Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 721 of 721 FirstFirst ... 671 711 719 720 721

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    So it looks like we are getting the shaft on this screenshot contest.

1. it was in the jp freshly picked digest, but was clearly left out of the english version
    2. they made a tweet on the jp twitter
    3. they made an official post on the jp playonline site

they could at least have said "yours is next week dont worry!" or something like that.
    From what you've seen, can you tell how they identify which FFXI account connects to which Twitter account? If there isn't anything already set up to directly connect them, then it should be possible for non-JP accounts to participate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    As someone who works irl in a field of craftsmanship, their comment of "how a crafter may destroy their inferior work in disgust" to explain the hq or bust dynamic of the final form shield is actually highly appreciated, and highly accurate. I just am so turned off by the skillchain process of the upgrading that I have no urge to do the upgrade... sad that a prize is still better than a reward for the work, especially in the field of the game that has always been based on the grind more than anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I'd say that Escutcheons are better than Kupo Shield overall actually. Only exceptions being whatever recipes the extra mainskill +1 or subskill+3 break tiers on.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    From what you've seen, can you tell how they identify which FFXI account connects to which Twitter account? If there isn't anything already set up to directly connect them, then it should be possible for non-JP accounts to participate as well.

I'd say that Escutcheons are better than Kupo Shield overall actually. Only exceptions being whatever recipes the extra mainskill +1 or subskill+3 break tiers on.
    Escutcheons should be better than Kupo Shield for Tier 0s, even if Kupo Shield pushes it to Tier 1, if (and only if) NQs aren't something you plan on selling. +10% HQ rate means you'll be at about the same HQ rate as Kuposhields pushing T0 to T1, and you come *way* ahead on materials saved per HQ, provided that the NQs sell for a significant loss. On a T1--> T2 shift, you're looking at 30% vs. 16%~ and things become less clear which pulls ahead, but the smaller margins on the HQs and the (at least in my experience) better sales prices on NQs mean Kupos are probably better for that. And I can't really think of much that T2 --> T3 really provides a dramatic source of gil right now; there probably are some, but Kupo should win on those, I guess?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Escutcheons should be better than Kupo Shield for Tier 0s, even if Kupo Shield pushes it to Tier 1, if (and only if) NQs aren't something you plan on selling. +10% HQ rate means you'll be at about the same HQ rate as Kuposhields pushing T0 to T1, and you come *way* ahead on materials saved per HQ, provided that the NQs sell for a significant loss. On a T1--> T2 shift, you're looking at 30% vs. 16%~ and things become less clear which pulls ahead, but the smaller margins on the HQs and the (at least in my experience) better sales prices on NQs mean Kupos are probably better for that. And I can't really think of much that T2 --> T3 really provides a dramatic source of gil right now; there probably are some, but Kupo should win on those, I guess?
    The primary point is that it's only the difference of +1 mainskill, and +3 subskill. This means that KS offers zero actual benefit to me as a leathercrafter according to the recipe list here. Of course, this is going to vary by craft, but I'm betting that at least half of crafts are not going to see any real benefit between an absolute max of 125main/74sub vs 124main/71sub. (Cooking gets an extra +3 from Hocho on top of that of course.)

I'd say that, once we know how to actually make Escutcheons, Kupo Shield is going to drop down to something you get only for mules that you don't feel like making extra Escutcheons for. XD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag