Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    It's over by 6PM my time so this will be one of the few maint that doesn't affect me. Assuming they don't eff something up and extend it.
    I am fully expecting it to be extended.. How often do major hardware overhauls go according to schedule after all? Will be happy to be wrong in this case though. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also this is SE we are talking about... somehow, someway this will have some weird crazy side effects.

Will Ronf rabbits finally drop riddils? Tune in next time!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1/NA1) NA player had a friend post on JPside about rewards from avatars being one-time only. They said that they will change it so that rewards can be reacquired. Interesting note: The main reply is on ENside and the JPside post points towards that.. Kinda nice that they directly answered a secondhand question.

JP2) Escutcheon stuff.. Answered several questions. They will be adding a way to recheck the recipes later. Focuser II is finished once the Transmutation bar is filled. They will be adding a way to change the menu priority later as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So when is this maintnance over eastern time? its now the 5th here and havent seen anything on pol or here

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    New devposts:

JP1/NA1) NA player had a friend post on JPside about rewards from avatars being one-time only. They said that they will change it so that rewards can be reacquired. Interesting note: The main reply is on ENside and the JPside post points towards that.. Kinda nice that they directly answered a secondhand question.

JP2) Escutcheon stuff.. Answered several questions. They will be adding a way to recheck the recipes later. Focuser II is finished once the Transmutation bar is filled. They will be adding a way to change the menu priority later as well.
    Didn't they say at one point they were going to make a quest to upgrade Evoker's Ring? I feel like they did...

Campaign
    BG Level

They did, they said the same for Black Belt. They did say something about Massacre Elegy as well.
    But several years passed and none of that happened. Clearly their plans changed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

NA1/JP1) Monthly Update detail notice is up. Patch Day is scheduled for the 11th. There are a bunch of things of note that I wasn't expecting:
    • Ambuscade is getting new equipment rewards, in addition to the standard reward rotation. I think the gimmick for V2 may actually have something to do w/ the halloween event rewards.. They say that there is some sort of link this month.. GOGO punkinhead DRG + Pitchfork+1!!
    • Omen KI stock is getting increased.
    • They decided to remove areas w/ battlefields from Conquest tally results rather than adjust the system itself or remove only the battlefield results themselves.
    • Adjustments to Coalition related equipment. Attributes, point cost, and point value when traded in.
    • If you call out all 5x AA trusts, something special happens. They mention "Here’s a little hint: it has something to do with an elemental magic adjustment we made to Divine Might many moons ago." I don't have a clue what that refers to. lol

Oh. And they are adding the new help text to WS for SC elements. :3

Campaign
    BG Level

Adjustments to Coalition related equipment. Attributes, point cost, and point value when traded in.
    What do they mean here? Not getting it.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New devpost:

NA1/JP1) Monthly Update detail notice is up. Patch Day is scheduled for the 11th. There are a bunch of things of note that I wasn't expecting:
    • Ambuscade is getting new equipment rewards, in addition to the standard reward rotation. I think the gimmick for V2 may actually have something to do w/ the halloween event rewards.. They say that there is some sort of link this month.. GOGO punkinhead DRG + Pitchfork+1!!
    • Omen KI stock is getting increased.
    • They decided to remove areas w/ battlefields from Conquest tally results rather than adjust the system itself or remove only the battlefield results themselves.
    • Adjustments to Coalition related equipment. Attributes, point cost, and point value when traded in.
    • If you call out all 5x AA trusts, something special happens. They mention "Here’s a little hint: it has something to do with an elemental magic adjustment we made to Divine Might many moons ago." I don't have a clue what that refers to. lol

Oh. And they are adding the new help text to WS for SC elements. :3
    Finally an update with some substance! Now to get caught up by next week.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

[*] If you call out all 5x AA trusts, something special happens. They mention "Here’s a little hint: it has something to do with an elemental magic adjustment we made to Divine Might many moons ago." I don't have a clue what that refers to. lol[/list]
    They pose like a team behind you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe they become immune to magic damage when all five are out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    We will find out next week. ^^;; As there was no mention of this sort of thing before, and there was no explanation given yet, we don't know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Finally an update with some substance! Now to get caught up by next week.
    You should like November then. XD They've already said that it'll be a Big Deal, and that's when we're likely to see the new battle content.

I've also got a feeling that the Omen KI timer will get reduced sometime around Feb (+/- 1 month,) so the increased KI stock was both unexpected and possibly prep for that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Something something Escutcheons and leakage?... I honestly don't know enough about the new stage of Escutcheons to properly interpret this one, so translation backup would be nice. >_>;;

Honestly, everything in this thread, including player posts, would probably be great to know on this side, but I have absolutely zero confidence in translating technical+detailed stuff that I don't understand myself.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

New devpost:

JP1) Something something Escutcheons and leakage?... I honestly don't know enough about the new stage of Escutcheons to properly interpret this one, so translation backup would be nice. >_>;;

Honestly, everything in this thread, including player posts, would probably be great to know on this side, but I have absolutely zero confidence in translating technical+detailed stuff that I don't understand myself.
    My guess on the leakage is this: you make progress over time on powering up a crystal. But, breaks or poor planning can lead to an explosion, and a loss of that progress (sometimes by a LOT). On a process that's already extremely frustrating, this is just another level of crotch-kicking. THink of it like every time you turned in 100 O. Bronzepieces, there was a chance the Goblin not only took your pieces, but stole a few M. Silvers to boot.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    My guess on the leakage is this: you make progress over time on powering up a crystal. But, breaks or poor planning can lead to an explosion, and a loss of that progress (sometimes by a LOT). On a process that's already extremely frustrating, this is just another level of crotch-kicking. THink of it like every time you turned in 100 O. Bronzepieces, there was a chance the Goblin not only took your pieces, but stole a few M. Silvers to boot.
    So it's basically similar to Synergy?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So it's basically similar to Synergy?
    Except that you're also losing your material components.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Except that you're also losing your material components.
    So, similar but more painful. ><;; Gotcha. I still don't know enough about the details to be confident enough in my translation of related details in order to share though.. I don't like leading others astray if I can help it. ~_~

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If you want to PM it to me, I can let you know if it makes sense or not?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'd assume Peacekeepers crap and the bayld it costs/you get for turning it in to the mithra.