1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gathering shards question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Gathering shards question

Good afternoon, I wanted to know if the resistance to the elements affect the amount of crystals that will be picked up gathering

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

No.

1 per swing unless you have a yield+ skill.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Ohh thanks for the answer , have a nice day

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I mean technically yes the elemental resistance is directly related to the Yield Increase trait. I don't know if Botanists have it but Miners get that trait.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I mean technically yes the elemental resistance is directly related to the Yield Increase trait. I don't know if Botanists have it but Miners get that trait.
    MIN/BTN have the same traits (different names, same effect).

Also, when you're 50, you meet the threshold for every single whisperer trait without even trying.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I think the yield+ nodes are specifically only those in the 26-30 whatever range that give dyes and crystals, so meh.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I Smell someone spam post counted for this thread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does level 50 allow me more attempts at each node? Currently at 30 and only being able to do 4 attempts at the ones available to me is kinda painful (gathering shards).

Nope, just the ward skills.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The level 30 nodes are best place for shards. Go to wherever your log tells you to get crystals of that element and there will be a yield+1 node. Level 20 ward skill is best use of GP but if you're too lazy to level the other DoL to 20 there's a 500 GP yield+2 buff later on.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    The level 30 nodes are best place for shards. Go to wherever your log tells you to get crystals of that element and there will be a yield+1 node. Level 20 ward skill is best use of GP but if you're too lazy to level the other DoL to 20 there's a 500 GP yield+2 buff later on.
    This is exactly how I farm mine. It's still slow, but definitely the fastest way of farming them. I just pick 3 nodes, with one being the +1 gathered node, and rotate between those 3 using the ward skill anytime I can on the +1 node.

It doesn't matter which node you use the ward skill on in this case, it's +8 crystals gathered regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    This is good to know, I thought shards were only at low [under level10] nodes because right now that is all I have unlocked.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    This is exactly how I farm mine. It's still slow, but definitely the fastest way of farming them. I just pick 3 nodes, with one being the +1 gathered node, and rotate between those 3 using the ward skill anytime I can on the +1 node.
    Nevermind, i'm tired or retarded and completely derped on this.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It doesn't matter which node you use the ward skill on in this case, it's +8 crystals gathered regardless.
    Gathering fire shards at the moment and I'm getting 16 from the node with gathering yield +1 + the ward buff.

edit: Derp, I see what you mean. Too tired for math. But yeah, level 30 nodes are still best, since you're getting 8 from one of the nodes without the ward buff lol.