Closed Thread
Page 704 of 733 FirstFirst ... 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i am going to guess it will be food items with like 4 str 10 hp and shit. They havent figured out the game has like 100 food items or more and people stick to less than 10 cause no food is better than those ones. Theres no level requirement so people would just use them no matter what. Frustrates me when they add shit like that cause its resources that could go to anything better that players have actually asked for.
    Well right now it doesn't make sense but a lot of them didn't exist at first or were expensive/had at the time rare ingredients. And some seemed to be designed around having higher percent bonuses but lower caps giving them pseudo level requirements

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

i am going to guess it will be food items with like 4 str 10 hp and shit. They havent figured out the game has like 100 food items or more and people stick to less than 10 cause no food is better than those ones. Theres no level requirement so people would just use them no matter what. Frustrates me when they add shit like that cause its resources that could go to anything better that players have actually asked for.
    Well, the focus of that thread was actually the lack of mage food, particularly for healers, so there is hope that they won't be Two-Cheese Sandwiches. Not too happy about the amazingly vague timing used tho... basically boils down to "we intend to add at least 2x food items before service ends." -_-;;; Am happy about a non-JP origin devpost tho. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) ... I'm pretty lost on this tbh. Doesn't make sense to me even in Japanese. lol ><;;
    Something about the 15th events.. Pretty sure it's a throwaway comment and not important at least. Maybe they're just going to go with "fun" things from now on?
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    July delivered serious monsters.
    I will continue to deliver a bit of change with a loose direction like July, so please look forward to it!
    Don't appear to be any major trans errors for once too..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe they'll add Cheese Sandwiches with the crust cut off

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well right now it doesn't make sense but a lot of them didn't exist at first or were expensive/had at the time rare ingredients. And some seemed to be designed around having higher percent bonuses but lower caps giving them pseudo level requirements
    What i mean mostly is alot of gear and food lately except for the few good ones its like literally the same items just different model sometimes. maybe -1 this stat or another. Theres alot of time im choosing between armor peices and they are almost identical. And you could say well armor being added from different sources allows some people starting back up to get caught up but the content that drops said new peices would never allow for someone wihtout decent gear in the first place.

Dont get me started on event gear that dispenses useless food items. I get it its an orange and this event might have something to do with oranges, but please dont waste dev time makin a food item nobody is goin to even dispense cause its useless. As difficult as everything sounds to do in this game when told by the devs i cant imagine makin a food item would be easy. i mean they gotta draw the icon too you know! </sarcasm>

Campaign
    BG Level

I kinda share your point of view, I bet everybody over these boards do.
    Players like us see things and addition in term of utility, useability, their role in the game. If something is gonna be useless... why even bother to add it and waste their reduced and precious resources on when they could be working on balancing stuff or adding stuff players like us would enjoy?
    There's no denying such a logic, of course it makes us bitter.

But developers have a different point of view, they see things from a broader stance. It's the same reason why they added so many useless trusts, because they wanted people to "enjoy" a certain character because... it was that character, not because of its utility.
    I'm not trying to justify them, just saying what their logic for the majority of things is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) They are working on reducing (already reduced?) frame creation times to gameday waits. They have decided to also reduce the remaining JPmid waits involved with making Automaton heads to gameday waits for the NPC's dialogue. They quote the item names as "Pearl Aries" and "Flint Capricorn" in katakana.. No clue what those match up to in the English client. Also, don't keep up w/ PUP updates, are frames already down to gameday or is that incoming still?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What i mean mostly is alot of gear and food lately except for the few good ones its like literally the same items just different model sometimes. maybe -1 this stat or another. Theres alot of time im choosing between armor peices and they are almost identical. And you could say well armor being added from different sources allows some people starting back up to get caught up but the content that drops said new peices would never allow for someone wihtout decent gear in the first place.

Dont get me started on event gear that dispenses useless food items. I get it its an orange and this event might have something to do with oranges, but please dont waste dev time makin a food item nobody is goin to even dispense cause its useless. As difficult as everything sounds to do in this game when told by the devs i cant imagine makin a food item would be easy. i mean they gotta draw the icon too you know! </sarcasm>
    Eh? Game has always been about sidegrades and a lot being similar. Well outside of those brief periods where they greatly increased the power level in gear but that's obviously not sustainable from just game play standpoint (at least with this player base) let alone resources.

But mind clarifying what you mean by recently and what gear/food?

Because literally the only food added in over a year has been one of the best food additions in the game and also incredibly unique being the first good party food, first party food that also gave pet stats and was double the current best macc food for players and 5 times more macc for pets.

This year the non event gear released has been su3 (buyable) which had highly unique/rare stats, the last 2 ambuscade sets as well as +2ing them (designed to be done albeit slower in sparks gear even solo. A group of even meh geared should still be able to progress decently) which like most sets are hit or misses but had some level of uniqueness for the jobs on them, the ambuscade rings (also easy content) which while different were shit, soa quest rings (hardest thing about them is the time investment) and were strict upgrades to the nqs which were often the BiS already and everyone wishes they could have several, moonbow stuff (buyable) which was all vast improvements on old things in those slots, those stupid crafted weapons (buyable) but largely meh. think they were supposed to be like the SU weapons easy to get 119 or something, moonbeam/light gear (buyable) huge improvements in those slots but mostly for tanks, and finally regal gear (Ou) most of which offered rather large improvements/unique stats but is also the only gear you can't either solo in sparks gear or just buy released this entire year

I'd actually rate recently as for what they have actually released (which is fairly little) one of the better times and only time it really saw bigger across the board improvements was introduction of soa/ilvl, and powerful new augments like skirmish, reisinjima, and 119 abjs

Event gear... well it's event gear it's just for funsies and occasionally somewhat useful. Some people like events some don't. As such they are extremely reluctant to "force" players to do events for gear (though no qualms about it for furnishing and trusts lol) and have to do things that have small niche uses or can rarely do something awesome (you aint lived till you got a shank from behemoth equip)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Sylvie Trust behavior regarding acc/atk is working as intended even if the player's acc drops due to a temporary mob buff (or player debuff like blind/flash.) Priority is acc > atk. Nothing mentioned about her many other flaws, such as bizarreness when you are a mage (she still likes to cast Precision since most mages can't hit things,) usefulness cut in half until she gains access to Entrust, funky Cure priorities, etc. -_-;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) HUGE post by Fujito about requests for additional storage, and it's a solid, resounding "NO".
    * Regarding a request for job specific wardrobes, it would be akin to adding 22x more bags to the current 12, which would totally overload the system in several places even if only one of them is accessible at any one time.
    * Regarding a suggestion for using the slip system for expanded job specific storage, there are the usual technical problems w/ augmented gear, can't be used for stackable items (ammo and jugs in particular,) possible issues with Rare tagged items, and something about the data structure of the slips, all of which prevent this solution.

This is a very abbreviated summary, but that should be all that most of us need/want to know. There do appear to be some rather detailed explanations on how the data structures can't handle what was requested, but I don't want to transcribe all of that. If you are interested, click the link, right-click the page and translate it. GTrans did a decent job as long as you mentally convert "Auctions" to "Augments". lol

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is quite the catch 22.

Goal is to run a business. Add stuff. People can't hold all said stuff. Sell space to people. People pay for space and it's not enough. Can't add more places to put the Carlinesque "stuff", but need to make more stuff.

All sounds worse than Blink 182. I would say that we should have learned after all the inventory "no"s over the years only to be lies (PS2 rimitarions!) That this would also be one eventually. However, if they are getting specific for once (holy shit) then maybe the jig is up.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I agree. The PS2 limitations thing was a bit of a copout. It was probably true and did factor into why we couldn't get Wardrobe 3&4 until Console support was dropped. One thing I think they shot themselves in the foot about was the idiotic random augment system. The augments prevent it from being slip storable which I think could solve a bunch of problems. The Path Augment items I think COULD be stored (only if completed) but I fear it would be a huge undertaking since each piece would have to be accounted for 4 times. (i.e. Almeric Coif (A), Almeric Coif (B), Almeric Coif (C), Almeric Coif (D)) So that times the 11 of just the i119 Abjs alone makes 220 items to store on 1 slip. (55 slot pieces (11 sets x 5 slots) x 4 Aug Variants= 220 pieces)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Problem with augments isn't that they can't be store but that the way SE has done is they aren't able to ship additional data with the item. So there is only one option. Now that works for things like augments on relic where you just make the only augment on it possible storable but not the unaugmented but multiple paths is a bit different. That said there are weird oddities to that argument from their end. Like that's also why you can't send items... but additional data on fish does send via dbox but gets wiped on the ah

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly post summary. Nothing new.

JP2) There are apparently several factors that go into conquest rankings. Valefor has the odd situation where the 2nd place nation controls more regions than 1st place, but it seems that exp gained and number of battles fought also contribute to the rankings.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

POL Frontpage: The Summer Alter Ego Extravaganza starts Aug. 1st.
    Personally getting quite irritated that they continue to refuse to update the Extravaganzas to account for 5x of 'em that are now always available from RoE. ><;;;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Personally getting quite irritated that they continue to refuse to update the Extravaganzas to account for 5x of 'em that are now always available from RoE. ><;;;
    Especially given that RoE accounts for most of the good ones in that selection (except Ferreous Coffin, offhand).

It kind of fits the general trend of not even trying that the update, login campaign, "special event" on the 15th, and so on have been this month.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Especially given that RoE accounts for most of the good ones in that selection (except Ferreous Coffin, offhand).

It kind of fits the general trend of not even trying that the update, login campaign, "special event" on the 15th, and so on have been this month.
    Not really. They're on record (and asking for forgiveness lol) that they are focusing on developing new battle content and that a few months' worth of updates would be rather scanty. Login campaign content is due to JP player demand, not laziness. If you want to change things, watch the Freshly Picked broadcasts on NicoNico Premium and answer them when they ask for suggestions. (I've got a Free account and got kicked last time due to high traffic..) The 15th events will probably be more on the "fun" side like this month.

The Extravaganza thing has been a personal pet peeve of mine since they added the ROEs. I think that replacing them in the Extravaganza w/ login ciphers would be a benefit for all (who don't have everything already at least.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

NA1/JP1) August update details, posted on both sides, but found the translation more amusing:
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    "The biggest item this time is adjustment of monk's ability. Since there are some usability changes for some abilities, it would be greatly appreciated if you join a monster and a fist after implementation and post that feel to the official forum."
    They are also going to be raising damage for certain trusts and adjusting damage/delay for certain equipment, and changing which ROV KI unlocks coffer keys for sale to help newbies w/ AF quests.

JP2) Weekly post summary. There are several JP-onry events apparently...
    [list][*]Crossover event with FF Grand Masters. They're giving a list of 16 FFXI NPCs to be voted on and the winner will be added to FFGM, and they'll release a wallpaper of the winning character for FFXI players.[*]They are holding an offline meeting Aug.25 hosted by Dengeki Brigade. It's a 2.5hr paid event, and the FFXI devs are scheduled to appear. Entry fee is 5000yen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I dont understand why there isnt a slip for unity drops... They arent auged and just a nq and hq.

I dont understand why there isnt a slip for unity drops... They arent auged and just a nq and hq.
    I've asked for that like 4 or 5 times. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Well, I'm lying, it makes perfect sense to me. Wardrobe money. Overcrowding inventory is the number 2 easiest way to steal more money in an MMO/p2w game.