BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 700 of 733 FirstFirst ... 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The gobbie food issue isn't that you get gobbie food it's that you it wont reroll for one you already have. And the uses for multiples of the same are very limited to say the least. Recursing old stuff is a lot of effort for nqs that I'm already having hard time selling for 20-100k lol and multiple of the same 119 set but on different paths can be quite costly unless you sticking to nqs

Also I call bs on 2.5 full escha sets unless by "this campaign" you mean all the abj dial campaigns so far. Not even counting having uneven amounts of repeats that would be 137 of them. Even assuming a very generous distribution of 1 escha for every 4 checks (I'm at more like 5-10% really but rng 25% seems reasonable for some) and even with 10 characters to look on would take a couple of months to get that many. And hell checking with 17 characters over all the campaigns combined I've not seen a single escha body forget 27 lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The gobbie food issue isn't that you get gobbie food it's that you it wont reroll for one you already have. And the uses for multiples of the same are very limited to say the least. Recursing old stuff is a lot of effort for nqs that I'm already having hard time selling for 20-100k lol and multiple of the same 119 set but on different paths can be quite costly unless you sticking to nqs

Also I call bs on 2.5 full escha sets unless by "this campaign" you mean all the abj dial campaigns so far. Not even counting having uneven amounts of repeats that would be 137 of them. Even assuming a very generous distribution of 1 escha for every 4 checks (I'm at more like 5-10% really but rng 25% seems reasonable for some) and even with 10 characters to look on would take a couple of months to get that many. And hell checking with 17 characters over all the campaigns combined I've not seen a single escha body forget 27 lol
    I did mean the abj campaign in general. Got tired of tossing stuff, so ended up shifting them to mules and ended up w/ multiple full sets. Only have 13x chars myself, and bodies are rare, but I'm pretty sure that's where I got my stored ones from. (Entirely possible that I got them as actual drops and forgot.)

Also, the "no reroll" thing applies to every dial I think? So it's mainly an issue of whether or not you want multiple copies or are ok w/ just one of each.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't toss on most my mules because yay gobbie food but aint got time to shift around for stuff I'm never going to use multiples of (or even 1 of for 99% of the ones I get) anyways lol

No reroll applies to just about everything in the game in reference to rare items

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I did mean the abj campaign in general. Got tired of tossing stuff, so ended up shifting them to mules and ended up w/ multiple full sets. Only have 13x chars myself, and bodies are rare, but I'm pretty sure that's where I got my stored ones from. (Entirely possible that I got them as actual drops and forgot.)

Also, the "no reroll" thing applies to every dial I think? So it's mainly an issue of whether or not you want multiple copies or are ok w/ just one of each.
    The legend goes that in the early days of KB, JP groups would shrink their party down to those who all have Pixie Earrings to force KB to shit out a Defending Ring.

Campaign
    BG Level

Only have 13x chars myself
    "only" xD xD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    The legend goes that in the early days of KB, JP groups would shrink their party down to those who all have Pixie Earrings to force KB to shit out a Defending Ring.
    When the devs did their hour long explanation a lil while back on how KB/D.Ring/loot/TH works, they still had like 25-50% of JP players answer that TH does affect the drop rate, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    "only" xD xD
    "Only" when compared to Dasva's "And hell checking with 17 characters over all the campaigns combined". lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

tbf they've changed a lot of shit since the early days and a lot was ninja or semi ninja changed. So it's quite possibly early early on rerolling drops did work before the dirty NAs started

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When the devs did their hour long explanation a lil while back on how KB/D.Ring/loot/TH works, they still had like 25-50% of JP players answer that TH does affect the drop rate, so....
    This is 13-14 years ago

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    This is 13-14 years ago
    I was just trying to point out that idjits are still idjits. There's no point trying to argue with the people who have access to the actual source code about how the game mechanics function. I 100% doubt that they have ever changed the core mechanics on how the drop system works, which means that the current statement most likely applies to the life of the game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New dev posts:

JP1) They are looking at adjusting which RoV KIs coffer keys are attached to in order to make them more useful on the way up.
    I'm guessing moving AF related keys to the 2nd KI.

JP2) For Escutcheon synthesis, no items can be lost other than the craftsmanship crystal. Under normal crafting conditions of course. They've already stated that you can lose everything if you are interrupted by zoning, like on a boat.

JP3 / NA1 ) The update announcement is up on both sides. No differences. Incursion Campaign going permanent confirmed (Grand Coffers onry). The only intriguing/unexpected thing that I see is: "Equipment・Adjust attributes on some equipment". Haven't seen anything to indicate what this related to, so fingers crossed that they changed their minds and are correcting the Su3 pieces that are missing key stats. >_> Only other thing I can think of is that the Samba duration+ adjustment is being done by directly increasing the values on existing equipment. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New dev posts:

JP1) "Escutcheons quest/ROE items were chosen carefully to be as big of a pain in the players' collective rear as possible. Please think of it as the ultimately difficult thing for a crafter to do. ^^" This is a bit of a paraphrase, but is most definitely what the spirit of the post is about. XD

JP2) They'll be bringing back the flowerpot furnishings from login points sometime soon.

JP3) They agreed that they should not have put Su3 gear into the Gobbiebox as soon as the items were added, and will delay new "Su3 or higher" items from now on. Subtle admission that they are already planning on Su4?

JP4) Explanation on how/why they chose the stats for Su3 gear, and why they refuse to tell us what their planned intentions for new gear (they don't want to tell/order us how to use something) and since the only thing that actually affects/matters to us as players is the final effect, it doesn't matter what their plans are. I got a very strong "It's not your business" vibe from this post. lol

You give them too much credit.

The shield doesn't have any tough synths IE; literally impossible like GP items. There exist much harder synths than the ones they chose. Not to mention throwing synergy on there because "fuck you".

Generic answer for gear treadmill statement.

They gave no intentions because their heads are so far up their asses they don't know what they're making next, not "none of your business", it's "we don't fucking know"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

eh some of them while not impossible are still ridiculously time intensive. Making dozens of something with ingredients that require multiple items that need to be farmed and/or helmed is hard enough as is. I'd much rather do literally any other gp item at the amounts you can cap at then some of the stage 3 things. It's just there is no real loss for missing a day of gp so it's not really worth the effort on well half of the cooking ones lol.

So interesting update is around midnight on july 4th NA time... whelp guess it's watching fireworks then

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    You give them too much credit.

The shield doesn't have any tough synths IE; literally impossible like GP items. There exist much harder synths than the ones they chose. Not to mention throwing synergy on there because "fuck you".

Generic answer for gear treadmill statement.

They gave no intentions because their heads are so far up their asses they don't know what they're making next, not "none of your business", it's "we don't fucking know"
    Nothing to do with credit, I'm paraphrasing what they are saying. XD THEY said that it's intended to be the most difficult / most annoying crafting quest ever, not me. XD

The "none of your business" thing is about gear that has already been implemented, not upcoming additions. They do not believe that we need to know what they were thinking when they designed something (like Su3.) This is supposedly due to their worry that telling us their design plans would influence how players use it and limit our creativity.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly post summary.. I was wrong about the login furnishings! ><;;; It's not that they are bringing them back, it's that they are getting added to storage slips. :/ Next FP broadcast scheduled for July 4th, 7:00am EST.

JP2) They rejected a request to lower the number of kills required to unlock super revitalizers in Eschas, specified that even temporary/campaign style is not acceptable.

Also, from the Nico page:
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    "This time, we will deliver update content of the battle content "Ambassades" and new information related to 15th anniversary, including viewer participation type projects.
    Let's discuss about upgrading July through comment posting and Twitter!"
    NicoNicoLive/YouTube <<< Links to where the live broadcasts will be. FYI, pretty sure you need a Nico account in order to watch it there, but YouTube doesn't have access to the Nico comment system.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked for more synergy between the AA trusts. Rejected since behaviors like cooperating for skillchains are not part of the original battles, plus it would be rather difficult to implement. They liked the idea though and said that suggestions/ideas are welcome.

NA1) POL Frontpage: The announcement for the "15th Vana'versary" RoE questline is up. There's a new gobbiebox dial that can be opened with new keys, and RoEs that are going to make us go back thru the old content yet again.
    Looks like we'll be collecting KIs from completing the quest chain, which are likely used for the new Omega Weapon mount which I posted about before.

Don't forget that the FP is tomorrow morning. ^^ Assuming that I'm able to wake up before 7am, I'll be watching the Nico version so I can make inane poorly worded comments along with the rest of the JP viewers. :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Weekly post summary.. I was wrong about the login furnishings! ><;;; It's not that they are bringing them back, it's that they are getting added to storage slips. :/ Next FP broadcast scheduled for July 4th, 7:00am EST.
    this is something i felt they have been missing for too long.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

@#$%^&!! There are too many people watching Nico, my free account keeps getting kicked out every few seconds. T_T Rather surprising that there are 1,153 other viewers this month, it's normally lower than that.

Youtube it is.. So no access to the nico comments (which they actually do reply to sometimes, and includes live polls.)
    Will update with anything I catch that sounds important later. I missed the beginning due to Windows deciding to reset the majority of user settings yesterday and nico's flash player was blocked ._.;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I will be updating this post with info from today's Freshly Picked until it's over:

Special/Limited Trust Contest:
    * The top 3 votes for the new Trust were: Lady Lilith, Cornelia, and Yve'noile. (Yve'noile is apparently pronounced like Eve-noil btw.)
    * Rejected NPCs (which did get votes lol): Home Point, Hunt Registry, crafting support NPC.
    * They listed the top 10 most popular aura effects.

15th RoE Quest Campaign
    * Intended to be nostalgic and send us back thru the game from the beginning.
    * EX: Go get some Mythril Sand in Palborough Mines.
    * Get bound by a monster.
    * Eat a Boiled Egg or Sandorian Grape.
    * ....The parts for the Omega Weapon mount might be coming from the new ANV dial.... -_-;;;;; I missed part of what was said here, but text about the ANV dial on the mockup of a taru riding it does not bode well.

Login Campaign
    * OMG SQUID MOUNT O_O

August will have the Summer Alter Ego Extravaganza like usual. (8/1-8/31)

... They ran out of stuff to talk a bit more than an hour in. lol
    Matsui closed it out, talked about 15yrs for a bit, and pretty sure I caught "Don't kill us off yet" XD

Pretty sure this was the shortest FP in the last couple years... Unless it was covered in the first 20min, I saw no mention of the new content that they are working on. Once the vid is up for archived viewing, I'll rewatch to make sure I didn't miss anything big.

Campaign
    BG Level

Omg "Home Point" trust NPC! How did I NOT think about that! Hahaha