Closed Thread
Page 724 of 733 FirstFirst ... 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    [*] If you call out all 5x AA trusts, something special happens. They mention "Here’s a little hint: it has something to do with an elemental magic adjustment we made to Divine Might many moons ago." I don't have a clue what that refers to. lol[/list]
    I don't think they made an elemental magic adjustment to divine might itself but I think some of the adjustsments they did make were partly because of Divine might or more importantly how people were doing the 18 blms with timed thundaga III thing. IIrc in that era the "accumulative magic resistance " update. And I think maybe they adjusted the AoE penalty

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Weekly summary: nothing new, but does say that Mewk explains the details about leakage.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

New devpost:

JP1) Weekly summary: nothing new, but does say that Mewk explains the details about leakage.
    Her explanation talks about you getting the stamina bar down. But it's starting to happen to folks who have the bar at 100%.

This last stage of the shields is full of horsecrap.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone complained that scrolls of Maiden's Virelai were no longer dropping in Castle Oztroja and asked if/when they were removed. Dev reply was that it has NEVER dropped there (and verified this until at least as far back as 2003. lol)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

October Patch Notes are up!

• The amount of bayld required to purchase equipment from Vesca and Craggy Bluff in the Peacekeeper’s Coalition has been decreased.
      * These items now cost 1/10 of their previous amount. As such, the amount of bayld Runje Desaali will give you in exchange for them has been lowered as well.
    • Abdhaljs fiber has been added.
      Players may trade Abdhaljs fiber to Gorpa-Masorpa in Mhaura (G-9) together with a piece of equipment to reforge it. Normal equipment will become +1, and +1 equipment will become +2.
      * They added rings for these sets too.
    • Mystical canteen stock has been increased from 2 > 3.
    • Reforged Empyrean armor will now grant the set bonuses even if of varying ilvl.
    • A bunch of SoA purchasable Homestead weapons/armor have had their ilvl increased to 119.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Someone asked when the next CP Campaign would be, answered that they already said would be November.

JP2) The reasoning behind the raising of the PK weapons ilvl to 119 is that 119 is the second starting point, and returning players were having trouble bridging the gap since player ilvl affects Trust levels.

JP3) Weekly post summary. Nothing new, but much chatting about AAHM and the raising of PK weapon ilvls to ease the entrypoint roadblock for new/returning players. Also...
    Matsui: Finally I can invite Mau (Aphmau) to the Moghouse! It is furniture, though.
    XD

Still say they need something besides Sparks gear to make the returnees more entry level friendly. In theory, they could just bump that up like they did the PK weapons, but I get the feeling they'd want up the sparks cost or something.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Still say they need something besides Sparks gear to make the returnees more entry level friendly. In theory, they could just bump that up like they did the PK weapons, but I get the feeling they'd want up the sparks cost or something.
    Some of the PK armor got bumped up too (and cost slashed), which does help towards that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

NA1) We are getting our own run for the Recollections of Vana'diel contest! So looks like we are not getting left out of the chance to get a Well of our own. ^^
    Campaign Period
    From Monday, October 16, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. to Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
    We also get the benefit of not having to dick around w/ Twitter! \o/ They've set up special related threads in the OF along with this announcement and we just have to submit our screenshots in that thread (and use the prescribed format/template.)

Campaign Announcent and Rules
    "Practice" Thread
    (Final) Submissions Thread

One submission per player, Well is not POLsendable, assigned to a specific character, and will get inserted directly into your delivery box. If dbox is full or that character has world transferred since submission, you will lose your prize.

----------------------
    As a side-note, how the #$%^& do you take decent screenshots in-game?! ><;;;; I've tried messing with POLconfig, but what vanilla is spitting out still looks like photos of a Lego game. At least now I know where to look for them and that all the ones I've taken so far in the last few years also look like crap.... orz

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Too bad I can't enter because I'm fucking banned from the official forums.

Maybe I can create a second account lololol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Sounds like pumpkin furnishings are on the way w/ the Halloween event this year using the models they used for the 15th event.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The screenshot thing is a nice surprise, but they really should have told us that our turn is coming later.

The Well still has "CanSendPOL" as a tag, so they must be referring to not being able to transfer the prize to someone else if you win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Too bad I can't enter because I'm fucking banned from the official forums.

Maybe I can create a second account lololol.
    Lol shit guess I can't get this on my main. Fucking getting banned over some other clown picking a fight

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I could be wrong but... nothing in their rules say that the character you post has to be on the account you are posting... Am I wrong?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I've never had an official forum account, signed up for one just for a chance at the well. Unfortunately I can't select my main character and that is blocking me from posting to the forums. No matter what combination of options I try across mobile/desktop and 4 different browsers with and without adblock, it doesn't save my selections. I'd post about it on the official forums, but..... Any ideas?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When they say you can't enter twice, do they mean the same character or account? There are so few people posting their screenshots that I feel like i should get one for each mule.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As a side-note, how the #$%^& do you take decent screenshots in-game?! ><;;;; I've tried messing with POLconfig, but what vanilla is spitting out still looks like photos of a Lego game. At least now I know where to look for them and that all the ones I've taken so far in the last few years also look like crap.... orz
    There's an option for taking higher quality screenshots in the FFXI config. However, you don't actually have to take vanilla screenshots for this contest- they explicitly say it can be cropped, so cut out any plugins, etc. and log windows if you're especially paranoid. I did the JP contest and was able to win a Well, and none of my screenshots were vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by danpelope View Post
    So I've never had an official forum account, signed up for one just for a chance at the well. Unfortunately I can't select my main character and that is blocking me from posting to the forums. No matter what combination of options I try across mobile/desktop and 4 different browsers with and without adblock, it doesn't save my selections. I'd post about it on the official forums, but..... Any ideas?
    If I remember the process correctly, there should be like some stars next to the character listings where you have to click for it to actually count beyond selecting their main. It's not a very obvious process, at least.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    If I remember the process correctly, there should be like some stars next to the character listings where you have to click for it to actually count beyond selecting their main. It's not a very obvious process, at least.
    That star is a very non-obvious click target. That did it, thanks.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    There's an option for taking higher quality screenshots in the FFXI config. However, you don't actually have to take vanilla screenshots for this contest- they explicitly say it can be cropped, so cut out any plugins, etc. and log windows if you're especially paranoid. I did the JP contest and was able to win a Well, and none of my screenshots were vanilla.
    I tried those options and nothing changed in the screenshots taken. ><;; I already submitted my lego photo, so I'm covered, but was hoping to find out for future reference and for others.

This is what I submitted:

Beauty for the sake of being beautiful. :3