Closed Thread
Page 207 of 733 FirstFirst ... 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Lol wonder how bad the hak nerf is gonna be.
    Pretty much any nerf is going to be bad. Hak fishing is already horrible gil per hour to begin with. The last big npc price nerf I specifically remember outside of blinkers was in half. Blinkers iirc are what 1/4 what they used to be so yeah gunna suck.

There are a couple of soa fish that npc for 3k but don't bite any better than Haks so who cares. Most the fish that actually sell decent are used to make ebisu or lu shangs which will dry up after this. And the food market fish isn't exactly huge or have much room for more people getting into it...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Wards becoming undispellable with three runes up is pretty huge
    Finally... been saying that's how they should've been since they came out

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Pretty much any nerf is going to be bad. Hak fishing is already horrible gil per hour to begin with. The last big npc price nerf I specifically remember outside of blinkers was in half. Blinkers iirc are what 1/4 what they used to be so yeah gunna suck.

There are a couple of soa fish that npc for 3k but don't bite any better than Haks so who cares. Most the fish that actually sell decent are used to make ebisu or lu shangs which will dry up after this. And the food market fish isn't exactly huge or have much room for more people getting into it...
    Thought I read mention somewhere that they were gonna add Adoulin fish to Zaldon. Maybe we'll get another crafting shawl like item from there.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No more .85 @.@

the power..I can feel it growing inside me.

Nerfing Hakuryus is a good thing, really. Arguments of it being terrible gil/hour don't really matter when I doubt a single fisher up there isn't botting. In terms of gil/hour-of-play, I don't think there's anything better.

It was fun while it lasted but I doubt even people that bot Haks all day will argue that it's unreasonable for them to be nerfing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    No more .85 @.@

the power..I can feel it growing inside me.
    Honestly, I never quite understood the point of that multiplier. They probably figured if they were going to overhaul all the stat mods anyway you might as well remove that extra multiplier that doesn't really serve any purpose other than just make the calculation more complicated (unless you think they actually sat down and crunched numbers for days until they realized perfect alpha values for each level). It was just one of those things from early XI design that was part of them not wanting players to figure out how the game worked and just go by "I feel like this made me stronger". They probably finally realized the online gaming community isn't anything like that though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ShinseiRyu View Post
    Thought I read mention somewhere that they were gonna add Adoulin fish to Zaldon. Maybe we'll get another crafting shawl like item from there.
    True that will be good for the actually people fishing. But I don't think this will be as effective an anti-rmt tool as they think. As is right now just spark farming or just cruor botting can make similar or more gil than hak fishing now... and with the last update they made it a lot easier to do both at the same time.

But whatever I barely fish anymore. Boats are camped 24/7 so often spend almost as much time trying to get minnows as fishing and I don't have the invent space to make minnows anymore.... plus there are so many better ways to make gil if you are going to actually be playing that farming/making bait is kinda meh. Especially with solo salvage now.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    In terms of gil/hour-of-play, I don't think there's anything better.
    idk the avg time spent to get the idk how many minnows required for a nights worth of fishing, I did it like once or twice and said it was absolutely retarded and went off to make gil more efficiently. Back when I did it I recall people spending upwards of 4hrs to get enough minnows for the night, so I'll just use that as the target time to avoid going over.

Salvage 12-18min (boss rush) 50-99alex (475 - 940k)
    Salvage Alex farm 34-42min - 30(or more if cotton drops) + 50-99alex (760k - 1.22m +)
    Skirmish 3 - (??? time, under an hour I imagine) - wailing stone +1 (100k) +2 (900k)
    Delve (25-35minutes) - Tojil 1m, Daku 1m Muyingwa 3m Tree 3m Lion 3-6m Bird 3m + 75k - 100k plasma, excluding any +2 drops because they're uncommon in my experience to consider the chance.

Along the way of doing all of this you're getting merits that can be used to go kill an AA for a drop which is worth anywhere from 30k to 700k+.

All these prices based on the server I play on, I don't know the average time you would spend to get minnows on one character, or two, or three or however many bots you're running but when you start to consider there are better ways to invest your time by just playing the game. If you can't find people to do any of the stuff above with even tho 2 of the options are soloable then maybe time to consider spending $18 and look for a more populated server to play on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do you get that much gil from Delve v2? Only 1 boss crafting item drops, and you don't get enough plasm to buy one from a single run.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The way I've been doing delve is your pop your drop, pick 1 thing(crafting mat) and the rest is all FL.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The solution to all your gil woes is to get mules and multibox delve!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The way I've been doing delve is your pop your drop, pick 1 thing(crafting mat) and the rest is all FL.
    That's interesting. The pop items are so ridiculously cheap these days, none of the groups I go with would ever agree to that, so the crafting mat is freelot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    idk the avg time spent to get the idk how many minnows required for a nights worth of fishing, I did it like once or twice and said it was absolutely retarded and went off to make gil more efficiently. Back when I did it I recall people spending upwards of 4hrs to get enough minnows for the night, so I'll just use that as the target time to avoid going over.
    The great thing about Haks is that every single step is solo and completely danger-free and pretty much idiotproof. I'm sure you could probably program a bot to take your through salvage or something but I'm sure that's something only a minority of people would bother doing. With Haks the basic thing you do is:

1. Use an AH tool to buy grass fiber/ingots or bot-synth them
    2. Bot synth Minnows
    3. Move your character to Glacier
    4. Start your fish bot
    5. Go to work/study/sleep/whatever
    6. ?????

Alternatively you can skip the first two steps and just buy a ton of a minnows from the guild. This is of course varies with server and whatnot, but it takes almost no time. I was able to get a full day's worth of minnows and then some from buying from the guild for months, actually. Even if I didn't (or a patch just came and every single bot broke) I could just go "meh" and then turn my computer off and wait for another day when I got lucky with it. It's free gil for close to no effort- there isn't a single step where you don't need maybe more than like a minute of actual input (except for maybe walking to glacier, but given that I see people brazenly using cupper in town these days I'm guessing people just zip around at 200% speed or whatever all day erry day).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

alpha correction removal is extremely unexpected. that's another 15% boost to WSC. gonna be fucking incredible WS damage going around, kinda scary and overall way overkill

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    alpha correction removal is extremely unexpected. that's another 15% boost to WSC. gonna be fucking incredible WS damage going around, kinda scary and overall way overkill
    Pretty much this. Another boon to 1H users, but it worries me a little. I fear that we may look back and curse this patch like the skill patch.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, undispellable wards for RUN is a massive buff to the job.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Damn at the alpha removal. That's separate from the other said changes? Shit will be crazy

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

BLU's going to be doing some stupid stuff after this update.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Honestly, I never quite understood the point of that multiplier. They probably figured if they were going to overhaul all the stat mods anyway you might as well remove that extra multiplier that doesn't really serve any purpose other than just make the calculation more complicated (unless you think they actually sat down and crunched numbers for days until they realized perfect alpha values for each level). It was just one of those things from early XI design that was part of them not wanting players to figure out how the game worked and just go by "I feel like this made me stronger". They probably finally realized the online gaming community isn't anything like that though.
    It's a level corrector; weaponskills change in power depending on level due to the alpha correction term. It's easier to just have that than to make separate WSC for every correction range.

and yeah i'm extremely interested to see what this does to BLU. unlikely to put us on top, but likely to make us a candidate for DD slots. when everyone is pushing out 5~8k WSs on already easy content, which DD you bring is going to matter a lot less.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pyrrhic Kleos is going to do 30% more damage after the patch than it did before it. Also, they're promising increased TP gain? Wat?

I almost wish they had nerfed my TP gain by 25% and given me 30% more damage, so my overall DPS was about the same but I WSed less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    It's a level corrector; weaponskills change in power depending on level due to the alpha correction term. It's easier to just have that than to make separate WSC for every correction range.
    I know what it does, I've just always thought it was pointless because the correction range is pretty much arbitrary. Why have this value that shifts down, and then back up again based on the player's level rather than just designing your monsters and player stats/equipment in the first place so that the weapon skills are doing what you "want" them to be doing? Besides, I doubt SE ever sat down and went, "okay, for level 80, 0.85 seems like a universally well-balanced number to apply to every single weapon skill stat multiplier". To me it always just seemed like something to complicate game formulas so they were harder for players to figure out.