Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 626 of 733 FirstFirst ... 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 676 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    noone wants 30+ people content back, i think you get here the wrong idea. 6-18 peeps content is fine once in a while with 3-6 people content inbetween. The point is this is still an MMO, so group playing SHOULD be rewarded and not solo play, but solo play should still be possible.
    make fights too difficult to solo and there, but SE tossed out that possibility when they started allowing trusts to everything. It's just an extension of the endless search for job balance, never gonna be perfect

But right now on my server there's been an idris geo seeking for a half hour even as the instance is full. Could these soloers team up? Sure but they were all spamming the book after no invites LOL. Is there even a tank and healer and dd among them to make use of the geo? Maybe not

but keep blaming ppl like the geo for no invite

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    You think you know what you want yet I see you bop from MMO to MMO all the time in your posts... I agree with Silenka point of view, the state of MMOs (and to some extent, games in general) is just sad. I don't buy the whole "times have changed, people have less time" because plenty of 20+ years old played FFXI when it was in its prime.
    not that they have less time, but more to do with their time. Back in 2004 how many online games were there? How much online entertainment was there? With all the options who wants to sit around for 2 hours while an LS event gathers for the 18th kirin. They'll turn to steam or chaturbate or texting instead

MMO have to evolve to the point it's not really MMO at all but things like low man dungeon where the game quickly assigns you to groups of randoms and they all instantly drop when it's done so you never make new friends, OR you have a static of real friends...and those gravity towards casual

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    . They'll turn to steam or chaturbate or texting instead
    Back in my day, we had somepage, KI, allakhazam! Clearly everything you ever needed to fill your time with.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't blame anyone for wanting to solo over having to deal with other players. I just teamed up in VW with a pld that summoned fucking August to do the tanking instead.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I can't blame anyone for wanting to solo over having to deal with other players. I just teamed up in VW with a pld that summoned fucking August to do the tanking instead.
    lmao

that's one of the laziest things I've ever heard

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If the PLD summoned August did August out tank the PLD ?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not to interupt, but I could use the help of some math/testing wizards over in Black Desert Online. I'm not saying your gonna like the game, but for those of you who enjoyed figuring out the in's and out's of SE's FFXI's systems, BDO has a shit ton of this. DP scaling, AP scaling, Acc scaling, loot percentages, etc. They already have a really nice LUA front end, however, mostly it's used for botting and or hacking cooldowns (BDO's security is shit).

The game is quite fun, when it's not a lagging mess due to server issues, and i'm not trying to stop anyone from playing FFXI, but my LUA skills are sub par compared to byrth's and some of you guys. Also I would rather not start randomly sending them bad packets.

I'd really just like some guidance on how to go about testing a classes hidden stat's such as Defense, Attack, Acc, Evasion, etc. PVE and PVP cause right now the game seems to have some major balance issues, and if i can give the community reps some hard figures to present to the developers in Korea, maybe they can make hotfixes easier for the NA/EU community, without having to go and test it all themselves.

If anyone would like a guess pass and would like to help me out, i'm traveling to germany but PM on the forums and I can get you started. Currently there's a DPS that makes some testing a bit easier, but I'm hoping to build something that tracks everything. From the time i install it, to the time i turn it off, mobs i killed and the dmg i did to them, to the loot they dropped, and how long i killed those mobs and yada yada yada.
    It's sort of a massive undertaking i know, but I like the way the game is structured. Which is quite odd.
    Even the full on development of a windower type launcher would be sweet, but without all the game breaking shit. I always liked the windower teams morale stance on alot of things, and I think BDO could use a team like that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've summoned August on PLD, but that was only for U/O to help control Pile Pitch spam.

I don't even use a tank trust anymore on pup. my automaton tanks and holds hate so much better than amchuchu its laughable. and once maneuvers reach 5 minutes its pretty much set and forget it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Despite having a rdm or whm mule i often summon apururu so I dont have to worry bout keeping trusts alive with my mule. But Im usually soloing stuff that isnt too serious.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Buried in the Return Home announcement is confirmation the May campaign will include a return to straight double XP/CP, though it could be poorly-worded.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

anything abou pluton beitetsu box drop campaign in may?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The May campaigns haven't been announced; double XP/CP was just mentioned in the Return Home copy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    The May campaigns haven't been announced; double XP/CP was just mentioned in the Return Home copy.
    Yep, that, and an expansion to RoE that will result in a 119 gear level (and I guess reward the Joachim trust instead of needing an event?), and that the unique login item is a crab mount.

i believe you already get joachim from RoE, i just came back a monthish ago and got him as part of a chain of "summon trust" RoE quests that gave me like 5 trusts total WTB kupofried trust PST ; ;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Im just guessing the 119 roe stuff will be not too spectacular. but will be better than 117 eminent stuff to get ur foot in the door for those not already geared.

I'd probably expect it to be base Yorcia tier without the ability to augment it. Higher would be nice, but then they'd kinda short circuit the reason to do Ambuscade.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, one thing they did list for the update was that they're working on new Superior 1 items. Could be the two are connected, and they'll be giving us an alternate way to unlock Su1, along with readily-available gear via Sparks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Back in my day, we had somepage, KI, allakhazam! Clearly everything you ever needed to fill your time with.
    ahaha...yeah, some of us were so addicted we even spent 'reading time' in between kings windows on ff11 forums

even when we weren't chain 5-ing for hours on end, we found distractions from getting RL work done

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

"I have so much due tomorrow...but how much AGI /does/ a lesser colibri have???"