FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dev Tracker: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Discuss Dev Tracker updates and post findings here.

Dev Tracker Reports Found here
    The old thread was getting to be a "bit" lengthy, carry on!

Things change, but the individual properties of the weapons(aside from maybe Claustrum to fit in with their new staff paradigm) are probably never changing. But really, who cares? Let them worry about things that may actually add some life to the game.
    If people didn't care they probably wouldn't have bothered with RME updates at all. I'm guessing they would've at least looked at the potency of the effects and not so much the effects themselves if they were making such a big deal about how it balances with other lv119 weapons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't know what to say to anyone who thought the "balancing" would be that in-depth. They never so much as hinted at any sort of ulterior adjustment, nor should anyone have expected any. They said they're evening things out, and here they are, evening things out.

Again, back to things that may/may not have the potential to give the game a little more life.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    give the game a little more life.
    It wont take much, just need something to do with purpose. Monstrosity right now still serves no purpose, so no one really gives a fuck.

My logic is more that since they probably have access to what their subscription numbers look like/having a skeleton crew they wouldn't bother adjusting something unless (they perceive) that people give a shit about it. I don't expect Tupsimati to suddenly enhance every Stratagem, I'm just assuming that they at least looked at the things in the 6+ months they've had to do this.

I guess I want to assume that people who are halfway through programming "let's give Gungnir less than 266 DMG so it doesn't shit on Upukirex" will notice that the weapon's super special effect are 5-damage shock spikes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    It wont take much, just need something to do with purpose. Monstrosity right now still serves no purpose, so no one really gives a fuck.
    I'll have you know I give 2 fucks!

Also guttler am is kinda meh. Probably was decent back when rampage was the best ws but now you lose so much from using onslaught

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Guttler should still be the best axe under AM3 unfriendly circumstances though, no?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also, inb4 WAR and DRK become even more insanely powerful as the new IL116 GS is released in November from a new Naakual and subsequently the IL119 Delve Version of it is released. After how powerful shark delve GK is, I wouldnt be surprised if the GS has something retarded like "Ignore Defense+25%" on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It'll probably be pretty difficult to dethrone their respective IL119 relics(and mythics, of course). Presumably, Only a handful of Adoulin weapons are going to remain on top after the update, and the others will only remain relevant due to dualwielding

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the changes seem good.
    i'm most curious to know what the 119 RMEs will be like.
    I feel that its fairly understandable that the weapons don't get DMG on par with a typical 119 weapon because of all the bonus attributes they get.
    Relics occ. double dmg, Mythics for job specific stats and AM3 OAT/OA3, Empys for AM ODD. Mythics will probably be the most varied mix since many of the weapon traits are actually very useful as well. Relics, well, some of the AMs are still useful..?

A part of me is hoping that the 119 versions require upgrade items that drop from the Lv99 revamps of classic battlefields... and I'd also hope that they drop items that are useful for people on earlier stages of such weapons.. in rarity according to how far along it is..
    like a battlefield that has easy drops of HMP, uncommon Riftdross/cinder and rare/1 whatever item needed for 119 weapons.
    or another which has easy Dynamunny, uncommon 100s, rare marrows and 1 of the new item...
    or another which has easy alexandrite, uncommon pouches, rare scoria and 1 of the new item.

i feel like the old 'rarity' limitations need to go out the window considering how most of the new weapons are already better and easier to obtain.

...as for WS divisible from weapons... I'm torn between getting 75 azdaja horns to make a 90 Hvergelmir and a 99 Coin weapon for Myrkr, which is undeniably one of the most useful utility WS for any mage wearing a staff to become available.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Myrkr is especially boss now that most mages fulltime a Soothsayer or an Attinian Staff which allows for TP gain through Adoloquiem/Occult Accumen.

These level 99 revamps of fights have me worried. I wonder if they will be BCNM type fights such as an Arch Bahamut v2/Arch Ark Angels type shindig (18man bcnm), 6 man BCNMs like Fiat Lux or open-field fights Arch Absolute Virtue, Arch Kirin, Arch Pandaemonium Warden.

SE did say they want to bring back popular armor styles for gear in the future. I don't know if that is actually what people have requested or it's an excuse to give us rehashed models with new stats to save on development costs of new models(they've basically did this a lot in Voidwatch: (Ace's Mail/Porthos Byrnie/Morta bodies). Look forward to new ilvl gear with sky god gear and abjuration gear models I guess?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Guttler should still be the best axe under AM3 unfriendly circumstances though, no?
    Probably at least when dual wielding.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

seems like coin weapons will also be alot easier to make to unlock WS

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Another new dev post.
    http://tinyurl.com/pcrkc6u

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Another new dev post.
    http://tinyurl.com/pcrkc6u
    Basically, Treasure Caskets are no longer going to be 4-guess, only 5-6 and they'll be adding more low-mid level equipment drops to the pile so the mid-level equipment isn't a dead zone for lack of people actually making/finding the stuff. Oldschool NM's are getting droprate/spawntime adjustments as well.

Edit note cause I hit Save too soon: This would have been nice when I was actually leveling some jobs...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Basically, Treasure Caskets are no longer going to be 4-guess, only 5-6 and they'll be adding more low-mid level equipment drops to the pile so the mid-level equipment isn't a dead zone for lack of people actually making/finding the stuff. Oldschool NM's are getting droprate/spawntime adjustments as well.

Edit note cause I hit Save too soon: This would have been nice when I was actually leveling some jobs...

I was thinking the exact same thing, while the NM adjustment is welcome (maybe for trials) its way toooooo late

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

More hochos?

Not sure if original areas means exactly that, original areas so RoZ doesn't count. The original JP post was asking about the martial arts belts. Would mean certain trial NMs like Serra or Ratatoskr also wouldn't get adjusted. Would be kind of an odd distinction to make at this point given that none of them actually drop anything good but who knows, I guess it'd be a time-saving measure to just adjust the original areas for now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In light of the official translations I noticed something in mine was a bit off - the post does not say that they are removing the Rare tags from existing stuff but rather that the new loot they add will not have the rare tag. I'm not sure what that solves unless those would be prioritized in the case where you had a rare item already. Even then, what happens when you get them all? Will go back and correct but wanted to point it out here since there was some discussion about it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

And here I was hoping I could wear my Choco boots, then get galka sized ones and wear those on top, and get some boots in my boots.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 733 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast