BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 675 of 733 FirstFirst ... 625 665 673 674 675 676 677 685 725 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Frazzle is quite easy to land on dark neutral stuff in comparison to most other enfeebles neutral to the target. The problem is when you run up against mobs with enormous innate darkness resist, which makes sticking it on any mob not much weaker than you go from easy to extremely difficult, or even impossible, without the ability to immunobreak to get past it.

Darkness is likely the element with the most mob types innately resistant to it, so this happens more often than one would like. Almost all undead and demons have sky high dark resist, quite a few arcana do as well, and then there are a number of other miscellanous mob types in other families that also have really high dark resistance, like Belladonnas and Gnats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd says it's a bit of a stretch to say sky high for all families in a type had super resistance. For example lvling up outside of specific resistances/immunities to sleep always had a relatively easy time landing dark spells on ghost, doomed, hounds, skeletons, demons. But then things like higher lvl imps were much much harder.

Speaking of which looking back at the macc/meva/etc pages and they had some specific mobs. They had lvl 77 qiqirn at 290 meva to stone and lvl 80 imps had 390 to sleep. Assuming qiqirn were neutral and mobs gain meva similar to C skill lvls like players were idr if it was assumed or proven that'd put imps resistance to sleep and likely dark in general at around 85. Kind of high but imps were also one of the worst back then in that regard and I'd imagine the not as bad families might be 40 or less. Which is fairly overcomable.... if the base meva wasn't built around you already having to be fairly pimped out in the first place.

That said it's kind of moot since SE in the past has said they do nms differently and just set the stats and resistances to whatever level they want. And I wouldn't doubt that back when they started the whole anti enfeeble campaign they didn't just start making it standard practice to give more dark resistance from people sleeping shit back in the day.

On a super aside that's based on really old data but pretty sure jp side has done more testing since not that long ago someone posted something from jp that was an updated model on dints effect on macc so if anyone with jp skills and the inclination to peruse jp wiki could look there actually might be some on these related subjects

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That's because they said for monsters they don't take elemental resistance into account for regular enfeebles with resist traits like Sleep, Blind, etc. which is why it's not hard to sleep/blind most dark-resistant things except those that have an immunity trait. But Frazzle only checks against dark resist, not "blind resist" like if you're casting blind, some monsters may have an innate barblind on them (so to speak), or even specifically Resist!Blind trait, but nothing has barfrazzle or Resist!frazzle so things that have high "bardarkness" are an issue for frazzle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should note that after the immunobreak update their are 2 types of immunities. One that gives the message completely resists or whatever and you'll never land and one that just gives the normal resist message but you'll also never land the effect without immunobreak (and even then only capping at around 50% chance with only 1 )or the rdm sp2 and still getting half resists or likely just SDT duration lowering. That's the update that made previously impossible stuff possible like sleeping skeletons. And then of course there is just the actual traits and higher resistances. Since initial macc testing SE has really complicated how resistance works. But limited testing suggests they have resistance that acts more or less like a meva to that debuff, one that is just a straight hit rate reduction and/or hit rate cap after macc/meva but that factors in things like immunobreak/stymie and then one is after even those and then whatever the fuck the actual trait resist traits are

Edit: Oh shit Camate's leaving

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The games are both so stale and dead that even the community teams are looking for an out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The games are both so stale and dead that even the community teams are looking for an out.
    Has basically nothing to do with why he's leaving.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yay glassy thinker nerfs

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sounds like less of a nerf and more of a "how it should have been"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I probably would have just prevented consecutive uses and either reduced the conversion a bit or made it so it only converted damage over X amount, but I'll take it. I'm tired of that prick monster's bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heck even something as simple as giving a second leeway after it readies it would've been fine. It's one thing to expect us to react to a move being readied or get rekt it's another to have to anticipate it before it's even readied or hope you don't get unlucky

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Heck even something as simple as giving a second leeway after it readies it would've been fine. It's one thing to expect us to react to a move being readied or get rekt it's another to have to anticipate it before it's even readied or hope you don't get unlucky
    Move to Japan pleb!! get on that 40ms ping

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So new dev post. Seems jps have been bitching a lot about job card acquisition/trade in. They've realized that the mid boss really hampers farming for a lot of people and might implement a way to choose a route that has no mid boss.

Edit: seems English up too now. Guess they making it so you can also not do boss. Yay I guess for card farming.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So new dev post. Seems jps have been bitching a lot about job card acquisition/trade in. They've realized that the mid boss really hampers farming for a lot of people and might implement a way to choose a route that has no mid boss.

Edit: seems English up too now. Guess they making it so you can also not do boss. Yay I guess for card farming.
    Much better system for sure once this in place. This can definitely 'fix' Omen if its implemented in a timely manner since it will inspire people not in statics to want to do the content but not get stuck behind the Thinker's BS skills.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

its funny cauase that is how it sounded it was going to go before Omen was released to me. They acted like you could choose to farm normal mobs or do bosses. then omen came out with the one path and i was like huh?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couple more dev posts. One is addressing the concern that the upcoming domain invasion campaign might be pointless since you don't get loot anyways with the way players rush these things during campaigns. Dev indicates you will be able to get loot at low evaluations. And another one affirming yes those characters you see farming dynamis for hours are in fact cheating

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I thought the main purpose to domain invasion campaign was for number of kills to unlock those vorseals more than items.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pretty sure item droprate is static. When I kill them for area blessings, I use the same MB setup I farm other mobs with. This includes a useless THF, who either does nothing or casts a single dia to pretend TH works. He's gotten both items off naga raja and torque off of quetzacoatl.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I thought the main purpose to domain invasion campaign was for number of kills to unlock those vorseals more than items.
    For most people it is but idk the campaign almost sounds like their will be new drops. Also some people do it to farm lixers/stones

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

For most people it is but idk the campaign almost sounds like their will be new drops. Also some people do it to farm lixers/stones
    DI campaigns are: NoFly, NoAdds, and increased rate of capping evals (IIRC.) Maybe there was also increased augment item drops, but pretty sure it doesn't affect gear drops (or add anything new to the loot pools.) I am pretty sure that none of the campaigns are "new" and should probably be identical to the versions used before.

Dragons are also the fastest way to get beads. Got a few lsmates planning to join me on the train so they can get started on their aeonics and/or stock up on 'lixir+2s.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ive been told people were posting about how any armor/weapon of that zone is droppin from dragons now. I havent found the posts myself yet though.