Closed Thread
Page 717 of 733 FirstFirst ... 667 707 715 716 717 718 719 727 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    * Talk about the Well furnishing w/ 80slots. They said they will not be adding more storage/bags.
    Did they say where the damn thing came from?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They also lowered the price tiers too though.
    Yeah kind of had to since some would've been impossible but iirc it wasn't by as much though hard to completely to tell since they eliminated a lot of the good stuff people cared about

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Did they say where the damn thing came from?
    Not that I heard. But if they are talking about it, then it should be available soonish. I caught more talking about how yes, there is a ladder, but no, you can not climb down it. lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah kind of had to since some would've been impossible but iirc it wasn't by as much though hard to completely to tell since they eliminated a lot of the good stuff people cared about
    In all the devposts related to Login Campaigns on JPside, they always refer to a "person in charge", so it's most likely up to one guy who decides what goes in. Personally, I think that recently, that guy wants to reduce the dependency/gil-potential of login points in order to push players towards doing something for their income besides logging into their mule army.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not that I heard. But if they are talking about it, then it should be available soonish. I caught more talking about how yes, there is a ladder, but no, you can not climb down it. lol
    Well it was added to the game back in July along with the tomato and aurum chest. Aurum coffer potentially could be made from light chest like a few other similar recipes and just no one found it. But other 2 seem like non crafted and just kind of weird for them to add something like that nowadays and it not being available either right away or be something for next log in

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was just thinking about how the HQ rate adjustment is gonna pan out, and given what they've said about it, I've got a gut feeling that they may simply change the values of the lower two HQ tiers.

Currently, it's: HQ3=1/2, HQ2=1/4, HQ1=1/16, HQ0=1/64.
    Shifting the base2 pattern of the formula slightly would probably be the simplest method to implement in order to adjust upwards.
    So maybe: HQ3=1/2, HQ2=1/4, HQ1=1/8, HQ0=1/16.

Seems huge at first glance, but given how they are hyping this, and how they've stated that it will be far more noticeable for recipes that currently have lower HQ rates, it actually makes sense. o_o
    I really hope the formula doesnt end up this way. Then again, REM weapons went from a luxury to a necessity and they were everywhere. HQ gear will probably be the same way...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well it was added to the game back in July along with the tomato and aurum chest. Aurum coffer potentially could be made from light chest like a few other similar recipes and just no one found it. But other 2 seem like non crafted and just kind of weird for them to add something like that nowadays and it not being available either right away or be something for next log in
    Pagodite, which was added to Green Thumb Moogle in the same update as the first Escutcheon quest, still has zero uses as far as I can tell, so not unheard of for something to get added early. Oh, and IIRC, weren't all five of the AA Trusts added to the dats at first? As far as the well goes, I'm guessing Oct login campaign, special/annual event in Nov, or maybe added to GTM's stock of beds during MG Campaigns.

Nothing to prevent a "+1" version or the like. It just feels like something they'd be trumpeting about if it was actually the end.
    Fair enough.

Oh, and IIRC, weren't all five of the AA Trusts added to the dats at first?
    That's right. They were all added together years ago.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The more I think about the shield enchantment, the happier I am. Can't think of the number of times I would have preferred half of the ingredients back over a NQ.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pagodite, which was added to Green Thumb Moogle in the same update as the first Escutcheon quest, still has zero uses as far as I can tell, so not unheard of for something to get added early. Oh, and IIRC, weren't all five of the AA Trusts added to the dats at first? As far as the well goes, I'm guessing Oct login campaign, special/annual event in Nov, or maybe added to GTM's stock of beds during MG Campaigns.
    Pagodites are actually obtainable just no idea what they do. Completely different situation. There are also several things in the dats that never became obtainable and pretty sure they forgot about but it's still kind of weird and iirc they generally don't go back and then add the way to obtain them. The trusts themselves were added the ciphers weren't yet though that's kind of odd situation to begin with since it's a cycle. And while they do seem like they'd be log in stuff they've also added the item to the dats the update right before so kind of weird to skip a few updates like that

Perhaps we can d

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pagodites are actually obtainable just no idea what they do. Completely different situation. There are also several things in the dats that never became obtainable and pretty sure they forgot about but it's still kind of weird and iirc they generally don't go back and then add the way to obtain them. The trusts themselves were added the ciphers weren't yet though that's kind of odd situation to begin with since it's a cycle. And while they do seem like they'd be log in stuff they've also added the item to the dats the update right before so kind of weird to skip a few updates like that
    Could be a Goblin Stir-Fry where they tell us years and years later because no one figured out their useless hidden formula to some crap.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'm sorta expecting one of the Escutcheon upgrades to require an insane number of them or something new synthed from them. I can seriously imagine the guildmaster telling me to bring her 10,000,000 of the damn things.... ~_~ My point about them was just that it's not unheard of for them to add something early, but now that they brought it up, it's likely to be available soonish.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think all the AA trust were added well ahead of release. but then after the second or third one didnt they remove the rest of them for some reason? And then they have released a new one at least since then.

Also from playonline:
    "Taking the main stage this month is the fourth installment of the Escutcheon questline!"
    and
    "The biggest thing on our plate is the next step in the Escutcheon questlines. This fourth installment is a bit of a beast, but I have confidence that you’ll all be able to tackle this near-impossible to gauge foe and boast of your synthesis prowess to all your companions."

Dont they typically say final or something when it is the last stage? Not next or fourth. Lately they like to use "Pentultimate" also. IF this goes like a relic though where you get just a bit more of the final stats as you work to the end goal i wonder how high these stats will actually go. Maybe the enchantment becomes permanent, kinda like how you have latent effects on the last stage or two of relic weapons.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I think all the AA trust were added well ahead of release. but then after the second or third one didnt they remove the rest of them for some reason? And then they have released a new one at least since then.

Also from playonline:
    "Taking the main stage this month is the fourth installment of the Escutcheon questline!"
    and
    "The biggest thing on our plate is the next step in the Escutcheon questlines. This fourth installment is a bit of a beast, but I have confidence that you’ll all be able to tackle this near-impossible to gauge foe and boast of your synthesis prowess to all your companions."

Dont they typically say final or something when it is the last stage? Not next or fourth. Lately they like to use "Pentultimate" also. IF this goes like a relic though where you get just a bit more of the final stats as you work to the end goal i wonder how high these stats will actually go. Maybe the enchantment becomes permanent, kinda like how you have latent effects on the last stage or two of relic weapons.
    Yep, they added all of them in a single update, then removed all of the ones that weren't released yet and have been re-adding them as they are released for some inexplicable reason.

That's what I've been saying about this not being the last upgrade. They didn't mention it being last/final/complete this time even in the FP broadcast, so I'd say there's no evidence to support it being so. I actually really like your idea for adding the enchantment to permanent stats w/ future updates. Would give them a way to avoid augments that some seem to be expecting (since I think enchantments/augments share the same dataspace,) while continuing to expand on the stats.

Some of my mostly baseless predictions for future upgrade stats:
    • The cap on "Sub Skill +10" will get removed. If it's still part of an enchantment in the final stage, then could be raised to as high as +70 to bypass sub-crafts blocking/lowering HQ rates. However, I don't actually expect to see higher than +30.
    • Main skill will go up to +3, but no higher. Originally, the way they talked about it, Escutcheons were planned to make Kupo Shield nice to have but no longer amazing. If main skill is higher in addition to all of the other stats, KS would be flat out trash.
    • Synth speed +600. Mostly since it's a nice round number and -10sec per synth would add up fast to time saved.
    • Success rate+ added, somewhere around the 3-5% range to start, and 7% at the end.

If I'm wrong, don't hate me. If I'm right, then WOOHOO shield will be awesome! XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Archive for FP35 is up on YouTube. I'll dig thru it deeper tomorrow once I've slept, but for now I can confirm:
    The Escutcheon enchantment's "no NQ" thing is indeed HQ-or-break.
    They did a side by side w/ new shield vs no shield and the synth speed+ knocked off more than the expected -4sec, and was closer to -6sec by the video timestamps.
    Matsui reminded us that success rate and HQ rate both cap @ 99% ._.;; This scares me. Does this mean they intend to give us enough to actually exceed that?!

They definitely go into some of the details/mechanics/code behind crafting, but I definitely need backup for this part. @_@;; I don't want to be responsible for pointing the entire community in the wrong direction on this in case they don't give us a proper detailed official explanation in English.....

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Archive for FP35 is up on YouTube. I'll dig thru it deeper tomorrow once I've slept, but for now I can confirm:
    The Escutcheon enchantment's "no NQ" thing is indeed HQ-or-break.
    They did a side by side w/ new shield vs no shield and the synth speed+ knocked off more than the expected -4sec, and was closer to -6sec by the video timestamps.
    Matsui reminded us that success rate and HQ rate both cap @ 99% ._.;; This scares me. Does this mean they intend to give us enough to actually exceed that?!

They definitely go into some of the details/mechanics/code behind crafting, but I definitely need backup for this part. @_@;; I don't want to be responsible for pointing the entire community in the wrong direction on this in case they don't give us a proper detailed official explanation in English.....
    More likely success rate+ over 100, not HQ rate.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    More likely success rate+ over 100, not HQ rate.
    He actually called out both. It was an "and" type statement. ._.;; Yes, I listened to it several times because I couldn't believe what I heard at first and assumed my brain had derped.

EDIT: Specifically, Matsui says that success rate has a baseline cap of 95%, which can be raised to 99% thru gear/food and no matter what you do there is a 1% chance of failure/break. Then separately, he says that HQ rates are also capped to 99%.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OK! I need help. ._.

We need a proper/fluent translation for 47:55-53:00 as I am having trouble figuring out the precise details they are telling us. I can tell that they are discussing some of the mechanics behind HQ rates, success rates, and how gear/food bonuses will be changing, but I am struggling to do more than pick out partial sentences. Getting the gist of what they are saying is not enough for this section, which is the best I can do at this point.

It sounds to me like gear/food HQ rates will be changing to additive percents, so they fit "cleanly into the HQ tables", but not 100% sure this is correct for example..

Is there anyone who can help w/ translating this 5min section?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Someone of FFXIAH pointed me in the direction of a JP player's blog >here<, and it has a bunch of goodies/details for us. ^^

Ambuscade: V1 points and mob HP are getting 2x-3x increase depending on difficulty. From what was said, these should be the values, including seal bonus:

They are increasing points to get ppl done faster in order to reduce queue times once ppl clear out.

Escutcheon: They stated that the enchantment stacks with base stats. With the enchantment active, anything not HQ will break, unless you are using your craft's NoHQ ring, in which case only NQ items will be made. (They gave the rings higher priority over the enchantment.)

Crafting/HQs:
    The HQ formula itself is changing.
    HQrate+ from gear/food will be more effective. Precise details were not given. From what else was stated, I'm guessing they will be full percents and additive.
    They confirmed that recipes w/ subcrafts roll for HQ for each craft involved, and the result is HQ only if all rolls succeed.
    HQ crystals (inscription/signing ones) have a hidden effect of increased success.

Vana'versary: The giant sheep RoE involves a new NM which will drop 6x items, including the chocobo patterned "chicken knife" cosmetic item.

Cornelia: Values vary by level. Max values are: Haste+20% acc/r.acc/m.acc +30. The trust will automagically show up in everyone's spell book after the update.

The Well furnishing: This will be a prize for the aforementioned Twitter screenshot contest. A grand total of 666 will be given out over six days. -_-

Omen campaign: Sounds like I was wrong. XD (Hey, it happens on occasion.) Seems like we'll get two omens per kill in order to increase the odds of making it to the treasure room. I blame vague official translations.... <,<

The devs will have a lot to say about the announced new battle content in November's FP36. Was not made clear if it will go live at that time or a later date.

EDIT: The same poster who pointed me towards that blog, Tarowyn, watched the section I wanted help with and came back with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarowyn, FFXIAH
    They didn't really say exactly how they're changing the HQ rates. They said that because of the way it was pulling HQ rates from a table, the HQ bonuses weren't being applied very neatly. The whole thing happened because they wanted to make the shields worth doing, but when they looked at the calculations they realized how small the change was.

They did say nothing will be affected negatively so HQ rates will only go up with the change.
    So, it's not for sure that gear/food are going additive, but going by everything that's been said so far, their impact should still be higher overall.