I don't know if you're aware but Tounomamare loves to get on /a/

https://twitter.com/marmalade_macro

http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/97960047

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Shit just got real

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Shit just got real
    Yeah, I loved how they explained some more of the game mechanics and tied that into the lore/storyline

Spoiler: show

Crazy how people lose memories when they die but it makes sense considering experience in a way are memories as well so when you die you lose a portion of both.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'm wondering if people of the land are perhaps old adventurers from alpha/beta that also got trapped in the game and just forgot after dying enough times

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I'm wondering if people of the land are perhaps old adventurers from alpha/beta that also got trapped in the game and just forgot after dying enough times
    But People of the Land are different from adventurers since they actually die after they despawn. It also wouldn't add time-wise seeing as they seem to think their world is quite old.

I think there might be more to the story here. Something like the world of ET also existing as a 'true' world (before?) and digitized? Or maybe we will learn that every matter in the universe is 'information/data' and both our and ET worlds are "real" in a sense and that the world magic is some weird technology to transfer data between them

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nyanta is 240 years old, since he's played since the beta. People of the land should be true inhabitants of the land. I believe that ET is a real world, and that the release of it as a game was a mere magical connection between the world we're familiar with and their world.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems that the newb group really didn't know much about the other classes abilities, so in the next episode Minori gets them all to talk about their skills.

This is kind of funny so I'll just explain what takes place FFXI style:

The SAM/WAR's provoke can't hold hate against the BLM's Firaga and the SAM and BLM argue over it, but then the Bard says that she has Adventurer's Dirge which lowers the enmity so then they all begin to talk about what abilities they have and what they like and dislike about them before going back into the dungeon

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Nyanta is 240 years old, since he's played since the beta. People of the land should be true inhabitants of the land. I believe that ET is a real world, and that the release of it as a game was a mere magical connection between the world we're familiar with and their world.
    This is the best explanation for it I've heard.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post

Seems that the newb group really didn't know much about the other classes abilities, so in the next episode Minori gets them all to talk about their skills.

This is kind of funny so I'll just explain what takes place FFXI style:

The SAM/WAR's provoke can't hold hate against the BLM's Firaga and the SAM and BLM argue over it, but then the Bard says that she has Adventurer's Dirge which lowers the enmity so then they all begin to talk about what abilities they have and what they like and dislike about them before going back into the dungeon
    Slight correction
    His voke has next to no range so when the blm opens with fire1 chainspam(for mp efficiency) he has no hate plus sam abilities go through long ws animations so he cant move to aoevoke right away. The bard doesn't realize adventurer's dirge might be useful in this situation, Mage1 didn't think to give regen duty to mage2 and have mage 2 keep the DD/support healed to save mp, etc

This is also the point where minori fanboys proclaim she is badass despite her not even doing that much despite having a golden grail of FAQs to study with for days/weeks straight on account of "strategist" when the team as a whole made up the strategy and most of this stuff is what we learned in ffxi before we left the dunes. Hearing the fanboys proclaim her greatness for this ( against DC mobs) definitely reinforces the notion that any MMO other than XI is easymode.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

double post

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Slight correction
    His voke has next to no range so when the blm opens with fire1 chainspam(for mp efficiency) he has no hate plus sam abilities go through long ws animations so he cant move to aoevoke right away. The bard doesn't realize adventurer's dirge might be useful in this situation, Mage1 didn't think to give regen duty to mage2 and have mage 2 keep the DD/support healed to save mp, etc

This is also the point where minori fanboys proclaim she is badass despite her not even doing that much despite having a golden grail of FAQs to study with for days/weeks straight on account of "strategist" when the team as a whole made up the strategy and most of this stuff is what we learned in ffxi before we left the dunes. Hearing the fanboys proclaim her greatness for this ( against DC mobs) definitely reinforces the notion that any MMO other than XI is easymode.

I don't think she is much of a strategist at all. This is more common knowledge in most MMOs especially at the beginning stages. It is hard to really compare their levels to FFXI but I am guessing level 20 is when people start forming parties together in Elder Tale which would be equivalent to the dunes. But you are correct, after reading volume 3 again of the light novel it was more of a team decision. She was just the one to speak up and start a discussion on forming a strategy

Damn I miss the old FFXI days

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Incidently... this screenshot is very important to the coming plot.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3622/qknz.png
    See it?

I'll give you a hint... Look at Isuzu's and Rudy's titles...

Answer:
    Using FFXI terms, somebody has a green name

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ignoring anyone else, how come Shiroe didn't notice that

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Ignoring anyone else, how come Shiroe didn't notice that
    Dunno, all I know is it's important for an upcoming plot point.

EDIT: Actually I don't remember them interacting with each other at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think you're right, gotta assume everyone just misses this somehow. This is also an interesting way to foreshadow stuff that could not really be used in Novel or Manga.

So, if I'm interpreting that right...
    He's an NPC?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    So, if I'm interpreting that right...
    He's an NPC?

Which basically means that People of the Land can level up and gain abilities as well.
    Didn't the Round Table give the people of the land the secret to cooking food which requires cooking skill anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post

Which basically means that People of the Land can level up and gain abilities as well.
    Didn't the Round Table give the people of the land the secret to cooking food which requires cooking skill anyways?
    Could perhaps fudge that into general recipes, much like how they couldn't build a steam engine or the like without the proper schematics.

Overall, I can't say I'm seeing the significance of NPCs leveling as they're gone when they die. Unless we find they now break that rule and respawn, too.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Could perhaps fudge that into general recipes, much like how they couldn't build a steam engine or the like without the proper schematics.

Overall, I can't say I'm seeing the significance of NPCs leveling as they're gone when they die. Unless we find they now break that rule and respawn, too.

Last sentence is the important plot point that is coming up sort of
    Spoiler

If NPC's join a contract with a guild they gain an adventurer status and respawn in the Cathedral

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry for forgetting to give you this link over the last few days.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W39...yZx5o/viewform
    You can submit a class localization for your country here as well as additional lore.
    I've thought up two classes so far and I'm going to do some research to see what other folktales I can draw info from are.

I'm also considering the idea of making a broadway actor for America for the fun of it and adding something about a guild of werecats defeating a bunch of hellhounds to the tune of "everybody wants to be a cat" but I should focus on my own country while t has a chance to not have it's existence forgotten about. I cant believe x/y actually deleted my country from the map.