Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They are intentionally trying to make the fights last longer in an effort to reduce congestion. The idea being that if we are spending more time fighting, we'll be spending less time comparatively waiting in line.... -_-;;
    how the fuck does that make sense?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If they just upped points by itself then yeah, that's ok, but who the heck thought that also making the fights longer is a good idea at all, geezus

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    how the fuck does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    In this month’s Intense Ambusacde, we’re increasing monster HP, hallmark rewards, and badges of gallantry rewards at certain difficulty levels.
    This is intended to alleviate some of the problems we’ve been seeing with congestion,
    as increasing the duration of a given battle should free up a bit of pressure from people knocking on the front door.

The effects of Abdhaljs Seals will also increase—but if you’re like me and tend to take normal Ambuscades slow with a small group of friends,
    you shouldn’t notice the changes too much.
    Yeah... -_-;; Since it's not worded as "all difficulties", I foresee a future of no one bothering with the affected levels and just doing V1N or V1D instead.
    Of course, they could be buffing the LOWER difficulties to make it more of a VD-or-Bust thing. -_-;; We'll find out on the 11th I guess...

EDIT: Nevermind. JP Announcement says "Expert or higher" (most likely "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" for us, but I don't know what the names are in the JP client.)

.... BTW, monthly campaigns start Sep.11 @0100 PDT... How the heck is the update schedule going to work if they need to do the update before campaigns can go live? o.o

Campaign
    BG Level

* Sechs already mentioned the crafting HQ rate increase, but it reads to me as a pretty clear baseline change to all crafting/recipes. BTW, how are we going to determine the new base rates? Any volunteers for spamming T1 recipes?
    Comeatmebro on FFXIAH noticed something interesting though.
    In the description that me and you used as reference they clearly talk about both a change to the somewhat baseline of Synthesys AND to stuff (food, gear etc) that affect HQ rate.

In the checklist below though, only the latter is mentioned.

Clearly there is an inconsitency here. Where is the error? In the checklist missing a part? Or in the fact the translation is less "generic" than the JP original checklist item?
    Or maybe the error is in the discursive part above where the translator is mistakenly talking about baseline stuff too when there's no trace about that in the JP text?

So... thanks to SE's vagueness again I have no clue.
    Real patch notes might be more precise, who knows. Until then we're left doubting.
    Honestly I think Comeatmebro might be right, a change to the baseline (unless is a completely irrelevant/marginal one) sounds too good to be true in my book.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

JPside announcement section about HQ rate chucked at GTrans spat out:
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    One is synthesis specification adjustment. We will revise the formula to make high quality judgment and increase it overall.
    At the same time, you can also adjust the calculation formula of the property "High Quality Success Raise Up" obtained with equipments and meals, and it
    will become more effective when the base high quality ratio is low.
    That sure sounds like the baseline is being increased to me. lol

If bonuses are currently multiplicative, and are being changed to additive, (or possibly even mixed based on source currently,) that change would only require the single note about HQ rate adjustments. Just saying. >_> I'd guess that there are other possibilities that could affect both baseline+boosts as well, so the "missing line" is probably a red herring.

As a general rule, the Japanese announcement has more detailed information than English. Usually not HUGE details that get omitted, but for example, their notice mentions that Puks count as Dragons in regards to Ambuscade ROE, and the "Expert" or higher specification for the mob HP buff in Ambuscade. I don't think I've ever seen one where we got something that they didn't.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Here's an idea to reduce congestion: give us some actual new content for once.
    You know, like that new battle system or whatever-the-hell-ever that was supposed to be out months ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

.... BTW, monthly campaigns start Sep.11 @0100 PDT... How the heck is the update schedule going to work if they need to do the update before campaigns can go live? o.o
    Why would they have to do the updates first?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah... -_-;; Since it's not worded as "all difficulties", I foresee a future of no one bothering with the affected levels and just doing V1N or V1D instead.
    Of course, they could be buffing the LOWER difficulties to make it more of a VD-or-Bust thing. -_-;; We'll find out on the 11th I guess...

EDIT: Nevermind. JP Announcement says "Expert or higher" (most likely "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" for us, but I don't know what the names are in the JP client.)

Expert is what Intense is referred to as in the Japanese version. The text does not specify a certain difficulty level, it's only stating that the changes mentioned will be applied above a certain difficulty level on Intense, so presently, it's still unknown.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    Here's an idea to reduce congestion: give us some actual new content for once.
    You know, like that new battle system or whatever-the-hell-ever that was supposed to be out months ago.
    In SE mind a new mob in Ambusacade is new content !

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Why would they have to do the updates first?
    It's what has always happened. ^^;; At least for the last two years since I've been back, I don't think there's been a single month where campaigns kicked in before an update. They've also had maintenance specifically to turn on login campaigns, which would indicate that at the very least they need to reboot the servers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    This whole "Adjust HQ success rate" thing is something I will reserve judgment on. It does sound promising though, but wouldn't more HQs mean less potential profit off said HQs?

I guess it would depend on what it is. I've been HQing the hell out of Hepatizon Saparas which is basically funding a relic on a same account mule. However, depending on how this all goes, I wouldn't mind attempting some T0 stuff, like a Stikini Ring or something.
    IF said changes could make profits less insane (just my opinion HQs are traditionally way way way too expensive even since the beginning, I know people work hard at skillin the craft and "mah ingredients are hard to get!") but maybe made it so theres less spending 20 million on mats to get 99% chance of a NQ that you cant sell for more than 10k on AH or to npc, I would be super pleased.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They've never needed an update for campaigns to start. They've only needed one for logins, which occasionally they did when they brilliantly scheduled the actual version update when they normally do the login specific one. So that we only had one update instead of a second unneeded one.

Still have yet to meet anyone who can tell me why they need an update specifically for logins, they could change any options on the npc during the normal update, and its not like the login campaign is going once the update is over nor an update when it ends. And pretty much any new item for logins has been added in the version update previous, even when not monthly version updates. event npcs have appeared at a scheduled time for a long long long time now without an actual update so, really what is the actual point of the login update?

"It's what has always happened. ^^;; At least for the last two years since I've been back, I don't think there's been a single month where campaigns kicked in before an update. They've also had maintenance specifically to turn on login campaigns, which would indicate that at the very least they need to reboot the servers."

this is merely coincidence, normal campaigns start usually on the 11th-15th of the month. there were also times when the updates werent monthly, that they did version updates near the end of the month now and again.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    If they just upped points by itself then yeah, that's ok, but who the heck thought that also making the fights longer is a good idea at all, geezus
    If they up points per run, it makes more sense only if groups will wait out the initial rush. The problem is most people have that "FIRST!!!!!" mentality.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm of the opinion that the best way to clear out Ambuscade congestion would be to lower the cost of gear and related upgrade items. If it was possible to get all your vouchers/tokens/metals within a short period of time without carpal tunnel inducing amounts of grinding thru, I believe that a lot of us would drop out of the queue once those are obtained.

Raising rewarded points per run should actually incentivize increased farming in order to buy more of the sellables to get gil, and by only adjusting the highest difficulties, it leaves out the majority of players, so I don't see any major impact on queue sizes incoming. :/

I'm of the opinion that the best way to clear out Ambuscade congestion would be to lower the cost of gear and related upgrade items. If it was possible to get all your vouchers/tokens/metals within a short period of time without carpal tunnel inducing amounts of grinding thru, I believe that a lot of us would drop out of the queue once those are obtained.

Raising rewarded points per run should actually incentivize increased farming in order to buy more of the sellables to get gil, and by only adjusting the highest difficulties, it leaves out the majority of players, so I don't see any major impact on queue sizes incoming. :/
    I think this would have the opposite effect, with more characters being pushed through for the easier to obtain REM items to earn gil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's what has always happened. ^^;; At least for the last two years since I've been back, I don't think there's been a single month where campaigns kicked in before an update. They've also had maintenance specifically to turn on login campaigns, which would indicate that at the very least they need to reboot the servers.
    We've had this talk before but
    log in campaigns =/= other campaigns. Other campaigns turn on at specific times while the game is running everytime while log in campaigns are added during a maintenance just for them. Iirc it's because they actually do some weird thing with removing and putting the npc back in though why they even do that is beyond me

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

JP POL Frontpage:

Freshly Picked 35 will be broadcast Sept. 8th at 20:00 JST (07:00 EST) They are scheduled to cover all of the upgrade info including details on the crafting system changes and announcement of the new Trust.

NicoNico link here ..... YouTube link here.

As always, I recommend using NicoNico over YouTube due to the comment system being live and responded to by the devs during the broadcast. Assuming you have an idea about Japanese. :3 Hopefully, I won't get kicked out again for being on a freebie account. T_T

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    We've had this talk before but
    log in campaigns =/= other campaigns. Other campaigns turn on at specific times while the game is running everytime while log in campaigns are added during a maintenance just for them. Iirc it's because they actually do some weird thing with removing and putting the npc back in though why they even do that is beyond me
    Well, they are adding a brand new campaign, so I'm still confused about how that's getting added w/o a maintenance beforehand.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) In a thread about "What equipment do you want?" where ppl are mostly asking for ilvl versions of old gear, the devs said that they already have stuff planned, so it's difficult to use the suggestions. They also said that Escutcheons are scheduled to get another upgrade this month, and "We are planning to add new recipes accordingly, so please expect it." Sounds like the new stuff may be connected to the shields like Su3 gear is. :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds like the new stuff may be connected to the shields like Su3 gear is. :/
    Yes please