Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    you mean an addon
    aka any effort at all.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Where all the parties at

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Gah sets I forgot you were over here.

Updated models look nice, thank god they finally did that. Though that means all the old content gear will look terrible on everyone equally lol. I remember how bad shit from MC/BWL looked on pandas in MoP.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ya I would hope after they are done with the characters they will go back and do other outdated stuff like gear and mobs. From what I gathered from the art panel, the char models they showed were the only ones they've actually finished. Says to me we've got quite a few filler raids coming before this expansion lol.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't care much for raiding but as long as they keep adding fun content like Timeless Isle for people like me to go dick around in, I'm good with them taking a while to release this. Blizz takes their time with their content and all the people who complain seem to forget that quality > quantity. Filler raids ftw, if the character models are going to beYOOtiful. <3

I hope the updated models include every race other then pandas. The pandas look good, but everything, including worgen/goblins and the rest look outdated.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Ya I would hope after they are done with the characters they will go back and do other outdated stuff like gear and mobs. From what I gathered from the art panel, the char models they showed were the only ones they've actually finished. Says to me we've got quite a few filler raids coming before this expansion lol.
    they said at one point any further panda updates at all would delay the expansion, so there won't be a 5.5, period

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

They may go back on that because my honest guess is that soonest we will see WoD would be xmas of next year. And that's hoping for a lot with the way Blizz delays stuff.

Over a year without content is going to hurt their numbers.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At the rate they're losing subs these days there's no way they'd seriously go a year without any kind of substantial update.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    At the rate they're losing subs these days there's no way they'd seriously go a year without any kind of substantial update.
    Agreed. And it really seems like they won't nearly be ready for a long time.

I mean, I don't have insider info or anything, but this has been my 3rd Blizzcon, and it often seems like what they have to show, they show. They have a ton of races to still remodel/animate, undead male animation not done, dungeons not nearly done, beginning story not done. Garrison still definitely needs a lot more to finish. Not to mention the fact they have two teams trying to push and finish Hearthstone and Heroes who are in beta phases. With two other teams working on RoS and redoing Titan.

Hoping for a 2014 release date is a huge pray imo.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Of course at the same time, making money is making money. Sub numbers dropping for WoW might look bad to some, but Hearthstone is basically an excuse to print money, and pending content for Diablo 3 should be pulling in the dollars.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    They may go back on that because my honest guess is that soonest we will see WoD would be xmas of next year. And that's hoping for a lot with the way Blizz delays stuff.

Over a year without content is going to hurt their numbers.
    that was basically the response of the people they were talking to

led to "any future patch work done would result in an exactly equivalent delay of the expansion"

"so expansions are usually winter, nothing for like a year?"

"no, it'll be faster than that"

"so you're aiming for like late spring or summer?

"well, we're hoping for sooner than that, but..."

Ridill
    BG Level

They also explicitly stated that other projects have taken absolutely nothing from WoW development, for what that's worth.

Ridill
    BG Level

here's what I was talking about, from mmo front page:

Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.

Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?"

A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"

A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

If anything I could see them maybe doing like a little 4 or 5 boss raid like toc that's like a further lead in to WoD, but I doubt even that much will happen.

Oh and if the expansion was a year from now...

Guilds that killed heroic madness at 25 or 30% nerf... aren't going to kill heroic garrosh. Likely still wouldn't even get to him. The last 4 bosses are hard.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    "so expansions are usually winter, nothing for like a year?"
    I think this will be out Summer (August at latest). They will not wait a year without a major content patch. And I know its not you doing this, but a lot of people do relate winter with xpacs and need to stop, there hasn't been a defined timeline. MoP only took ~11 months from Blizzcon and that was with patches in between, we could see this before that if they skip 5.5. MoP came out September in September. Cataclysm took over a year from Blizzcon coming out December. Lich King too, but in November. And TBC is the exception but it landed in January. Like Plow said, at least the content that is out is challenging, but I can't see more than 10 months happening. 8-10 would be fine.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For those who haven't seen it, behold—the best thing to come of BlizzCon:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6