BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 708 of 733 FirstFirst ... 658 698 706 707 708 709 710 718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Many would disagree.
    Granted, it is my personal opinion, so yes, I wouldn't want to rule out that possibility.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wonder if this coffee shop is even real or if it's all a spoof?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I wonder if this coffee shop is even real or if it's all a spoof?
    It's a spoof. There is nowhere in the world where you can cuddle with a real life malboro. XD
    In itty-bitty print at the bottom of the JP cafe page we see:

※ This site is a parody site created in commemoration of 15th anniversary of "FINAL FANTASY XI".

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly post wrap-up. Only new thing is their summary for their Boost reply, which seems to say that the damage increase to WS is dependant on how long you wait. O.o Has anyone bothered testing this particular idea? Or has everyone been popping WS ASAP in their testing?

JP2) Sounds like there might be a Boost bug w/ TP gain from non-H2H WS gaining more TP than expected. Poster was actually asking for H2H to get the same bonus, devs took it as a bug report and said they will fix the excess TP gain from other weapons...

JP3) Probably won't be Sept update, but they will be swapping the tokens/tickets around soon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

R.I.P MNK

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OK. Boost works on WS. Getting ~2x damage from Dragon Kick by waiting until the Boost buff is about to expire.
    Using zero haste (stripped gear for activation) to get a 18-19sec duration, waiting until only 1-2 sec remained gave roughly the same damage as doing the same w/ a fully hasted 7sec duration. Entirely possible that it's not doubling dmg since my wearable MNK gear is definitely not the best. Dragon Kick goes from ~4500 > 8200 by waiting as long as I can, and still no noticeable change when WS'ing right away.

Seems annoying to use, and super annoying that the devs didn't simply explain this in the patch notes. Zero damage buffs other than Boost involved, just tons of haste to make the process faster...

EDIT1) Trying w/ NIN/MNK to see how low I can get the duration. Seeing a solid dmg damage increase on 3kTP Blade:Ten + Boost (as long as I wait til Boost nearly expires.)
    No Boost = 8598, 9168, 7821
    W/ Boost = 12451, 10892, 11846

Unable to get the starting displayed duration to drop below 7sec using 2x Delay:227 katanas, even w/ overcapped gear haste (+32%), overcapped magic haste (Indi-Haste+Marchx2+Haste2) & overcapped DW (DW+13 from gear).

I believe the duration minimum simply works out to: .8*(delay).
    .2 is the minimum delay possible, so it would be .2(delay) + 3(.2(delay))

That would give my 2x katanas a minimum Boost duration of 6.0533333, so the display would start @ 7sec and immediately tick down, which is what I'm seeing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah this is going to go over well....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I assume these were capped pdif tests. What weapon were you using and approximate str?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I assume these were capped pdif tests. What weapon were you using and approximate str?
    Almost certainly uncapped pdif. Mandys in Yahse, so I could easily build TP on the snails. I'm not trying to pinpoint the damage formula or precise numbers/values, only show that there IS a significant difference and that Boost is working w/ WS. I don't understand the mechanics behind H2H well enough to pretend otherwise. ^^;;; I will leave the proper testing to those who know how to do so properly and have the gear to do so.

Calved Claws & 215STR total, though I doubt it will help due to my targets. My results are also going to be rather imprecise since I'm using the stock buff timers which disappear @ 5sec remaining, so I was counting in my head to try to get as close to 1sec as possible. The successful ones were all recorded at a 6sec difference in the chat log, but that could be 6.01 <> 6.99.

I ran into something odd tho.. I think there may be a tiny gap between when Boost expires and when the auto-attack kicks in, and if you WS during that gap, the WS does not receive the buff, nor does the auto attack that follows that WS. And it felt like the buff actually wore off a fraction of a sec early to account for that gap.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I tried it twice naked+weapon as MNK/SAM and got roughly the same damage increase to Dragon Kick by counting to 16.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe if I take a screenshot of me tossing my MNK R/E/M/A cropped against a background shot of my hairy ass taking a shit while lighting my testicles on fire SE might consider this to be a bad thing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well with pdif being unknown hard to do exact math but almost seems like it's the same boost that you get to melee hits added on after ftp similar to other stat mods but the non str portion is variable based on time with some caps

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well with pdif being unknown hard to do exact math but almost seems like it's the same boost that you get to melee hits added on after ftp similar to other stat mods but the non str portion is variable based on time with some caps
    I think the big question is "Even though it works, is it worth using?" Need a MNK-main to test it out I think. Can't rule out MNK level affecting bonus yet, but good chance that even /MNK gives full effect since it's not noted like the other JAs as being affected by level and the actual damage value increases were rather similar between my minimally geared MNK/SAM <> NIN/MNK.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if my guess is correct doing it "right" adds same amount of dmg to ws as it does to melee hits while having to still do the same huge wait (and it definitely wasn't worth it for melee hits) and I believe no increased tp gain. Really hard to make guesses between main and sub with data present though the no h2h and with is interesting. But again between no idea about pdif, potential guard and such it's hard to definitely say much

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well if my guess is correct doing it "right" adds same amount of dmg to ws as it does to melee hits while having to still do the same huge wait (and it definitely wasn't worth it for melee hits) and I believe no increased tp gain. Really hard to make guesses between main and sub with data present though the no h2h and with is interesting. But again between no idea about pdif, potential guard and such it's hard to definitely say much
    It's also dependant on time remaining on the buff, which is going to make precise testing even more difficult.

So is boost then given a time based boost?

If you boost > ws > nothing

Boost > wait 2 > ws > 5%

Boost > wait 4 ws > 10%

Boost > wait 6 ws > 20%

Is that basically what youre saying.

Get the longest possible delay, and see if you can 99k

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    So is boost then given a time based boost?

If you boost > ws > nothing

Boost > wait 2 > ws > 5%

Boost > wait 4 ws > 10%

Boost > wait 6 ws > 20%

Is that basically what youre saying.

Get the longest possible delay, and see if you can 99k
    Not quite. It's the remaining delay, not elapsed delay. Roughly same results @ 1sec remaining whether you waited 6sec or 16sec. It's using scaling though, think of it like inverse percentage remaining of initial duration maybe?

EX: 8sec duration > wait 6sec > 75% bonus ,,, 16sec duration > wait 12sec > 75% bonus

Also, zero effect w/ purely elemental damage weapon skills. -_-;;; Exactly identical damage w/ Gust Slash.
    I think there may be a lower limit cap on duration as well. Delay capped THF/MNK w/ 176+150 delay weapons getting ~5.1sec duration, and should be 4.34666 if lower limit is .8(delay). Maybe 5sec floor on minimum duration?

Can someone w/ Jugo+1 & another 150 delay dagger (or at least 2x 150 delay daggers) please test delay capped Boost duration to see if they can get below 5sec? My dbox could, but 1MNK... EDIT: NM, I PL'd her MNK to 10 lol. Using JugoNQ+Platoon Knife (150delay each) as THF/MNK, Boost duration still starts @ 5.1sec, so pretty sure that is the lower limit now. If duration was 100% based on delay, then I should've gotten an even 4.0 seconds.)Roughly same damage increase @1sec remaining with /10MNK as /49MNK, so it's probable that MNK job level does not affect potency.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think potency is scaling with only STR (as the patch notes said) and time remaining. All the job combos I just tried had ~220-250 STR totals, and if timed right, were all roughly the same increase in WS damage. A simple STR*10 multiplier @ 1sec remaining should give similar results to what I saw, though I'm looking at insignificant sample sizes. This would indicate that it is additive and added at the end of the combat damage formula, wouldn't it? Or would I have to test lower TP ranges instead of just 3k?

In support of this, Boost+Chi Blast = ~10x normal Chi Blast damage (as far as I can tell.)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FFXI devs continue their long tradition of making simple skills obtuse and hard to use.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    FFXI devs continue their long tradition of making simple skills obtuse and hard to use.
    Just think of it like DBZ power up scenes and it makes sense. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I think potency is scaling with only STR (as the patch notes said) and time remaining. All the job combos I just tried had ~220-250 STR totals, and if timed right, were all roughly the same increase in WS damage. A simple STR*10 multiplier @ 1sec remaining should give similar results to what I saw, though I'm looking at insignificant sample sizes. This would indicate that it is additive and added at the end of the combat damage formula, wouldn't it? Or would I have to test lower TP ranges instead of just 3k?

In support of this, Boost+Chi Blast = ~10x normal Chi Blast damage (as far as I can tell.)
    Would need a tad more data as there are a ton of things involved in dmg formulas