Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am kinda baffled by the "Stormwaker" frame bug/reply. The casting order of Stoneskin and Phalanx depends on the Master-job if its close combat or not. I mean... the main Job is PUP of the Master, allways unless you go BlaBla/PUP. is PUP not considered a close combat job?!?
    That post was indeed in response to a SCH/PUP. It just means that if you sub PUP, it's priority list changes based on whether your main job is a melee or not.

And yes, you can actually do some rather silly things /PUP, assuming you held on to your lv1 Animator. Unfortunately, BST/SMN/DRG can't sub PUP and have two pets at once though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't forget geo. Also unfortunately all the cool traits/moves those jobs have for their pets don't seem to work with auto. Sad they didn't overlook such things cause it would be loads of fun. ALso you can rebuy your lvl 1 animator if you tossed it for like 10k gil or somethin

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Don't forget geo.
    And don't forget BRD! SE sure didn't:
    The issue wherein the Songs+ attribute would not increase the accuracy of Maiden's Virelai.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

O_o;; No one mentions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    Warder of Courage
    The amount of damage that must be dealt to the Warder of Courage to seal away his special abilities has been reduced.
    Um.. Did we know that dealing damage locked it? I've never heard anything along these lines before..

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    In Omen, characters may occasionally become responsive under certain conditions.
    XD

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Did anyone mention the next campaign?

Job cards could be interesting, depending how often they drop and the job selection.
    Since I kept wondering why people in my linkshell were waiting for the Wanted Dial Campaign even though I never read anything about it - seems to be a translation error, the Japanese announcement makes no mention of the campaign.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How the fuck do you translate something that was never even there to be translated?!?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    How the fuck do you translate something that was never even there to be translated?!?
    Copy/Paste error most likely... kinda like how the description for the Mog Garden campaign has been wrong since they were added.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So is it correct that for the T2 crafting shield quest you need to rotate analysis crystals every synth AND still turn in shitty craft kit synths?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    So is it correct that for the T2 crafting shield quest you need to rotate analysis crystals every synth AND still turn in shitty craft kit synths?
    You really don't need to rotate. I spammed ONLY silk cloth to use on the RoEs and got it to 100% in a couple of days. You do need 13k CP this round though

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I didn't rotate analysis crystals at all; just spammed 94 kits.
    And to get the crafting points on the shield, I just spammed Arrowwood lumber for a few hours. It's definitely slower going than the previous shield was, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

jp freshly picked vid and transcripts up. A lot of it is stuff we know like things in update notes or we've learned since then like how the set bonuses work. But the new things looks like the new gloves don't start working till under 60% hit rate. Looks like the ambuscade shadows get aftermaths from their associated relic weapons. Looks like they are wanting to bring back previous log in campaign items and are taking suggestions. Seems they were also considering a similar suggestion idea for monsters for next ambuscade and jps have already decided for us with giants. Some kind of weird riddle at the end. Next freshly picked in may.

Side note listening to them was hilarious. They were definitely having fun with it doing weird voices and making noises at times

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Something interesting from JPside dev tracker.. link

It's in response to complaints about the Conquest system and how it's too easy to lose claim to regions to beastmen.
    Google Trans sounds like the devs checked and it appears that the regions that have BC's in them are more easily lost since losing in the BC counts against Conquest. O.o;;
    I've never heard anyone ever even suggest this before, but they are now working on counter measures. Guess that means it'll be slightly less likely to see beastmen controlled regions. ^^
    ------------------------------------------
    There's another devpost that says that clamming results are "special" in that the loot pool changes based on location and moon phase. There are also two patterns (waxing/waning) and that it is possible for certain items to have a 0% drop chance depending on the cycle.
    ---------------------------------------------
    And while I'm at it, here's another devpost about login campaign rewards. Looks like they will be bringing back cosmetic gear and sky god seals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So new dev post is something about adding new stuff to ambuscade. More info next week but sounds like they are going to allow more augmenting maybe on the armor?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So new dev post is something about adding new stuff to ambuscade. More info next week but sounds like they are going to allow more augmenting maybe on the armor?
    Link to Weekly Post Summary
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleTrans
    Matsui: A new item will also appear in the reward.
    This is used for reworking of armor which was many demand, NQ goods can be HQ goods, HQ goods can be further strengthened.
    So, we will be able to use the new item to upgrade NQ > +1. Not clear yet if the +1 will be upgraded to +2 or if they are adding augs.. Immediate worried complaints about storage issues if they are augs and can't be stored on moogle from JP side community. XD

The login campaign stuff is not coming all at one time, it'll be spread out since we wouldn't have enough points to get everything otherwise.

They also are hiring a new Community Planner (in Japan) to handle both sides of the forum and/or website frontpage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Funny how that appeared in the summary when the "original" post for it was made 2 minutes later lol and adds very little though it does sound more like augments in a progressive system

Quote Originally Posted by googlefu
    Details will be announced next week, but I think with a mechanism that can be piled up.
    Oh well we will know in a few days. Will Mhaura lag out next month? Find out in next weeks episode of dev notes

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

My fingers are crossed for +2 versions. It seems like it would be awkward to use the same item for +1'ing NQs AND augmenting +1s.. Given the immediate replies about storage space (and that storage space is a common complaint on both sides of the OF) it would hopefully get thru to the dev team that we want to minimize the amount of non-storable crap and simply give us +2 versions. We'll know soon enough, but we already know that the devs don't always do what makes sense..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if it's single path they can still store augmentables.

Though having full option sets would be rather interesting (and by that I mean if they are anything like the capes completely OP) though possibly somewhat annoying if the pieces stay rare.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So official translations are out as well as freshly picked. Apparently before relic weapons existed you could fish up a lvl 70 Excalibur when the lvl cap was 50 lol.

And yeah for the armor says "type of system where you gradually work towards it over time." so almost for certain seems like a progressive augment unless they go back magian style or similar with npc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

This part stood out more to me from the FP Summary:

Geas Fete Adjustments
    (0:27:42)
    We have made adjustments to the notorious monsters Warder of Courage and Zerde. When we decreased the effects of Geomancy in February’s version update, the difficulty for these two monsters increased; therefore we made adjustments. For Warder of Courage, we reduced the amount of elemental damage needed to overcome this monster's mechanic, so players are able to handle this easier using elemental III magic. As for Zerde, we have reduced its resistance to stun and darkness. It is easier to use the black magic spell Frazzle against it now, so we believe players have a wider range of strategy to tackle the battle. However, we have set a cumulative resistance to the black magic spell Death.

So, looks like the exact mechanic has been revealed. ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh that was mentioned in the update notes. Granted it was a little vaguer saying the amount of dmg... but this doesn't really point to an amount either really lol