Fern - Job Traits/etc. - Mythics
    Taupe - Base stats - Empyreans

^ This is still what I bet

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its a RME weapon, not a Gift. While I enjoy the thinking outside the box and going for things that isn't "Grind 10,000 of X item", its probably going to be a "Grind 10,000 of X item" or something Escha/Reisin related. Job points would just be ... awful... The entire JP grind is difficult enough as is, since you'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to do it unless you got a 4 Nuker/SCH, 1 Tank, 1DD SC/MB set up (Or i guess alternative BLUS AND BSTS BRUH)... which as you can guess, is very job exclusive and from my experience if you're not hitting an absurd jp/hr you'll be shouting for replacements a lot since people are princesses these days.
    CP parties aren't nearly as exclusive as you seem to think they are. Yeah, you can't just throw anything together and expect it to be good but you sure as shit don't need 4 nukers.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    CP parties aren't nearly as exclusive as you seem to think they are. Yeah, you can't just throw anything together and expect it to be good but you sure as shit don't need 4 nukers.
    If you're not the first lucky DD or Tank to /tell (If they aren't already a DD/Tank shouting for their mages), you're SoL. As for leniency in party slots, while I know you can work around certain combinations of jobs, as I've seen remarkable NIN nuking, and it would work, see:

if you're not hitting an absurd jp/hr you'll be shouting for replacements a lot since people are princesses these days.
    I'm aware its anecdotal and its honestly just based off the experiences i've had JP farming this last month, so maybe you're lucky(or have desirable jobs), or maybe I'm unlucky with the people i've come across when I shout, but JP parties are quite exclusive on Asura, shout wise. very strictly 1 Tank, 1 DD, and 4 mages of some combination. Though I guess a better example may very well have been 1Tank,1DD,1Healer,3xMages (preferably 1 GEO?).

I know i sound doom and gloom but it should be noted, I know at least, while the set up is very strict from my experience, the "1 Tank, 1 DD, 4 Mages" parties can include stuff like DRK or PUP tanks and all DD jobs are welcome so long as they can SC and have 1100+ Accuracy, WHMs and RDMs can join, RDM being healer or nuker sets permitting, SMNs can fill the slot of Nuker if their set is good... there's the positive light there and its not like any jobs are abruptly left out, but from every shout and group I've had experience with, it is a very strict "Tank/DD/4xMages" quota, as SC/MB is the quickest way to do it and its the only way people have patients for it seems.

So basically what I'm saying is you're right and I misrepresented. Its more like 1Tank, 1DD, 1 Support, 1 Healer, 2 Magic Bursters.

(*Discounting AoE burns)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You can make your own parties or deal with lower CP rates, there are always ways to get CP. Nothing says you have to join Apex parties that make optimal jp/hr, you can take it slower or make your own.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I prefer to dual box my CP so I don't have to be 'on' all the time or I can just give up and just leave at the drop of a hat.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

a lot since people are princesses these days.
    these days?

"this colibri party isnt up to my standards of 5 merits per hour, I'm out"

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    When 119 RME hit, plutons/etc were 300k to start out with, at least on my server.
    Asura as well but it didn't stay that high more than a few days.
    And it was just Plutons.
    Then came Beitetsu (not many Mythics around back then) and last Riftborn Boulder who hardly anybody wanted.
    Price for Pluton was under 100k in a week and stayed around 50-100k for a while, going down veeeeeeeeery very slow.
    In a few months it was hard to sell them for 10k.

Also, there are more sources (and they're easy to kill solo/lowmen) than there used to be back then.
    Despite all of that, I 101% agree with you if they require a retarded number like 10k the demand is gonna be way higher than the offer on the market and prices would skyrocket beyond infinity. Would become quite expensive, at least for a few months.

Personally I like the idea Damane came up with, about the 500JPs. Gives more reason to farm JPs for jobs who are already done and gives a purpose to the fact they increased the cap.
    At the same time though it works as a concept for Ergon/Mythic, not so much for Relic/Empy...

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    these days?

"this colibri party isnt up to my standards of 5 merits per hour, I'm out"
    ^ this.
    JP pts are nowhere as exclusive as merit pts used to be, at least on Asura.

Also you can merit in Woh Gates #2 at bats (often free these days) or do Ru'Aun/Reisen "everyone kill their target" style of pt. They're very effective especially during chain bonus campaigns. Or you can also Ru'aun/Reisen AoE of course.
    Speaking of Apex I can think of at least these viable setups, there might be more of course:

Tank+mages (SCH makes SCs. Tank can pull or BRD if you have one, he can sleep at camp. Tank doesn't stricly have to be a tank. I've done that with SAM/WAR and he was solo SCing)
    SCopener+SCcloser + mages (SC guys can be anything as long as they have provoke or similar means and can make Light or Darkness)
    SCop + SCclos + SCdouble + stuff (Fencer build WAR with Cloudsplitter, COR with Leaden Salute, THF with SA Rudra, all of these and more work for the third part. If the mob is still alive a single MB even from the GEO tipically kills the target)

I've mainhealed parties with SMN, RDM, SCH, WHM.
    SMN can be an excellent buffer and can MB for good damage (alas only every 30 seconds).
    Support like COR, BRD and hell even GEO can DD if necessary and if they have the gear.

I mean srsly, there's quite a wide range of flexibility for these pts, I just gave you some examples. You can't expect to throw 6 random jobs together and make it work, but at the same time there's a lot of freedom, way more than during the 75 era.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you're not the first lucky DD or Tank to /tell (If they aren't already a DD/Tank shouting for their mages), you're SoL. As for leniency in party slots, while I know you can work around certain combinations of jobs, as I've seen remarkable NIN nuking, and it would work, see:

I'm aware its anecdotal and its honestly just based off the experiences i've had JP farming this last month, so maybe you're lucky(or have desirable jobs), or maybe I'm unlucky with the people i've come across when I shout, but JP parties are quite exclusive on Asura, shout wise. very strictly 1 Tank, 1 DD, and 4 mages of some combination. Though I guess a better example may very well have been 1Tank,1DD,1Healer,3xMages (preferably 1 GEO?).

I know i sound doom and gloom but it should be noted, I know at least, while the set up is very strict from my experience, the "1 Tank, 1 DD, 4 Mages" parties can include stuff like DRK or PUP tanks and all DD jobs are welcome so long as they can SC and have 1100+ Accuracy, WHMs and RDMs can join, RDM being healer or nuker sets permitting, SMNs can fill the slot of Nuker if their set is good... there's the positive light there and its not like any jobs are abruptly left out, but from every shout and group I've had experience with, it is a very strict "Tank/DD/4xMages" quota, as SC/MB is the quickest way to do it and its the only way people have patients for it seems.

So basically what I'm saying is you're right and I misrepresented. Its more like 1Tank, 1DD, 1 Support, 1 Healer, 2 Magic Bursters.

(*Discounting AoE burns)
    i have done apex parts with NIN BLU THF GEO (mule) BRD Trust healer and it was fine (better then most nukeing partys i had). we just did a 3 way SC and let the thf close off with Rudras. CDC ---> Hi ----> Rudras. now replace the Trust healer with a decent RDM and the Geo mule actually nukeing and its as good or better then the nukeing partys i see on shouts

dont forget there is adjustments to melee dmg in the next version update too

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am calling voidwatch materials for R/M/E upgrades because SE still won't admit HMP is hard to come by so this would be their answer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I am calling voidwatch materials for R/M/E upgrades because SE still won't admit HMP is hard to come by so this would be their answer.
    Calm down, Satan.

I think it's gonna be new stones. (or a massive shitton of the old 119 stones)

Cause I'm fairly confident that w/e the materials demanded for the "121", it's gonna be the same materials for the augments on the Oboro "weapons." (just like how you needed 150 of w/e of them for the regular ones, possibly 150 more to reach "Rank 15")

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Personally, I think a good system would be to make it require 10,000 plutons/beitetsu/boulders, and then add those items to the merit goblin at a 1 to 1 ratio. You can either grind out your upgrade all on your own, or you can make it faster by buying from people who aren't working on them, and it gives a (relevant) use to merits again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should also note the new campaign has to do with giving more plutons/beitetsu/boulders so might be encouraging us to spam it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's also nothing strange in the coming log-in campaign that could be a hint (like, if they put marrows in for 3000 points, or HP Bayld)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Should also note the new campaign has to do with giving more plutons/beitetsu/boulders so might be encouraging us to spam it
    I think they're doing some campaign on a weekly for 7 weeks up until March or some crap.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Personally, I think a good system would be to make it require 10,000 plutons/beitetsu/boulders, and then add those items to the merit goblin at a 1 to 1 ratio. You can either grind out your upgrade all on your own, or you can make it faster by buying from people who aren't working on them, and it gives a (relevant) use to merits again.
    I think new items from the Merit Goblin would be the best option, and one of the Dev Posts said that those with AG's will be able to finish within an hour. I think the last thing that was said about the upgrade was:

We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.
    So it could definitely mean new items from the merit goblin which are AHable, or direct drops from battle events.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I think they're doing some campaign on a weekly for 7 weeks up until March or some crap.
    They gunna give us a 7 day campaign (which will most likely change to something different) right around when this update hits. Bam super spam those HTBFs before this campaign ends and we move onto the next ones.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The first 7 day campaign starts when the update hits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I feel like I should be stocking up on something. Moments like this always eats away at me, knowing the item I need might be on the ah right now for 5k