Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sure nice for them but the rest of us it's like at least give us a bone geez. Frog every month would be nice... after they make it resist gravity
    I'm saying chuck something in that is easy to stomp so we can treat it like a daily or burn it out of the way ASAP and move on to other stuff. Since we're not going to be getting any new gear out of it, might as well let us steamroll it so we can move on and reduce the required monthly workload on the devs so they can try to get something else done. Honestly, from the way they make it sound, it's not actually easy to rotate the mobs inside, so why bother? Especially once the announced new content is live, there is little reason or precedent on continuous updates to old battle content, so again, why bother? If the only changes each month was rotating the purchasables, they might even manage to automate it so that no man-hours would be wasted.

My gil is on Omen lockout being reduced by at least half in the same patch that the new content is launched or within a few months after.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

POL Frontpage: September Campaign listing is up. Looks busy for farmers, and there is a new campaign "Omen Light Double-Up Campaign". From the description, I'm guessing that a 2nd light will appear to give an extra chance to get a treasure box floor?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

guys FFxi stoped being fun after the introduction of Ambuskaka. I think i unsubed like 4 months after that snd struggled the last 2 months i was subed in that time. No Alliance content, no meaningfull new BCNMs no new Sinister reign (they could have banked on that).
    All the new content is just 2 steps backwards :/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I unsubscribed 2 months ago and haven't missed anything except the banter with friends.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    POL Frontpage: September Campaign listing is up. Looks busy for farmers, and there is a new campaign "Omen Light Double-Up Campaign". From the description, I'm guessing that a 2nd light will appear to give an extra chance to get a treasure box floor?
    I'm not really getting that part about the lights. What's even a "light" in Omen?
    I can only think of:
    1) Main objective
    2) Secondary objectives
    3) Omens

What's a "light"?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    guys FFxi stoped being fun after the introduction of Ambuskaka.
    Totally agree here. Ambuscade became more work to get into than to do the actual fights. The actual fights were fun for the first day then boring for the rest of the month. Each month is progressively duller and its just super tedious content.
    I miss other aspects of the game but with nothing really to work for I just lost interest and unsubbed a few months ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm not really getting that part about the lights. What's even a "light" in Omen?
    I can only think of:
    1) Main objective
    2) Secondary objectives
    3) Omens

What's a "light"?
    It's kind of weird and confusing. Based on omen itself I'd say primary/secondary objectives since you a message about. The way it's worded about defeating monsters probably narrows it down primary. So my guess is when you complete primary you will get the light message and credit twice unless first one got you a card on the first one.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    Totally agree here. Ambuscade became more work to get into than to do the actual fights. The actual fights were fun for the first day then boring for the rest of the month. Each month is progressively duller and its just super tedious content.
    I miss other aspects of the game but with nothing really to work for I just lost interest and unsubbed a few months ago.
    I think Ambuscade was a great idea overall and lets everyone enjoy it in different ways. But yes, it has wore out its welcome, especially since we haven't gotten new gear in forever. They need to rotate in different gear sets from older content or from incursion / vagary/ escha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I think Ambuscade was a great idea overall and lets everyone enjoy it in different ways. But yes, it has wore out its welcome, especially since we haven't gotten new gear in forever. They need to rotate in different gear sets from older content or from incursion / vagary/ escha.
    I too kind of liked it in a way. But the amount of grind they've built into it outside of a couple of easy months has always been terrible which made it feel somewhat of a chore
    before you finished for the month before you're points are reset. And no when it's no real no gear main point is currency exchange and well why not do the much easier old content for that. Or do the campaigns or at least more interesting fights and battle fields

Yeah, the grind aspect is what soured me most on Ambuscade. Potentially specialized party requirements just made it that much worse. Overall, I feel like they should've introduced some sort of monthly quest for the entry KI, with that lasting for the rest of the month. However, you'd then be limited to one clear per game day with the rewards being multiplied exponentially. As well, solo versions would be implemented in a different zone so people had more freedom to chase the items at their own pace and to help cut down on congestion issues. Also feel like they should've avoided the 1 set per month thing and launched the salvage-reskins all at once, doing the other crap later on. Remove the caps on the farmables and you've then got some sustainability once people are done with their gear needs.

Conceptually, I feel like they intended Ambuscade to be catch-up content since Skirmish and all that had pretty much died down. However, us players being what we are, paired with the grind and questionable quality of some of the sets, it didn't really pan out that way.

As a returning player ambuscade has been a fantastic way for me to catch up and not feel totally gated off gear wise

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly dev post summary. Nothing new other than the Dengeki Brigade Party thing happened today. Here's a link to the vid on YouTube. No subtitles. Just skimmed thru it, didn't spot anything about current gameplay. Seems like it's just reminiscing about old FFXI memories and downing a few beers. lol Will probably end up watching it properly someday, but not in the mood to watch 2hrs of that atm.

JP2) In response to complaint about PUP's MA Gift, devs said that Gifts are intended to enhance what a job already has so they could not replace it with something like Store TP, and that the recent H2H weapon adjustment should ensure you are not losing TP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

JP2) In response to complaint about PUP's MA Gift, devs said that Gifts are intended to enhance what a job already has so they could not replace it with something like Store TP, and that the recent H2H weapon adjustment should ensure you are not losing TP.
    Don't think devs really know how that works. There is pretty much no value that would prevent them from losing tp if you had ja haste... that aside even without jps a pup with KKK still has more MA then they need to cap -delay with capped magic/gear haste so I'm calling BS. Godhands sure probably fine though so guess partial success is good enough

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't think devs really know how that works. There is pretty much no value that would prevent them from losing tp if you had ja haste... that aside even without jps a pup with KKK still has more MA then they need to cap -delay with capped magic/gear haste so I'm calling BS. Godhands sure probably fine though so guess partial success is good enough
    KKK should be the exception to the rule, though MA~53 over cap is a pretty big exception, but H2H is still in a position where it's going to want/need to avoid MA+ on gear whenever possible. :/ At least DWers are in the same spot there I guess?

Campaign
    BG Level

It's technically much worse for DWers, but at least they can deal good damage regardless of that. Can't say the same thing for PUP and MNK alas.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That's really only an issue for dnc and nin. Blu, thf, rdm, bst, cor, etc. still need to go out of their way to cap DW.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes! Altough I'm not sure I would list RDM, BST, COR and basically any job /NIN or /DNC. I mean they don't get DW natively, they shouldn't matter in the DW discussion we were having, no? And technically any job /NIN needs ~11% DW to cap DW at capped magic haste. It's not a moderate amount but it's not insane either now, is it?
    On the other hand BLU can get DW "natively" and up to ~37%? Which is more than DNC and NIN naturally get (but they also get DW from Gifts, BLU does not). 37% is slightly more than enough to cap DW at capped magic haste, it's basically just perfect.

Granted I know shit about BLU and that 37% DW trait might require too many sacrifices for it to be reasonable /shrugs

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean rdm and cor need to be /nin or /dnc to be competitive melee, i dunno why you wouldn't count them in DW discussion.

For blu, you are almost always going to use DW3 (minimum you can set with job trait bonus x2 from gifts) +~11 DW in gear, or DW4 +~6 DW in gear (basically allows you to trade suppa for something with store TP if you are really focused on just melee). Setting higher than that is pretty silly, not just because of the massive amount of slots/spell points you need to waste, but also that there isn't anything good you could replace adhemar body (+5-6 DW) with anyways, outside of some crazy dark matter augments on herc vest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

KKK should be the exception to the rule, though MA~53 over cap is a pretty big exception, but H2H is still in a position where it's going to want/need to avoid MA+ on gear whenever possible. :/ At least DWers are in the same spot there I guess?
    While KKK is the most extreme of this it's not like it's the only thing that runs into this problem. I don't feel like doing all the math but I'd say it's probably halfish and given KKK is probably the best weapon for pup it's kind of a sad statement since devs literally seem to believe it's not having an effect at all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

While KKK is the most extreme of this it's not like it's the only thing that runs into this problem. I don't feel like doing all the math but I'd say it's probably halfish and given KKK is probably the best weapon for pup it's kind of a sad statement since devs literally seem to believe it's not having an effect at all.
    Maybe KKK is intended to shift the output/focus/balance more towards the pet and the downside is intentional? How many ilv119 H2H weapons have less than 77 delay? (Since I think that is the point where baseline MA would start to reduce TP assuming capped magic/gear haste.)

THF gets DW+25 baseline, plus another DW+5 from Gifts, for DW+30 possible naturally. Only need to set DWII for BLU to hit the same mark. The extra 6% is not hard at all to pickup for either job. All of the jobs which get DW/MA naturally are all pretty much riding the cap, and should be trying to avoid gear with it for the most part.