BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I see May has come job adjustments coming up did they mention what they were?
    My guesses [disclaimer: not based on any facts, 100% trump style speculation]: MNK adjustment, and a SMN adjustment to hinder SMN zergs

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A daily seal would be overkill

SE should just lower the battlefield time to 15 min (or even 10), and maybe even raise the minimum players to 2.

If someone cries about not having time to recover from a wipe...who gives a shit? Its not like you lose KI on entry, just HP and re-enter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I see May has come job adjustments coming up did they mention what they were?
    It's just their standard vague hey an update is coming up that never has details. And since I don't recall them talking much recently about job adjustments other than the rdm is still the step child in the basement post all is speculation. However there has been quite an uproar from users including on the jp side about the whole exploitation of smn AC burns so that has probably the most going for it and certainly is creating some nervousness amongst smns and people wanting to build up nirvanas to easy mode aeonics

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have a feeling it'll either be Volt Strike fTP or changing the Astral Conduit job point category to base damage or Atk/MAB.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Or a minor adjustment to Automaton AI. Afaik SE hasn't even told us which job is being adjusted.

changing volt strike ftp is moot and wouldn't stop it. reverting november completely wouldn't stop conduit spam, it'd just kill girdarvor and take the large edge off of nirvana (and push BIS from helios gear back to apogee+1/perfect merlinic)

For Ambuscade they need to stop fucking about and just make it up to 18 man, but maybe keep scaling to 6. That way some groups can just group up and trounce it and cut traffic to a third.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New JPside devpost: In response to a 2yr necro post. Sounds like someone complained that certain BST jugs are Synergy-only, and we might get cooking recipes for them. (Sugary Broth, Poisonous Broth, Sticky Webbing were the items called out.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The changes Vana'diel truly needs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New JPdevposts:

1) Seems that they will be including Empyrean upgrade related items in the login campaign in June. Will most likely be brought up during the next Freshly Picked.

2) The weekly devpost summary. The only new thing that I didn't cover already is that it seems they're adding a large carp streamer of some sort, possibly linked to Ambuscade. Probably a cosmetic type item related to Boy's Day? I would figure that it would be related to the seasonal event, but it definitely says Ambuscade..

Also, monthly campaign listing is up on POL frontpage, and holy hell is it a looooong list. O_O;;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couple new dev posts.

First 2 are about BP stat mods. The one that lists them was reposted on English side and the other was more them just saying they going to provide

Another looks like jp were complaining the soa dial campaign didn't have dusk stones looks like they might be adding for future campaigns.

And seems they misspelled some bps in the list at first so corrected it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

One thing really stands out to me in the May Version Update Announcement... "Gifts: Add Superior 3"... Incoming gear that requires Job Master maybe? >_>;; Looks like actual synthesis recipes are being added too, so doesn't sound too improbable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I temper my enthusiasm based on SU1 and SU2 results. Outside of a few pieces most have been by design stepping stones to getting real gear which is funny consider you need to jp on job and they've stated they expect you to get jp while doing content... but somehow also not get gear from said content apparently lol

Campaign
    BG Level

SU* gear was a somewhat cool idea implemented very bad. Was a shot in the dark while they were waiting to clear up their minds on future gear paradigms.
    As it stands now, it's those paradigms and directions that put the final nail in the coffin of SU1 and SU2 gear.
    Let's see what happens with SU3, not gonna hold up my breath but there could be at least a couple of situational cool items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

in before Su3 is 2100 gift

Campaign
    BG Level

I can't read japanese, don't know where to drop this link. Probably it would be best to open a new thread but for the moment just leaving it here in hope some of our guys who can read japanese can give us further information

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/01132260.html

It should be about a big celebratory stream that Famitsu will have for FFXI's 15th anniversary, or something like that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I can't read japanese, don't know where to drop this link. Probably it would be best to open a new thread but for the moment just leaving it here in hope some of our guys who can read japanese can give us further information

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/01132260.html

It should be about a big celebratory stream that Famitsu will have for FFXI's 15th anniversary, or something like that.
    Right-click > Translate to English = Usually good enough. XD Just have to learn Google-to-English translation skills in that case. ^^

Looks like they are going to be doing a Nico livestream May13, 7pm w/ three voice actors, and playing on Odin. Main broadcast is free to watch, with a paid bonus segment afterwards.

EDIT: Freshly Picked broadcast announcement: May 9th, 20:00 (JST, I assume.) Will cover monthly Ambuscade update, Escutcheon update, and events connected to the anniversary celebration. There've been a few things posted previously that they said they would bring up in the FP as well, so should be worth watching. ^^

YouTubeLive link for those who don't want to use Nico.. Only Nico users are able to make live comments during the broadcast IIRC, so I suggest using that one if you can.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I temper my enthusiasm based on SU1 and SU2 results. Outside of a few pieces most have been by design stepping stones to getting real gear which is funny consider you need to jp on job and they've stated they expect you to get jp while doing content... but somehow also not get gear from said content apparently lol
    If it's a 2100 Gift like I half-jokingly predicted, it would allow them to make some rather impressive pieces I think. Part of the difficulty with balance design in this game is the sheer variation in baseline player performance due to stuff like merits/gifts. If you know for sure that the only players using a certain piece of gear have identical baselines, then it should be easier to come up with something awesome since you have fewer variables to worry about. If Su3 really is 2100JP, then I will be absolutely not surprised if we see some new skill+269 weapons. I'm also expecting multiple Omen mats per recipe (20mil+ in mats on avg,) and perhaps even scales if they want to be evil to our crafting mules. XD Gotta admit that doing that would give everyone whining about being scale flooded something to do with them at least.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So this might be far fetched but FFXIV 4.0 is coming out in June and AF1,AF2, and AF3 sets have so far been named after AF, Relic, and Empyrean equipment from FFXI. 4.0 will release a new AF4 set (shown in benchmark trailer). I wonder if the Su3 gear next update might be some kind of final AF4 gear.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    One thing really stands out to me in the May Version Update Announcement... "Gifts: Add Superior 3"... Incoming gear that requires Job Master maybe? >_>;; Looks like actual synthesis recipes are being added too, so doesn't sound too improbable.
    I cant remember where I saw it but SE seemed to respond recently on the fact alot of BST jugs are synergy only. it sounded like they were willing to make synthesis versions. Thats what I assumed that was. But having said that, I think all SU gear has been crafted previously right?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah, it's the whole idea behind Su gear. SE doesn't want players to be able to "buy" level 119 without doing some level 100+ battle content (hence why the Surged Walk armor is 118). Although technically I think you can get 119 AF/Relic armor solely through sparks and gil.