Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What is this curry bun incident!?! Seems like reasonable food since I usually see him on war
    Like a year ago, he used a Curry Bun for Ambuscade when everyone else knew he would need sushi, and proceeded to whiff like a truck for the demonstration and I think they wiped faster than they wanted to. When they asked him "WHY?! Why Curry Bun instead of sushi?!" he replied "Because they're delicious." XD He has yet to live it down and they are STILL making fun of him for it. lol

I find it awesome that they are close enough personally to make fun of each other like that. ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Goddamn Fujito. That man clearly has a lot of fun with these things

Also this months campaign already announced card

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

July Login campaign info isn't up yet That part was about login campaigns, so likely that Job Cards will be there at some point, but not sure if he meant this month or later on.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its gonna be for 2000 pts I bet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    July Login campaign info isn't up yet That part was about login campaigns, so likely that Job Cards will be there at some point, but not sure if he meant this month or later on.
    Oh I thought you meant the event campaigns not log in.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Apparently, when the GP item is Crumhorn, NQ and +1 are accepted, but +2 is not. They will look into it and decide whether or not to replace it with another item since it's a lot more difficult to adjust the system to accept +3, but changing items might make some people unhappy, so they may do nothing.

JP2 / JP3) Both in regards to the failed update issue that some are experiencing. They were planning to do an emergency update today, but it has been delayed til tomorrow. They suggest that if you can't wait for it, then reinstall the client. -_-;;
    As a less intense alternative, you can delete a random .dat, then check files, in order to force a full file check and repair. This does work, but is not recommended by the devs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New Dev posts:

NA1) August Login Campaign notice is up. All 4x pieces of salvage gear needed to upgrade are included, though I am still baffled at whatever they meant during the FP by saying they would be "Lv.73 things".

As a side note, it would cost 2150 login to buy the 4x pieces, plus 4000-5000 to buy all the plans, per +1 piece you want, for a total of 6150-7150 pts each. Hope everyone has lots of mules. XD

JP1) Weekly post wrapup. Nothing new. Better wording on the GP item thing. System is apparently hardcoded to accept a max of two variations, so adding +2s to accepted list is closer to "impossible" than "difficult".

JP2) Request for feedback, particularly on issues that prevent progress through missions.

JP3) Notice that after taking feedback during FP34, they will stick with their earlier announced plan for adding items for sale via vendors. They intend to add existing items at high prices to supplement the lack of player supply on some servers.

JP4) Request for feedback, follow-up for FP34, about what items we want to be in the login campaign.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Am I missing something. Why would anyone want the salvage pieces?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Movement speed +18% shoes?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

NA1) Another Emergency Maintenance: Jul. 9, 2017 22:00 to 23:30 (PDT)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

hmm the site claimed it was the normal Login update... still dont know why they dont jsut do the main update after login ends to save an update and downtime to the game. Theyve done it a few times in the past.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    hmm the site claimed it was the normal Login update... still dont know why they dont jsut do the main update after login ends to save an update and downtime to the game. Theyve done it a few times in the past.
    I stand corrected. Need to learn to not post right before going to bed. >_>;;; Think they're splitting login off from monthly due to the "11th" obsession they have.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ive never really understood what the purpose of the login update was in the first place. All the items are always added in the previous update. Event NPCs show up when events start without an update most the time. and its not like the login is goin right after the update. what exactly do they do for that update?

Yeah, I never understood why it couldn't activate at set time instead. Surely they can set Login NPCs to read variables like the data and time, then have them run separate routines for June and July. Unloading old routines and adding in new ones should be doable during regular monthly updates. Don't they do this already with Mog Bonanza and seasonal events?

Pretty sad, really.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New dev posts:

JP1) Long post to address complaints about the difficulty of the new Ygnas Directive quest. Basically says that it is intended for 119ilvl players, so don't expect to do it before then, then gives a couple examples for where to get 119 gear. (RoE and Ambuscade NQ) Original poster asked to be able to solo in sparks and reforges. lol

JP2) Someone who got stuck on a WOTG mission was told to file a bug report.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

New dev posts:

JP1) Long post to address complaints about the difficulty of the new Ygnas Directive quest. Basically says that it is intended for 119ilvl players, so don't expect to do it before then, then gives a couple examples for where to get 119 gear. (RoE and Ambuscade NQ) Original poster asked to be able to solo in sparks and reforges. lol
    This is the part I hate about XI's ilvl system, 119 has been out since delve 1.0, but yet not all 119 gear is made the same and yet they make a comment like that. Omen/Ambu+2/AF+3 should be 125+ atleast but they still haven't updated this system at all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    This is the part I hate about XI's ilvl system, 119 has been out since delve 1.0, but yet not all 119 gear is made the same and yet they make a comment like that. Omen/Ambu+2/AF+3 should be 125+ atleast but they still haven't updated this system at all.
    The point was that they do not intend for players in less-than-119 gear to be able to complete that content. Not 100% sure, but the OP may have been talking about 109 reforges as well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

...huh? The new Directive quest doesn't even have any battling in it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

The point was that they do not intend for players in less-than-119 gear to be able to complete that content. Not 100% sure, but the OP may have been talking about 109 reforges as well.
    Yeah that probably is the case if they are a returning player catching up, still horrible excuse for an ilvl system regardless imo. If i was that guy I would have took a SS of the character wearing delve 1.0/2.0 to just troll the devs and say "I have 119 gear and yet i still can't do it"

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    ...huh? The new Directive quest doesn't even have any battling in it.
    Looking at it again, I may have misassigned it to Ygnas Directive. ^^;; They may be talking about the final ROV mission battle. I think I didn't inspect the kanji involved in the quest/mission name, and the OP did not specify that what it was regarding, so did a Gtrans > english goof due to the assumption that it was regarding new content. {Please forgive me.}