Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 718 of 733 FirstFirst ... 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

They confirmed that recipes w/ subcrafts roll for HQ for each craft involved, and the result is HQ only if all rolls succeed.
    I think the data recorded by players can easily confirm there isn't a different roll for each craft. Perhaps they mean each craft's tier is compared against the roll. (eg: roll up to 1024, 512+ gets t3, 768+ gets t2, 960+ gets t1, 1008+ gets t0 or something similar)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    I think the data recorded by players can easily confirm there isn't a different roll for each craft. Perhaps they mean each craft's tier is compared against the roll. (eg: roll up to 1024, 512+ gets t3, 768+ gets t2, 960+ gets t1, 1008+ gets t0 or something similar)
    I'm 99% sure that the way it's worded in the blog is that you need to succeed the HQ roll for main craft, THEN succeed for HQ for each/all subcraft. If we are absolutely sure that this was not the way it worked in the past, then it may be the way it works after tomorrow.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We are sure this is not how it works. No observable difference in HQ rate between crafts with subs and those without, and unless the subcraft roll is incredibly high we would easily see the difference even eyeballing. Looking at a 1/64 HQ rate from main on T0s, even a HQ rate as low as 50% on sub will drastically reduce number of HQs produced.. and we just plain haven't seen that.

However, checking the same roll against each sub would make sense, as we can observe that tiers are effected by subcraft. Using the prior example, a craft with T1 on main and T0 on sub would need a 1008+ roll, while a craft with T1 on both would only need a 960+ roll. This is in line with recorded data.

I always felt like crafts with subs were more prone to breaking, myself. But it's not like I logged the shit. Rolling the 95% rate twice would at least support that possibility.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The break rate is pretty accepted, it's HQ that is obviously not. Maybe they roll once for HQ/NQ based on tier, then an additional roll for break chance on every craft skill.

Would really be nice to have some of this in native english, the translation phrasing sounds like only if all hq rolls succeed.. but if the literal definition is all rolls succeed it would make sense that way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm sorta expecting one of the Escutcheon upgrades to require an insane number of them or something new synthed from them. I can seriously imagine the guildmaster telling me to bring her 10,000,000 of the damn things.... ~_~ My point about them was just that it's not unheard of for them to add something early, but now that they brought it up, it's likely to be available soonish.
    Yeah but my point was your specifics were all different . I can't think of a single instance where an item was added to the dats and then more than 2 updates later made obtainable. Never used sure, things associated with the item before the item was added sure, actually giving something a use later one maybe not sure, not being able to figure it out forever but it is actually obtainable yeah though that was mostly old ffxi stuff.

edit: oh I see now. Yeah contests makes sense I suppose. Fuck that noise

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Here's the original text from the blog:

Here's what GTrans spits out:
    By the way, in the case of a combined recipe, it seems that it is taking a mechanism to complete HQ only when it becomes HQ in main HQ judgment → sub HQ judgment.
    Well, it is said that complex systems are easy to break and hard to make HQ since long ago.
    I wonder if people are surprised at this time.
    The only other explanation I can come up with is that it's a funky way to explain how HQ TIER is determined/affected by subcraft levels. If that's the case, then it's nothing to worry about.
    If that's not what it means, then we'll find out for sure after the update. ><;;

EDIT: Several characters bugged out, so replaced w/ a pic.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked for RMEA katanas to be changed to dispense shuriken like ranged ones dispense ammo. Dev reply is that the reason that ranged RMEA can dispense ammo is because they can not attack at all w/o ammo, but you are not prevented by attacking w/ a katana w/o shuriken. They are considering adding new shuriken.

NA1) 911 maintenance incoming tonight. Have a feeling that it is just to fix the previously reported bug w/ Gilgamesh trust. XD

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked for RMEA katanas to be changed to dispense shuriken like ranged ones dispense ammo. Dev reply is that the reason that ranged RMEA can dispense ammo is because they can not attack at all w/o ammo, but you are not prevented by attacking w/ a katana w/o shuriken. They are considering adding new shuriken.

NA1) 911 maintenance incoming tonight. Have a feeling that it is just to fix the previously reported bug w/ Gilgamesh trust. XD
    Hopefully it's fixing the sometimes-glitch of shields not leveling craftsmanship when they are supposed to and/or the seeming lack of an increase in HQ rates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hope they add a new shuriken. Current ones are meh and they really need one that has a comparable increase in dmg to current ones as rema ammo does to other

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Hopefully it's fixing the sometimes-glitch of shields not leveling craftsmanship when they are supposed to and/or the seeming lack of an increase in HQ rates.
    Pretty sure this is part of the "challenge" of completing the new stage and fully intentional. The devs have all but come out, /point /laugh and said "You know you guys who did the earlier stages in a day then bitched about how easy it was after all the hard work we put into it? Well, that hurt our feelings, so HERE! /evillaugh" XD < This is the impression I get from the devs in FP35 when it comes up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Hope they add a new shuriken. Current ones are meh and they really need one that has a comparable increase in dmg to current ones as rema ammo does to other
    Ranged RMEA weapons/ammo were balanced/added together to hit whatever targets the devs wanted, katanas were balanced individually. New ones might be nice, but don't get your hopes up for RMEA level performance since the devs really don't seem to like this idea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ranged RMEA weapons/ammo were balanced/added together to hit whatever targets the devs wanted, katanas were balanced individually. New ones might be nice, but don't get your hopes up for RMEA level performance since the devs really don't seem to like this idea.
    I know the devs don't want to but it's kind of needed the discrepancy is kind of huge. Ranged jobs got a ridiculous boost in dmg while also solving the farming good ammo problem when they added that and already had good ammo while nin already had meh AND are in poor supply. Only 3 different 119 ones. A crafted one that even the HQ kind of sucks on and while not too expensive on it's own a bit expensive to use with sange. And the ones dropping off of escha AAGK and HTBF titan so also not really sange able.

Also remember that shurikens and katanas are a package deal now since they refuse to do a real fix for dw and should be balanced together.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I know the devs don't want to but it's kind of needed the discrepancy is kind of huge. Ranged jobs got a ridiculous boost in dmg while also solving the farming good ammo problem when they added that and already had good ammo while nin already had meh AND are in poor supply. Only 3 different 119 ones. A crafted one that even the HQ kind of sucks on and while not too expensive on it's own a bit expensive to use with sange. And the ones dropping off of escha AAGK and HTBF titan so also not really sange able.

Also remember that shurikens and katanas are a package deal now since they refuse to do a real fix for dw and should be balanced together.
    In that case, I want 119 acid/bloody/blind/sleep/highdmg bolts w/ enough racc to hit stuff w/ THF. They get DW natively too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In that case, I want 119 acid/bloody/blind/sleep/highdmg bolts w/ enough racc to hit stuff w/ THF. They get DW natively too.
    Not saying it was a good solution just to follow thru with it.

That said your idea doesn't work in multiple ways which I'm sure you already know based on your smiley but they tend to not overcap (at least as much) on dw and the point was to get some of the tp back not help them have more utility. That said the non ilvl bolts land just as well as ever and thf might actually have an easier time landing them and they just got beryllium bolts for dmg and definitely have enough racc. I'm more mad they get jack all for guns and bullets. Cmon SE help make my shoot only Last Stand thf a reality. I mean we used to be on the cannon that could only be used with special bullets

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pretty sure this is part of the "challenge" of completing the new stage and fully intentional. The devs have all but come out, /point /laugh and said "You know you guys who did the earlier stages in a day then bitched about how easy it was after all the hard work we put into it? Well, that hurt our feelings, so HERE! /evillaugh" XD < This is the impression I get from the devs in FP35 when it comes up. lol

No; I've finished the 100% craftsmanship on the other shields, and it functions the exact same way as before, just with lower values. But one of my shields wasn't leveling up *at all*. It takes *FOREVER* on comparison to others, but it consistently levels slowly. My smithing shield wasn't leveling, period.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The smithing crafter point items are messed up too, maybe they just fucked up smithing altogether? I didn't start on my smithing shield yet.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Transmutation portion of this quest feels impossible. 1500+ spirit in and the bar has not moved once.

Not sure if broken or "fuck you do this forever".

I'll grind more tomorrow but this is awful if intentional. I've been going pretty much since the patch came out with no result to show for it still. Bars were a bad choice. Rather a number.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Maybe it is something lame like doing every t1 skillchain > t2 > t3. Sort of like Mythics with am1-3

Looks like nope. Done every t1 skillchain now

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost (missed it yesterday):

JP1) Just because something is added in the same update does not mean that it's intended to work together. In response to someone complaining that Cornelia can not be used in Ambuscade V1. XD

Campaign
    BG Level

Wow! What a bitchy and bitter reply lmao