Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    So it looks like we are getting the shaft on this screenshot contest.

1. it was in the jp freshly picked digest, but was clearly left out of the english version
    2. they made a tweet on the jp twitter
    3. they made an official post on the jp playonline site

they could at least have said "yours is next week dont worry!" or something like that.
    From what you've seen, can you tell how they identify which FFXI account connects to which Twitter account? If there isn't anything already set up to directly connect them, then it should be possible for non-JP accounts to participate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    As someone who works irl in a field of craftsmanship, their comment of "how a crafter may destroy their inferior work in disgust" to explain the hq or bust dynamic of the final form shield is actually highly appreciated, and highly accurate. I just am so turned off by the skillchain process of the upgrading that I have no urge to do the upgrade... sad that a prize is still better than a reward for the work, especially in the field of the game that has always been based on the grind more than anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I'd say that Escutcheons are better than Kupo Shield overall actually. Only exceptions being whatever recipes the extra mainskill +1 or subskill+3 break tiers on.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    From what you've seen, can you tell how they identify which FFXI account connects to which Twitter account? If there isn't anything already set up to directly connect them, then it should be possible for non-JP accounts to participate as well.

I'd say that Escutcheons are better than Kupo Shield overall actually. Only exceptions being whatever recipes the extra mainskill +1 or subskill+3 break tiers on.
    Escutcheons should be better than Kupo Shield for Tier 0s, even if Kupo Shield pushes it to Tier 1, if (and only if) NQs aren't something you plan on selling. +10% HQ rate means you'll be at about the same HQ rate as Kuposhields pushing T0 to T1, and you come *way* ahead on materials saved per HQ, provided that the NQs sell for a significant loss. On a T1--> T2 shift, you're looking at 30% vs. 16%~ and things become less clear which pulls ahead, but the smaller margins on the HQs and the (at least in my experience) better sales prices on NQs mean Kupos are probably better for that. And I can't really think of much that T2 --> T3 really provides a dramatic source of gil right now; there probably are some, but Kupo should win on those, I guess?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Escutcheons should be better than Kupo Shield for Tier 0s, even if Kupo Shield pushes it to Tier 1, if (and only if) NQs aren't something you plan on selling. +10% HQ rate means you'll be at about the same HQ rate as Kuposhields pushing T0 to T1, and you come *way* ahead on materials saved per HQ, provided that the NQs sell for a significant loss. On a T1--> T2 shift, you're looking at 30% vs. 16%~ and things become less clear which pulls ahead, but the smaller margins on the HQs and the (at least in my experience) better sales prices on NQs mean Kupos are probably better for that. And I can't really think of much that T2 --> T3 really provides a dramatic source of gil right now; there probably are some, but Kupo should win on those, I guess?
    The primary point is that it's only the difference of +1 mainskill, and +3 subskill. This means that KS offers zero actual benefit to me as a leathercrafter according to the recipe list here. Of course, this is going to vary by craft, but I'm betting that at least half of crafts are not going to see any real benefit between an absolute max of 125main/74sub vs 124main/71sub. (Cooking gets an extra +3 from Hocho on top of that of course.)

I'd say that, once we know how to actually make Escutcheons, Kupo Shield is going to drop down to something you get only for mules that you don't feel like making extra Escutcheons for. XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This Escutcheon step was already figured out a few days ago on ffxiah. It just takes a crapload of SC synths (over 100,000 points worth).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

POL Frontpage:
    The next version update is scheduled for mid-October.

Next month's featured item is a cipher of Ark Angel HM, meaning that the five Ark Angel alter egos are together at last!

Other updates include the monthly revisions to Ambuscade, additional weapon skill help text stating which weapon skills have which skillchain attributes, and more!
    V2 looks to be a Qutrub.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

finally we can summon all 5 AAs. And mnk will still suck!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    finally we can summon all 5 AAs. And mnk will still suck!
    And they are adding an in-game method to check what sc properties ws have, so no one has excuses anymore! :D
    ... And mnk will still suck.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

additional weapon skill help text stating which weapon skills have which skillchain attributes
    I'd say better late than never, but what are the odds it'll be riddled with mistakes and typos?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    I'd say better late than never, but what are the odds it'll be riddled with mistakes and typos?
    So long as the elements are clear/correct, I don't care if there are typos. lol

Kinda personally hoping that they are just tacking on the elemental symbols rather than the spelled out names as well, which would bypass the issue of localization.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) As far as adding new furnishings go, they can add new furnishings that have existing models in-game. They can not add new graphical assets.

NA1) They are doing heavy duty hardware maintenance and WOW it's gonna be a long one. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by POL
    ■PlayOnline, FINAL FANTASY XI, and the PlayOnline Official Website
    During this maintenance, the following services will be unavailable.

- PlayOnline
    - FINAL FANTASY XI
    - The PlayOnline Official Website (www.playonline.com)
    - Friendlist Plus
    - Migrating from PlayOnline Account to Square Enix Account

* The FINAL FANTASY XI World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance.

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 4, 2017 5:30 to 18:00 (PDT)

■ FINAL FANTASY XI Official Forums
    During this maintenance, the FINAL FANTASY XI Official Forums will be unavailable.

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 4, 2017 7:00 to 15:00 (PDT)
    [Details] - Maintenance to replace/increase the backbone network equipment connecting our various service-providing servers.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hate when they say they can't create new things and then they create them anyway. Can't add any new trusts > add new trusts, can't add any new assets > add new music/events.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Hate when they say they can't create new things and then they create them anyway. Can't add any new trusts > add new trusts, can't add any new assets > add new music/events.
    I believe they are specifically referring to graphical assets every time they bring up the issue. The Trust thing is more that we are running out of room, which would be why they took so long doling out the AAs. The Well furnishing uses existing graphical assets I believe.. though I forget where it was that I've seen them before.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The Well furnishing uses existing graphical assets I believe.. though I forget where it was that I've seen them before.
    Moblin Maze Monger entrance?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They clearly stated months ago, that they cant expand the game with ne graphical assets, only on exisiting graphics.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Except they've already added new graphical assets? New armor and weapons count as something. The fluff ones like Flametongue, Chicken Knife II, etc. Then you have the weapons from master trials. That was my point, clearly its possible yet they make it seem like it isn't.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Except they've already added new graphical assets? New armor and weapons count as something. The fluff ones like Flametongue, Chicken Knife II, etc. Then you have the weapons from master trials. That was my point, clearly its possible yet they make it seem like it isn't.
    The "No New Assets" thing included new zones / environmental graphics. They can shuffle things around, but can't add new trees for instance. It also included item graphics.

Weapons are static models, I believe only 1x version that gets scaled based on player model size, and only a tiny handful of new models have been added since ROV ended. I believe that all of them have been cosmetic weapons too (probably to increase how many jobs/players can get some sort of use out of them.)

Armor needs to be able to warp/deform to account for movement, and needs multiple versions to account for player model size/gender. It's what... 4-5 different versions needed per armor item that need to be made.

Makes sense that they limit the few new models to weapons given how much less work they entail. I don't like it, but I get why given their skeleton crew.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

They added a statue of Lion, which is a furniture item which is what they said they couldn't do. Really just making excuses for them at this point lol. There is "we don't have the time/manpower" and there is "it is physically impossible to add more items." Clearly it isn't impossible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They've pretty much lied about everything ever, like "We will never raise the 75 cap" among a million other things

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

They added a statue of Lion, which is a furniture item which is what they said they couldn't do. Really just making excuses for them at this point lol. There is "we don't have the time/manpower" and there is "it is physically impossible to add more items." Clearly it isn't impossible.
    Lion's model already existed before hand. Shuffling models around (sticking her model on a statue base) is not actually adding new graphical assets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

NA1) October campaigns announcement. Not much to get excited over for me.

JP1) Complaint about the screenshot contest due to having to enter daily.