Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

IDK why FFXI Devs are so fucking obtuse and obscure. FFXIV devs tell you how everything works from day 1. I guess this new Boost is supposed to hearken back to oldschool FF MNKs who can waste a "turn" on a boost for double damage on their next.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am honestly not sure if I should call all those changes to MNK a buff or a nerf...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am honestly not sure if I should call all those changes to MNK a buff or a nerf...
    I think that /MNK got a buff at least. I find it amazingly ironic that DW'ers get a lower duration Boost than MNK/h2h. ^^;;

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Would need a tad more data as there are a ton of things involved in dmg formulas
    Maybe I can help with this. Since just made the account to try and share results of my testing over here with those doing more testing, I can't link to the Thread on the official forum posted my results in. Recorded stuff such as level tested at, Weapon used, Str, unboosted weapon skill damage range, boosted weaponskill damage range. Its in the Official Forums General Discusion Thread titled "15 sec of just standing around after using a "Boost"ed-(H2H) ws..."

With using Leg Sweep, Tachi: Hobaku, and Shoulder Tackle on South Gustaberg Tunnel Worms, what I have been seeing while was just testing to find out if Boost was or was not affecting WS's is that it was affecting them like this Base Weapon Skill Damage +1/3rd Str. With the additional information of the wait increasing bonus, did minimal testing with Gae Derg+1 (~23s Boost duration in my gear) varying wait time. So it looks to be working like this Base Weapon Skill damage + (1/3rd STR * Time multiplier). The time multiplier looked to be 1.0 with less than 25% boost duration elapsed, 2.0 from 25-50%, 3.0 from 50%-75%, and 4.0 from 75%-100%. As the weapon skills I was using were 1hit, 1.0 fTP, and Tp-> status effect, I don't know if the bonus is being multiplied by fTP, or applying to all hits of a multihit skill. Hopefully my testing helps pin down the boost changes quicker. Only have 23Mnk, so most was using it as a subjob.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    IDK why FFXI Devs are so fucking obtuse and obscure. FFXIV devs tell you how everything works from day 1. I guess this new Boost is supposed to hearken back to oldschool FF MNKs who can waste a "turn" on a boost for double damage on their next.
    omg i hate those kind of mechanics. Pokemans has them alot... "oh hai! you can knock out your opponent if you do this one move twice! or you can boost and do twice the damage your next turn!" You are still using two turns whats the point!?

Here I am getting hopeful again! Maybe they will fix boost.

Aug. 11, 2017 22:11 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 13)

We will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below, during which FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 13, 2017 22:00 to 23:30 (PDT)
    * Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
    All Worlds

* The World Transfer Service will be suspended 30 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I just noticed this from the earlier campaign announcement on POL frontpage:
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign
    Geas Fete notorious monsters in Reisenjima through Arcane Glyptics can be engraved with arcane glyptics up to six times at no additional charge, with the equipment receiving the same benefits as if they were engraved with dark matter.
    * Visit Oseem in Norg (I-7) to engrave your equipment.
    * At 8:00 a.m. (PDT) each day (Earth time), the restriction is lifted and you will be able to engrave your equipment up to six times again.
    Apparently, we can augment the NMs. >_>;;

..... How the heck does such a major translation error make it through to the public? lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Zero proofreading after typing it up/ copy-pasting from older campaigns because an unpaid intern is in charge of uploading the NA PoL posts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it's said that before.

So what the heck is todays maintenance for?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah it's said that before.

So what the heck is todays maintenance for?
    Probably just to turn on the campaigns starting today. They didn't say squat about what it's for tho, so fingers crossed for MNK fixes to be fixed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Probably just to turn on the campaigns starting today. They didn't say squat about what it's for tho, so fingers crossed for MNK fixes to be fixed?
    Don't usually need a maintenance to turn on campaigns though. No way they'd plan to do one set of campaigns to start 3 days after the other if that was the case

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't usually need a maintenance to turn on campaigns though. No way they'd plan to do one set of campaigns to start 3 days after the other if that was the case
    They've been doing that at least the last few months tho.. Maint to push the update patch, then another one to turn on login campaigns...

Servers are back up and no follow-up post so far. :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

login patch already happened i thought. Well they fixed something bout tp with boost but not any of our complaints about boost.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    login patch already happened i thought. Well they fixed something bout tp with boost but not any of our complaints about boost.
    There was a complaint on JPside that H2H WS were not getting bonus TP from Boost, while other weapons' multihit WS were, and the devs flipped it from "MNK is missing something, please add it" into "There should be no extra TP, so we are removing it from all WS" and immediately declared it a bug. >_>;;

Knew it was incoming, joked about them doing a 911 maint for it, didn't actually expect them to jump on it THIS fast though. /sigh

So actually, this was a nerf to prevent exploiting the silly TP return on at least certain specific WS. Fast Blade was reported as returning 444TP, Heavy Swing was 680TP. I guess it might've been nerf-worthy IF Boost wasn't on a 1min CD. I suspect that when they got the report, they couldn't figure out how to fix it for H2H, so nerfed everything else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They've been doing that at least the last few months tho.. Maint to push the update patch, then another one to turn on login campaigns...

Servers are back up and no follow-up post so far. :/
    Log in campaigns are different and this one has been on for awhile. Those seem to be more like happenstance. The log ins are on a pretty much tight schedule and if updates happen to be close by oh well

Also lol at having an unscheduled maintenance for 2 hours just to make boost even worse

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Log in campaigns are different and this one has been on for awhile. Those seem to be more like happenstance. The log ins are on a pretty much tight schedule and if updates happen to be close by oh well

Also lol at having an unscheduled maintenance for 2 hours just to make boost even worse
    To be fair, it does seem that the extra TP for non-H2H was an actual bug, since it was not included in the description patch notes. I figure it takes them that long just to reboot the servers and make sure nothing's FUBAR'd in the process.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just noticed this from the earlier campaign announcement on POL frontpage:
    Originally Posted by POL
    Dark Matter Arcane Glyptics Campaign
    Geas Fete notorious monsters in Reisenjima through Arcane Glyptics can be engraved with arcane glyptics up to six times at no additional charge, with the equipment receiving the same benefits as if they were engraved with dark matter.
    * Visit Oseem in Norg (I-7) to engrave your equipment.
    * At 8:00 a.m. (PDT) each day (Earth time), the restriction is lifted and you will be able to engrave your equipment up to six times again.

Apparently, we can augment the NMs. >_>;;
    Yep. They are augmenting the NMs with Quad Attack and TH+, so that when we die, they have a chance of winning our gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    Yep. They are augmenting the NMs with Quad Attack and TH+, so that when we die, they have a chance of winning our gear.
    Time to add a line to my OhSHIT macro to swap to naked-except-for-Pixie-Earring so that mobs too can know the pain of seeing the damnable thing every time an NM kills me I guess.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^^^
    LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To be fair, it does seem that the extra TP for non-H2H was an actual bug, since it was not included in the description patch notes. I figure it takes them that long just to reboot the servers and make sure nothing's FUBAR'd in the process.
    On the other hand it's already garbage so having so killing a very small possible use is just kind of silly and at least could wait till next scheduled maintenance

I'll I'd equip all the Berserker torques!!! I'll drain the mobs slowly but surely

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I wish I had tried testing pre-nerf Boost w/ Evisceration... Probably would've given back 800+ TP. lol