Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wow! What a bitchy and bitter reply lmao
    As always, their wording is far more polite than my summary may make it sound. Even if they want to tell someone that their request is idiotic and question their sanity, they tend to use very gentle words. :3

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly post summary. Nothing new.

JP2) Someone noticed a difference (lower values) in the acquired capacity points from beating Ambuscade V1 and MMM, asked if was intentional or a bug. Dev reply is that Ambuscade values are not fixed and that they adjust the values month to month based on mob type, gimmicks, and number of mobs. MMM has not been changed, so the poster was directed to file a bug report.

NA1) They know that certain new Escutcheon related items are currently misnamed and will be addressing the issue.

NA2) NA GM service will be suspended for "building maintenance" Sep19 1pm-5pm PDT.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

NA1) They did an emergency maintenance to correct the typos for certain Escutcheon related items.

JP1) They have confirmed that the adjustment to Ambuscade exp/cp rewards has effected MMM and will be fixing at a later date.

JP2) Summary for FP35.
    • They debuted a new song at the Dengeki Offline Party, which is going to be used in new battle content.
    • Ambuscade V1 changes: HP/Rewards for Easy was doubled, N+ was tripled. Now my LS can stop arguing about this. lol
    • Escutcheons are actually done. My hope has died... Specifically called out as "final form".
    • HQ crystals used for signing items has a hidden effect of "Synthetic material loss rate-" Not success rate+ as I previously reported. Trans fail on my end. orz
    • The screenshot contest mentioned earlier involves posting screenshots w/ a dedicated Twitter hashtag. Theme is "re-experience", 111 winners per day will get the Well furnishing.
    • They are intending for November to be a BIG DEAL, and asked for requests for campaigns. CP, cosmic orb, Domain Invasion were requested and they'll be looking at getting them ready for Nov. The next FP is scheduled for Nov as well. Guessing that Nov will also be when they launch the new battle content.

Campaign
    BG Level

November will mark one year exactly since omen release, I think?

Btw I'm confused. Didn't they say the level 70 cap to subcraft would have been removed at a latter date? If not through a further version of the shield then how?

Edit: I meant the level 70 cap on the subcraft+10 bonus present on the Shield.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol adjustment to ilvl mobs in a different zone and system has effected another ones lvl 99 mobs <.<. The really need to update MMM for ilvl too

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Lol adjustment to ilvl mobs in a different zone and system has effected another ones lvl 99 mobs <.<. The really need to update MMM for ilvl too
    I'm guessing it has nothing to do w/ ilvl and more to do w/ the exp/cp rewards being awarded for fight completion rather than per mob killed. They could quite likely share the same exp system. Legion itself is not ilvl content either, even if the mobs are lv100+. I'm surprised they are looking to fix the MMM issue though as it would seem to be quite a tiny impact on most players, so seems like something they would normally ignore... Maybe it's because they felt bad about the rather curt reply they gave earlier? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    November will mark one year exactly since omen release, I think?

Btw I'm confused. Didn't they say the level 70 cap to subcraft would have been removed at a latter date? If not through a further version of the shield then how?

Edit: I meant the level 70 cap on the subcraft+10 bonus present on the Shield.
    November has 11/11, and they do like releasing new content at that time. I think we were all just chomping at the bit wanting more than just Ambuscade rotations each month while they're working on the new stuff.

The part about raising the enchantment's subcraft+10 was speculation on our part. They've mentioned raising actual subcraft caps before, then usually either retract the statements or clam up and refuse to talk about it again later.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews25054.shtml

Am I reading this right, every time you update your phone's OS it fucks with the security token app? That's incredibly poor programming if so.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Am I reading this right, every time you update your phone's OS it fucks with the security token app? That's incredibly poor programming if so.
    Updating the OS probably dicks w/ some sort of identity settings that the token uses to pinpoint "your" phone vs the billions of other devices out there. It's also possible that a specific new OS update FUBAR's the token. It's not hard at all to use the 911 password to disconnect it from your account, then reinstall the token and reconnect it. This notice is likely just a reminder for those who are dumb enough to not keep track of their passwords and try to blame SE for not being able to access their accounts.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think it's just a broad statement to cover potential cases. iOS (at least) can temporarily delete applications when doing an upgrade to create enough space to work with, and uninstall/reinstall does tend to mess with authenticator apps, same as migrating to a new device. So it may just be a fringe possibility that just doing an OS upgrade would be a problem, but still worth throwing into their timely reminder as new iPhones/iOS are coming out.

Campaign
    BG Level

Well if they don't remove the level 70 cap to the subcraft+10 bonus, it's pretty useless and leaves a really sour taste in your mouth.
    What's worse, it would've allowed some nice recipes to gain a tier thanks to that, sigh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm guessing it has nothing to do w/ ilvl and more to do w/ the exp/cp rewards being awarded for fight completion rather than per mob killed. They could quite likely share the same exp system. Legion itself is not ilvl content either, even if the mobs are lv100+. I'm surprised they are looking to fix the MMM issue though as it would seem to be quite a tiny impact on most players, so seems like something they would normally ignore... Maybe it's because they felt bad about the rather curt reply they gave earlier? lol
    But you see these ARE awarding xp per mob killed. Haven't really checked to see if ambuscades xp varies on difficulty but MMM definitely has mobs with checkable levels that give xp based on that. How is it not ilvl? It follows the same general mechanics that are specific to ilvl areas vice all the pre soa stuff and the stuff that they had to roundabout with higher stats like HTBF. Literally every one of those soa/escha zone specific changes also went to legion (in fact some were tested there first). idk about other people but I still use MMM for getting specific mob types sometimes. And I guess if you really new it's okish xp/cp

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i was literally wanting to post this exact same thing. EVERY time the OS updates i see this warnign so I dont think its this particular update. I have never heard of another app that has special actions required when you simply update your OS on device. There is usually a message saying hey dont update your phone right away til we get problems worked out when ever there is an OS update too. Dont see one this time, but have many times previous. Now that I have a new iphone I keep wanting to switch to it instead of the physical token I have already, but then I see these messages, and I dont really want to deal with remembering to get some one time password before i update it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Now that I have a new iphone I keep wanting to switch to it instead of the physical token I have already, but then I see these messages, and I dont really want to deal with remembering to get some one time password before i update it.
    Being fair, other authenticator apps have single-use removal codes as well, and they don't change. Recording and storing them when you set up the app is a Good Idea (Blizzard's apparently can back that info up to iCloud though, so some seem to handle it better than others). Still, it's not so much something to go do before every update, but more what you should have done already just in case your phone got lost or dropped in a toilet or whatever.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Let's be honest... does this game really need a token anymore? I mean I don't expect RMT is much of an issue anymore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

RMT is still an issue but no one needed a security token to begin with if they weren't lurking on shady bots/hacks sites or buying gil themselves or doing other stupid things in general to compromise their account. I bought the security token the day it was released and immediately deactivated it, just wanted the inventory space

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Let's be honest... does this game really need a token anymore? I mean I don't expect RMT is much of an issue anymore.
    You'd be surprised. In some ways in recent years rmting has bigger issue then it's ever been though not because of lost accounts. Making gil has just become insanely easy for those willing to well do it for a living. According to the STF .6-3.6 billion gil has been frozen while banning 200-700 accounts every single month this year. A lot of that is likely sparks farmers

Last couple of years were even worse especially in terms of gil per account since item creation/duping was a thing.

Compare this to like 8 years ago when similar amounts of gil was done a month but it was spread out over 10k accounts....

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    ... and I dont really want to deal with remembering to get some one time password before i update it.
    The One Time Password system is pretty simple to use if you want to give it a shot. Once the app is linked to your FFXI account, you open the app and it displays a 6-digit numerical password/code which stays valid for ~1min, then enter that code in addition to your normal login info. Since a new code is generated each time you use it, there is nothing to actually remember. You also only have to worry about doing it when you login to POL (game and account page), so it's a very small change if you tend to stay logged in for long periods of time.

Once it's registered, you will be given an Emergency Removal Password, which is long and random, so best to record it somewhere safe where it can't be lost.

If you decide to try it out, and don't like it, then I suggest using the Emergency Removal Password to cancel it rather than the standard process, since that way definitely lets you keep access to the Mog Satchel. ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I still use my physical token (bought when they first released them), which somehow still works via whatever arcane magicks (the souls of dot matrix printers? pure, manufactured PS2acite? the ghost of Sage Sundi?) they trapped inside.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I still use my physical token (bought when they first released them), which somehow still works via whatever arcane magicks (the souls of dot matrix printers? pure, manufactured PS2acite? the ghost of Sage Sundi?) they trapped inside.
    I've got like 2-3 tokens stowed around my house which I got from buying for XI, then with XIV etc. and I'm still on my first one, the battery on that is crazy. Not like I played hardcore after some point, just returning for a month or two to XI after couple of months and the same with XIV for expansions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it really that crazy? Most digitial watches last a good 5-7 years with normal use. While these are operating all of about what on average 10 seconds a day?