Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    You had the luxury of actually having a group. Don't have a static? You absolutely need a crutch job. Nobody was gonna invite you, random person, if the only job you had available was a shitty melee DD job. And at level cap, EVERY melee DD job was shitty.
    A group of "trash jobs" lol.
    And lets be honest, back in 2005 or whatever, people werent rollin 5 jobs deep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hell even if you could manage a static it was still often shitty players. Like you were just glad you had people that were on that mission that would do it with you and hopefully 1-2 others weren't terrible and that between you guys you could put together some sort of reasonable party for each fights. Like when I did it there was almost no English side shouts so it was literally group or shout for weeks. And the group I finally pretty much bullied to stay together after one shout run I think I was the only person who had 3 jobs that were at least level 50.... which still aint that much lol. Think 3-4 of the people only had one job over 30 and weren't buying much in the way of level capped gear at the time... meanwhile I was activating sorc ring at 50 baby

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally fixing the whole personal drop thing in D dynamis. Some talk about how that works with people who already got kill that I'm not too sure about

2.Potential ambuscade changes. Possibly half splitting on the multi trade thing. Make first trade only 1 but then can do multiple to minimize time error but still not be 20 trades in a row. And when buying out something in ambuscade have it be removed from the list so you don't keep trying to get something and it say you already got it. Look forward to these changes next summer <.<

New Merits
    BG Level

I'll be honest and say yeah, a lot of the challenge in the CoP expansions involved fighting the the game's pretty unforgiving (if not outright abusive) UX.

But somehow CoP was still a lot of fun.

Our LS got into a habit of doing all 3 Promy runs every weekend even after we beat CoP, not just for clears for other members but also for fun. the ENMs you could do later were done too. Yeah fighting your way through was the most reliable if you had random players or players you knew to be derp when it came to avoiding aggro.
    With people with their heads screwed on, just solid-snaking it to get to the top was usually OK.

If FFXI had a better way of handling grouping up with other players - and travelling to required locations, it would probably be held in much higher regard. Imagine if after getting to the burning circles for CoP missions, while that mission is active, you got some kind of free tele back there to pick-up where you left off when your group got online, even something that simple (and fair) would have saved countless hours.

In an age where Dark Souls is revered for its difficulty and how it rewards "skillful" play learnt the hard way, CoP-era FFXI should also get such consideration, UX stuff notwithstanding.

Especially when you think of that RDM tarutaru that soloed big stuff and how the ENMs could be duoed (before the the nerfs and uncapping and so on) as well as limbus for coins.

I'd like to think in the future there will be a real spiritual successor to FFXI in that era - in terms of how it weighed skillful play, gear choice and teamwork. Just one that's more reasonable when it comes to time investment to even begin group / cooperative content.

Edit: Bonus points if it took a step towards more action-RPG style direct control, we're not on dial-up anymore. Not like XIV ARRs hot garbage though. Never like that.

Edit: Bonus points if it took a step towards more action-RPG style direct control, we're not on dial-up anymore. Not like XIV ARRs hot garbage though. Never like that.
    What type of system are you imagining that is somewhere between FFXI's combat system and FFXIV (Current standard of modern MMOs)?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Doing Promyvions in the first week they were out (when the portals were open for literally 10 seconds and the Memory Receptacles were doing 600 with Empty Seed and had tons of defense) with pickup alliances was the worse experience I've ever had in my FFXI career, haha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Doing Promyvions in the first week they were out (when the portals were open for literally 10 seconds and the Memory Receptacles were doing 600 with Empty Seed and had tons of defense) with pickup alliances was the worse experience I've ever had in my FFXI career, haha.
    For me it was trying to do byakko the first time. Not the fight itself though it was kind of bad but at least me the tank and couple of support made it not terrible. No what was bad was that it took approximately 3 hours to gather for it. And I don't mean the time it took to get everyone together and organized I don't remember how long that took. No I'm talking about the time it took from us having formed parties and started heading out till getting to the spawn point. People getting told about magic agro and immediately casting sneak to get past elementals because ya know they agro sound. Mages who listened when we told them to bring oils/powders but just not using them. Or using them and understanding that is was because of agro and then immediately casting raise when someone died. People getting lost and ending up in completely different zones despite supposedly following. And the same people doing it over and over and over. People taking literally hours to run across a map that you can do in about 5 minutes. Holy hell it was terrible

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    For me it was trying to do byakko the first time. Not the fight itself though it was kind of bad but at least me the tank and couple of support made it not terrible. No what was bad was that it took approximately 3 hours to gather for it. And I don't mean the time it took to get everyone together and organized I don't remember how long that took. No I'm talking about the time it took from us having formed parties and started heading out till getting to the spawn point. People getting told about magic agro and immediately casting sneak to get past elementals because ya know they agro sound. Mages who listened when we told them to bring oils/powders but just not using them. Or using them and understanding that is was because of agro and then immediately casting raise when someone died. People getting lost and ending up in completely different zones despite supposedly following. And the same people doing it over and over and over. People taking literally hours to run across a map that you can do in about 5 minutes. Holy hell it was terrible
    I was on RDM/BLM in an xp party in sky one time and had three party members die to Faust. All in an area filled with magic aggro. Only me and two members lived, one was a PLD. I told the PLD my plan to Chainspell raise everyone and Escape, he agreed to keep magic aggro off me while I worked it. Got the raises off and escaped out back to Ru Aun Gardens with everyone alive and one of the party members said in broken English "RED MAGES ARE GOD".

Good times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    "RED MAGES ARE GOD".

Good times.
    Part of why I liked the job. If you knew what you could do you could do some real ass pulls at times and wow the n00bs. Once had a full alliance somehow wipe to Verdelet in stages. I spent the next 20 minutes solo kiting while they recovered in an area full of aggro including low hp so I basically couldn't afford to every get casted on. And I was /whm to heal those clowns lol. Even managed to take like 10% of hp off. They were pretty amazed. I was just like you know I solo kite several of the T1s and some T2s right?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    In 15 human years of Vana'Diel (which is like 2 centuries in game time), no one bothered to move that pillar from the stairs

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am I crazy or was there a Nyz Isle event supposed to be starting on the 10th. I swear I saw it but I can't find it anymore.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You have to go to the forum post to see it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can you link it? Just combed the forums and found nothing. (I'm banned maybe that's why?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Geez, I made the mistake of reading subsequent posts after the initial announcement. I'm pretty certain I lost some brain cells.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Geez, I made the mistake of reading subsequent posts after the initial announcement. I'm pretty certain I lost some brain cells.
    Don't read the official forums. That way lies madness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol people immediately complaining about how long it takes to download... and then admitting their service is part of the problem. GG

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Severe lack of dev post links lately, so here we go:

• 11/30 Ambuscade UI - They are looking at removing items from "Total Hallmarks Earned" category as they are puchased, like the Hallmarks category does. They also said they are looking into allowing multiple trades (After the first trade) of consecutive cape upgrade items.
    • 12/1 Recap - Looks like they are implementing the Re-Questing of Avatar Quest related reward items in April of 2018. New mounts will only be assets or creatures that already exist in-game.
    • 12/1 Relic/Artifact 119 - Complaints on why there is not much accuracy on relic +2/+3. They said that AF is focused on accuracy, and relic is focused on attack stats. They also said to mix and match... Spectulation: Perhaps we will get a set bonus on relic later to increase attack?
    • 12/5 Re-entry into Dynamis [D] - They may shorten the lock out period, but not anytime soon. They are afraid the entry time to wait might exceed an hour due to the increased zone generation load on the servers. Evaluation will continue on whether it will be possible to shorten it later.
    • 12/7 Dynamis [D] Upgrade Material - Complaint about how long it takes to upgrade relic by collecting the badges. Stated that Dynamis D was designed the way it was so that players didn't over lot upgrade items, and instead they divided it by job to disperse the item demand.
    • 12/11 Rare Magic Scrolls - Adding other ways to obtain popular/expensive scrolls such as Mage's Ballad II, Army's Paeon V, and Thunder Spirit Pact.
    • 12/13 Entry into Dynamis [D] again - Cannot set a separate timer for each Dynamis D area, as the same issue answered before will occur due to a common server handling both areas.
    • 12/14 Zucchini and Paprika - Complaint that these two items are too rare. Stated multiple means to obtain both, but that Zucchini is more common than Paprika, so they are considering new ways of obtaining Paprika.
    • 12/14 Complaint that Relic+2 mats do not drop after midboss - Adding a system to continue to obtain wave 1 (relic +2) materials.
    • 12/15 Let's Go! Vana'diel Day! - Event will continue each month until May 2018.
    • 12/18 Oboro JSE Weapons - Changing the quest so that Iridal Staff is no longer a required weapon for Kaladanda, Gridarvor or Coeus.
    • 12/19 Mythic Weapons Quest - A player seems to have started on a different mythic weapon quest after obtaining the "Blank" Mythic Weapon, and did not finish fully unlocking it... They asked if they can continue the quest to finish the weapon, and was told no.
    • 12/19 December's Vana'diel Day - The JP community seems to have really enjoyed the event.
    • 12/20 Smithing Escutcheon - Player said that the enchantment on the shield might be broken, as they were still obtaining NQ results. Player was instructed to submit a bug report, and that other equipment might be having an unintentional effect on the enchantment.
    • 12/21 Login Campaign rewards - No plans to add Boulders/Plutons/Beitetsu to the login campaign. WoE coins and liminial residue will be added in January's login campaign.
    • 12/22 - Hard to obtain Scrolls - Added Maiden's Virelai to the list of scrolls possibly implemented by other means.

They mentioned a Mog House Decorating Contest this month, no word on an announcement date yet. Maybe on the 26th. It will probably be JP onry at first, then NA/EU sometime next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Let's Go! Vana'diel Day![/URL] - Event will continue each month until May 2018.
    Cornelia goes away May 2018 too, what happens May 2018...

/doomsday

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

RIP my trust config

Back to trying to fit dual bards to insure double march