPside is the one thing about this game that has always bothered me. ;;
    Yeah I mean they even have a thread titled something like devs teach me that is basically an ongoing q&a with the devs meanwhile everything NA side gets ignored

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah I mean they even have a thread titled something like devs teach me that is basically an ongoing q&a with the devs meanwhile everything NA side gets ignored
    Where do you think most of my posts are originating from? XD I do get the impression that the reason for the recent near silence on our side is currently due in large part to the position vacated by Camate being unfilled at the moment. I know that it wasn't equal treatment before now, and truthfully never has been, but we were at least getting a lot more translated dev posts than we are now. Everyone is welcome to post in support on my thread asking for a sticky w/ translated devposts so that even if we can't ask questions easily, we can still at least get the same answers that JPside is getting. ^^

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

With a geo sure... but the point of having a better dia is to allow rdm to replace geo in physical dmg setups... frailty and otherwise difficulty in pdif capping is what ensures geo in non mage setups
    So rdm would become useful in a melee setup where you have a brd (since rdm can't cap haste), but not a geo, or a blu/drg/anyone that can land a defense down ws. Doesn't sound like a great fix to me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Two new JPside devposts which respond to a bunch of different suggestions regarding Ambuscade.

1)
    • Explanation of why Seals are "double points" rather than a fixed value.
    • Reassurance that they are not relying solely on Freshly Picked for player feedback.
    • Repeating that the technical issues around layering are in fact real and can't be avoided, ignored, or bypassed.

2)
    • (Little fuzzy on this one) I think that it's being suggested that they give out a free month and use that time to test things out. The reply actually sounds interested once they work out the kinks of doing it outside of January. O_o Needs confirmation
    • Player comment that adding a new entrance NPC could actually make congestion worse, and possible that expanding into other zones could kill their native content. Reply about server loads and expanding Ambuscade into other zones being looked at very carefully. Fuzzy on the reply, need confirmation
    • Suggestion to stop updates on current Ambuscade and add a new version using Limbus. Reply is that rather than changing it that much, they'd abolish Ambuscade and rebuild it as new content. Also, that Limbus is a single non-layered zone which would greatly increase congestion if they did this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I cannot understand why, more than a year after release and probably at the minimum popularity over that time, Ambuscade congestion has become such a burning hot issue.

Dunno, seems like typical turnaround for SE on matters that concern players, but don't immediately benefit them in an unintended manner. Assuming they even bother to acknowledge such. That said, abolishing the current system is probably the wisest path if they can't get around various infrastructure issues.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I cannot understand why, more than a year after release and probably at the minimum popularity over that time, Ambuscade congestion has become such a burning hot issue.
    It's because they added the metal upgrades, because it's potentially easier/faster to farm RME currencies thru Ambuscade than their native sources, etc. All sorts of reasons why people are hot'n'bothered about it right now. XD I think it's mostly the fact that they actually increased our grind quota by 33% in order to get all metals per month and gamers, by nature, gravitate towards efficiency and it's not efficient to have long wait times between kills.

I've suggested on OF that they cut the prices for armor/metals by half in order to cut down the number of runs required, which should clear out a large portion of the queue. It looks like they are going with doubling points by increasing the number of seals we get instead. No word on how or how many we'll be getting, but I'm betting on a daily ROE that grants one somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Dunno, seems like typical turnaround for SE on matters that concern players, but don't immediately benefit them in an unintended manner. Assuming they even bother to acknowledge such. That said, abolishing the current system is probably the wisest path if they can't get around various infrastructure issues.
    I got the feeling it was a slightly sarcastic reply and not a serious option. It was also pointed out that the suggested alternative would be absolutely worse as there would only be one group allowed in at a time compared to the ~10 we get now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ambuscade congestion has become such a burning hot issue.
    I think it's mostly Asura that suffers from this as the packed server it is. I'm on Bahamut supposedly 3rd most populated server and the waiting times never really go out of hand. Just don't do Ambu during a Saturday right after a Maint during JP time.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks like Taru AA Trust will be in the May update. I don't think they've announced any special campaigns yet for the anniversary which seems odd considering how close it is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Where do you think most of my posts are originating from? XD I do get the impression that the reason for the recent near silence on our side is currently due in large part to the position vacated by Camate being unfilled at the moment. I know that it wasn't equal treatment before now, and truthfully never has been, but we were at least getting a lot more translated dev posts than we are now. Everyone is welcome to post in support on my thread asking for a sticky w/ translated devposts so that even if we can't ask questions easily, we can still at least get the same answers that JPside is getting. ^^
    I'm sure that is part of it, however they are in charge of going through both 11 and 14s forums and writing up summaries of the questions to submit to the appropiate devs.

At that point its whenever/if devs will respond to submitted questions. When they do finally get a response from on high they choose the most relevant thread and post it.

If there is silence its most likely bottlenecked at the devs.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So rdm would become useful in a melee setup where you have a brd (since rdm can't cap haste), but not a geo, or a blu/drg/anyone that can land a defense down ws. Doesn't sound like a great fix to me.
    Not really sure what you are getting at. That geo isn't capping haste without brd either... and the others... um they stack and are good to stack together. Wasn't trying to say rdm would be wanted more but that it would be an acceptable replacement in melee setups instead of being mostly superfluous

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last couple of months with no new armor have certainly been fairly unpopular but this month has been fair from minimum on my server. I'd say about to slightly above average but no where near those first couple of months. Or the times everyone spammed frog for really easy fast points

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It was a burning hot issue to players a year ago, but SE ignored it since none were quitting the game or event due to congestion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Two new JPside devposts which respond to a bunch of different suggestions regarding Ambuscade.

1)
    • Explanation of why Seals are "double points" rather than a fixed value.
    • Reassurance that they are not relying solely on Freshly Picked for player feedback.
    • Repeating that the technical issues around layering are in fact real and can't be avoided, ignored, or bypassed.

2)
    • (Little fuzzy on this one) I think that it's being suggested that they give out a free month and use that time to test things out. The reply actually sounds interested once they work out the kinks of doing it outside of January. O_o Needs confirmation
    • Player comment that adding a new entrance NPC could actually make congestion worse, and possible that expanding into other zones could kill their native content. Reply about server loads and expanding Ambuscade into other zones being looked at very carefully. Fuzzy on the reply, need confirmation
    • Suggestion to stop updates on current Ambuscade and add a new version using Limbus. Reply is that rather than changing it that much, they'd abolish Ambuscade and rebuild it as new content. Also, that Limbus is a single non-layered zone which would greatly increase congestion if they did this.
    I got your confirmations right here buddy

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I got your confirmations right here buddy
    XD Yeah, that's my thread lol

The ironic part is that thread was actually asking for a JPdevpost translation sticky, and was using the devpost about Ambuscade to prove the point that we are getting entirely neglected in the discussion about dev decisions, then everyone derailed it into a standard bitch-about-Ambuscade thread. orz

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Not really sure what you are getting at. That geo isn't capping haste without brd either...
    Wat? Geo/indi haste + haste 1 is over the cap, without even dunna.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wat? Geo/indi haste + haste 1 is over the cap, without even dunna.
    For some reason I was thinking it was a lot lower. Maybe old values or something? Disregard then. Nerf geo

Campaign
    BG Level

Haste values for Indihaste never got buffed. You might be getting confused about the time when Indi-Haste didn't exist, GEO was tipically disregarded back then.

Also about the Ambuscade seals, if they give us a quest that gives us a seal DAILY that would be pretty much like the daily dungeon bonus from FFXIV that many players were advocating in this thread.
    I think over time it might become a nice solution, making a lot of people change their playstyle towards doing only a couple of runs every day for mroe days, rather than trying to get all their ambuscade wins concentrated in 1-2 days.
    Won't directly affect hardcore gamers, but indirectly it will as queues should get slightly better.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see May has come job adjustments coming up did they mention what they were?