Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    "only" 1500 points carry over, what's the big deal with that and how would that be a reason for constantly releasing shit login campaigns month after month, over and over and over and over and over again?
    Well, right now, they are going thru Salvage gear and related upgrade items (I believe by JP player request) and they probably don't want to hear bitching about "there's too much good stuff and I can't afford everything". :/ I also got the feeling that they have been trying to lower the gil potential from logins to lower the pressure on players to have multiple characters. There've been complaints about lousy rewards recently and they said they'll have the guy in charge look into changing things up (probably after Salvage gear has been completed.)

Only 20min more to go til FP35 starts! :D /psych
    Anyone know a reliable way to rip a livestreamed video (hopefully that can capture NicoNico's comment overlay as well) btw? >_>;; Would help w/ my translation efforts if I could actually save the video instead of only one shot at it til it gets reuploaded later.

EDIT: Got booted before they even finished saying their names. T_T YouTube it is... orz YouTube link again if anyone else wants to join me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Stuff from FP35, will be updating this post until it's done:

* Ambuscade V2 = Wyrm. They are STILL bringing up the Curry Bun Incident (and Fujito used one just to spite them.) XD
    ** Looks like mob spammed Absolute Terror (or had AE:Terror) and has some sort of debuff (def down?) aura. Barely scratched Fujito's WAR on Normal.
    ** Sounds like they are TRIPLING mob HP for V1VD. Didn't catch if they said how much rewards will be increased to compensate.

* Eschuteon: They are getting their unique appearances this update. And holy hell, there's a ton of stuff on it. @_@;; Gonna take a bit to work thru the trans on it, but here's what I've got so far for the GS shield:
    Goldsmithing skill +2, crafting speed -240 (-4sec, huge diff when they did a demo), HQ rate +2, material loss -5%.
    Enchantment (1hr CD, Goldsmithing Only): Material loss -15%, HQ rate +3, "sub skill"+10, "normal quality prevented"

O_o Yes, it really says that... not exactly sure what it means tho. I find it interesting that the HQ rates don't have a %, while the mat loss does.

* They are explaining the HQ system in detail, but Matsui is rather mumbly and soft-spoken and did the bulk of the explanation, so I didn't catch much. T_T
    Someone who's fluent really needs to go thru later and pick it apart, since I think they actually explained things we've never known for sure. Pretty sure he did say the success rate cap is 99%, but not much else.

* Special Vana'versary trust = Cornelia, has Haste+(20% @119) phys/magic/ranged acc+

* Round 2 of Vana'versary events are focusing on Selbina/Mhaura. They had fun reminiscing about getting gangbanged by bats on their first time to Selbina from Bastok, and the looooooong run back. Sounds like one of the obj's (literally: Huge! Sheep!) requires killing Rams.

* They're holding a screenshot contest, Sep 25-30.

* Talk about the Well furnishing w/ 80slots. They said they will not be adding more storage/bags.

Broadcast ended so wasn't able to listen to the shield and HQ details again. Will try again once it's reposted/archived.

Yeah, just copypasting the guild logo is ugly. Wouldn't be so bad if it was the same metal pattern as the rest of the shield.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think that they'll look slightly better w/ the next upgrade. Expecting silly shininess, so the emblem should at least be colored in. Of note, they never brought up that this was the final/last stage so odds are still good that there will be at least one more upgrade to go.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I highly doubt there is another stage. Why would they have two unique models for every shield?

Also, unlike the aspis, ecu, scutum and shield, this stage is actually called escutcheon.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I highly doubt there is another stage. Why would they have two unique models for every shield?
    If the only difference is a static "decal" between crafts, then it would be a low cost to do so. Seems like something that would not discourage doing on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    Also, unlike the aspis, ecu, scutum and shield, this stage is actually called escutcheon.
    Nothing to prevent a "+1" version or the like. It just feels like something they'd be trumpeting about if it was actually the end.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think they look fine.

Surprised they aren't +3 skill, but then again with +10 to subcrafts, and HQ rate+ I will easily take that over any extra skill. Especially with HQ rates going up in three days.

EDIT: Just realized the sub skills are capped at 70 still, and the HQ rate is an enhancement. Oh well, still better than any other option for HQing.

They would keep it the same model, but upgrade it further. Possible this is it though, yeah.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The dialogue from in-game after you complete the current shield implemented leads you to believe its the last.

mithra in port jeuno: I'm finding it harrrd to contain my excitement. This means the next upgrade will be the one. Mwahahaha!≺Prompt≻

bone guild master: Accorrrding to her, the next upgrade should unlock the true power of the shield. I can't wait to see what it becomes!≺Prompt≻

Maybe it is the last, but they could easily add an augment i suppose.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I think they look fine.

Surprised they aren't +3 skill, but then again with +10 to subcrafts, and HQ rate+ I will easily take that over any extra skill. Especially with HQ rates going up in three days.

EDIT: Just realized the sub skills are capped at 70 still, and the HQ rate is an enhancement. Oh well, still better than any other option for HQing.
    HQrate+2 baseline, HQrate+3 from enchantment. Couldn't make out the kanji on the "cap" notation, so possible that it's not actually a "cap", so didn't mention it until I could attempt to confirm. Most likely is capped at 70 tho, which makes it semi-pointless since you can just ungimp yourself and level your subs, and it only applies to primary craft recipes. :/

It's been close to a decade since I used enchantment gear, so forget how they work exactly. Will the full enchantment stack on top of the baseline stats or are they more like latents which tend to just bump up to the higher values?

Curious how the NoNQ thing will work.. Single use? Duration? How long if it's a duration? What would it have to be in order to be worthwhile using if NQs are guaranteed fails?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    HQrate+2 baseline, HQrate+3 from enchantment. Couldn't make out the kanji on the "cap" notation, so possible that it's not actually a "cap", so didn't mention it until I could attempt to confirm. Most likely is capped at 70 tho, which makes it semi-pointless since you can just ungimp yourself and level your subs, and it only applies to primary craft recipes. :/

It's been close to a decade since I used enchantment gear, so forget how they work exactly. Will the full enchantment stack on top of the baseline stats or are they more like latents which tend to just bump up to the higher values?

Curious how the NoNQ thing will work.. Single use? Duration? How long if it's a duration? What would it have to be in order to be worthwhile using if NQs are guaranteed fails?
    If only we could delvl a sub craft to 60 and raise another to 80 so that part of the shield be useful :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"normal quality prevented"
    O_o Yes, it really says that... not exactly sure what it means tho. I find it interesting that the HQ rates don't have a %, while the mat loss does.
    Someone on FFXIAH thinks that this line simply means if you NQ, you break. that would make sense.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Someone on FFXIAH thinks that this line simply means if you NQ, you break. that would make sense.
    I'm guessing the same thing now that I have time to think about it, since otherwise the additional Mat loss -15% part of the enchantment would be 100% useless.

Also, some quick guesses w/ GTrans says that it is indeed capped @70. "(70上限)" = "(70 upper limit)", and I'm pretty sure those are the kanji used.

.... Just realized something rather odd. There was no mention at all about the new synthesized equipment mentioned in the notes. Normally, they like to include anything new to pad out the broadcast.

YouTube bugged out a bit while I was watching. I don't think the actual "like" numbers were quite this high:

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm guessing the same thing now that I have time to think about it, since otherwise the additional Mat loss -15% part of the enchantment would be 100% useless.

Also, some quick guesses w/ GTrans says that it is indeed capped @70. "(70上限)" = "(70 upper limit)", and I'm pretty sure those are the kanji used.

.... Just realized something rather odd. There was no mention at all about the new synthesized equipment mentioned in the notes. Normally, they like to include anything new to pad out the broadcast.

YouTube bugged out a bit while I was watching. I don't think the actual "like" numbers were quite this high:
    Knowing SE they might have duped us and just meant the shield is the new crafted item

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Knowing SE they might have duped us and just meant the shield is the new crafted item
    XD Wouldn't put it past them, but they did recently say that there would be new equipment recipes alongside the shield upgrade. Have a feeling that it might be systematically impossible to clear the new stage, (update notice wording, some of the banter during the broadcast, etc) so if the new gear is tied to a new shield KI, then it may be quite a while before we start seeing them in the wild. Low odds that the new stuff showing up in the Gobbiebox either since after the Su3 launch, they said they won't be adding the new gear to the box right away.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

XD Wouldn't put it past them, but they did recently say that there would be new equipment recipes alongside the shield upgrade. Have a feeling that it might be systematically impossible to clear the new stage, (update notice wording, some of the banter during the broadcast, etc) so if the new gear is tied to a new shield KI, then it may be quite a while before we start seeing them in the wild. Low odds that the new stuff showing up in the Gobbiebox either since after the Su3 launch, they said they won't be adding the new gear to the box right away.
    Well with HQ rate adjustment, that is good. Don't need the box fucking shit up on the AH.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well with HQ rate adjustment, that is good. Don't need the box fucking shit up on the AH.
    I was just thinking about how the HQ rate adjustment is gonna pan out, and given what they've said about it, I've got a gut feeling that they may simply change the values of the lower two HQ tiers.

Currently, it's: HQ3=1/2, HQ2=1/4, HQ1=1/16, HQ0=1/64.
    Shifting the base2 pattern of the formula slightly would probably be the simplest method to implement in order to adjust upwards.
    So maybe: HQ3=1/2, HQ2=1/4, HQ1=1/8, HQ0=1/16.

Seems huge at first glance, but given how they are hyping this, and how they've stated that it will be far more noticeable for recipes that currently have lower HQ rates, it actually makes sense. o_o

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I always thought it's because they allowed points to carry over between months?
    They also cut the points we gain each month in half when they did the carry over too though

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They also cut the points we gain each month in half when they did the carry over too though
    They also lowered the price tiers too though.