+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shattered Fleet     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shattered Fleet

The federation's latest noctenium shipment has run aground off the Jagged Coast, and the rescue party’s last report mentioned BAM sightings aboard the derelict ships.

This instance is located a short swim across the channel just outside of Cutthroat Harbor. It's made for a party of 5 but you could probably 4 or 3 man it once you get the hang of it. I've also done this w/o a tank and everything is pretty straightforward.

The first ship will spawn the BAM Mulmok. He's not too dangerous to be honest. He will spawn a bunch of helpers though that get annoying and can overwhelm a person if you aren't careful. I don't think they spawn forever, but defiantly for a good majority of the battle. Also, Mulmok will spawn a mob called "Powder Monkey" who will then lay explosive barrels around the deck. These can take down a party member if not careful so either have a ranged dps destroy them safely or just be out of range when the powder monkey sets them off. You can swarm the mob and kill him or just sleep him and finish off the BAM. Not too difficult. Supposedly if you take too long on the BAM he will get a power buff that makes him more dangerous but I have yet to see this. After he's dead, hop up on the boxes and cross to the next ship.

Probably the easiest BAM of this trio is Fina; a crab type BAM. Normal BAM moves for this mob type, and she can sometimes spawn in little minions. There is supposed to be a way to cheat/skip this one, but I haven't been with a party who does this and tbh it seems like a waste of effort since this battle is so short. Drop off the ship once the BAM is dead and swim across to the final one.

The last boss; Barbosa, isn't too difficult either (Really, this whole run is pretty much tank/spank. Fun to do but not a huge challenge). He has moves just like other BAMs of his type. The snag here is that he will call in 4 Spirits of the dead. These will call out a target and attack them from each corner of the ship. While this is happening the boss pretty much chills and is invincible. So focus on killing these mages mobs asap and then help others do the same thing. When they are dead go back to business as usual. Rinse/repeat.

Loot from here is the usual T14 fodder, a zenith chest, and a chance for Zenith acc. Supposedly the "rookie" buff applies here, which I believe because I got most of my drops when I was still a rookie. It's been ages now since I've seen any acc drop and I'm still sitting on 3/5. Enough for the set buff, but not complete. Ah well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Looks like fun, I still miss Tera a bit since the combat was fun. Been debating buying costumes for the past week before they get dropped from cash shop. lol

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey, the game is FTP! Log back in, DL some updates and play. Then quit when you're tired. No worries either way.