BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

AF Upgrades

A quest which enables players to reforge their artifact armor has been added.

Receiving the quest
    Players are able to receive the quest by speaking with Monisette in Port Jeuno (I-8)

* This quest does not cover relic or empyrean equipment.

Acquiring items needed in the reforging process
    Specific items are needed to reforge your artifact armor, and can be acquired in the following new battlefields aimed at players of level 99 or greater.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post477133

Keep discussion about AF upgrades here to avoid mega discussion threads.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Some of the SMN pieces seem pretty good. The legs are useless though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I don't think many if any of the melee pieces are going to be all that useful. certainly nothing game changing when it comes to stats, particularly in comparison to Skirmish gear. not a lick of stats like sTP for non-Samurai either. really don't know if I should bother continuing to pay the monthly fee at this point, not been able to login in 2-3 weeks anyways.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

some of the thf "increases crit hit dmg" could be nice for sata, gloves were always BIS for TA anyway so now just get better. I still find myself hard pressed to bother making melee comparisons anymore though since the stat vomit. Dunno, just a mental thing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nin gets peices that have haste and dw on them!!! Oh who am I kidding no one cares about nin dd lol. Pup seems to have gotten a ton of pet haste stuff

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hasso hands on sam, could assume the same 2.5 JA haste like pants. Could be a gear changer.

Campaign
    BG Level

A lot of pieces are potentially interesting, but it depends a lot on the Job Specific enhancement. If it's better than the original one then it will be worth, otherwise no.
    Many other pieces are interesting regardless of that of course.

My quick ideas:
    Spoiler: show

SMN
    Head (idle in place of AF3+2, skill set)
    Body (If the BP damage is >=10% then it's gonna be better than AF3+2 body? Altough you still gonna want AF3+2 for idle with Avatar out, unless you got Hagondes, forgot if that can be better)
    Feet (BP damage+, altough ungh... it would need quite a high value to be better than a decently augmented Hagondes Feet? At least for Magical BPs? Something like >10%?)

SCH
    Head (if you like sublimation sets I guess, supposing it's better than the NQ)
    Body (Good for dark magic setups? During Dark Arts? Even if the bonus is +15 like the original one)
    Legs (As above for light arts)
    Feet (good for precast, the NQ ones are sexy already, if these don't give more it's kinda pointless to upgrade tho)

PUP
    Head (Decent anwig alternative, better for mixed master/pet setups)
    Body (as above for the ACP body, probably better than that)
    Hands (ungh... decent for mixed setups, good if the overload effect is better)
    Feet (good for repair if effect is better, good for pet sets)

SAM
    Head (if it actually is better than NQ for Meditate?)
    Hands (augments hasso? o.o and is the rice ball thing gonna be even better than the NQ one? "only" 3% haste but potentially a nice option depending on the hasso aug)

BRD
    Head (For paeon... sounds like a waste if you ask me)
    Body (should be slightly better than AF3+2 body for debuffs)
    Feet (increased duration on songs)

NIN
    Body (can this be better than Thaumas? If the DW is over 5% I assume yes, at least for solo/lowmen where you won't get a plethora of haste)
    Legs (confident even with just 5% DW these should be better than AF2+2)

BST
    Body? (Ungh... kinda depends on the JS thing)
    Hands (Pretty nice alternative to Skadi+1 for Pet:/Mixed sets)

DNC
    Head? (if it gives even more time to sambas, I guess?)
    Body (those waltzes!)
    Feet (as above! And potentially even longer jigs)

MNK
    Head? (JS bonus +?)
    Body? (JS bonus +?)
    Hands? (JS bonus +? Nice STR/DEX too)

So far getting 5 or even worse 10 of those things needed for the upgrade seems to be quite a hassle, especially for the seals gathering.
    Once things start working out and it becomes more common I'll love to get most/all of these items, until then I'll have to make a very specific selection of the pieces I judge to be most useful for my favourite jobs.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Nin gets peices that have haste and dw on them!!! Oh who am I kidding no one cares about nin dd lol. Pup seems to have gotten a ton of pet haste stuff
    It did. We're getting close to/past the cap, with Turbo Charger, of course.
    The good part of these new pieces, compared to the old ones, is that these have good stats for the master too, so they're really nice for mixed sets, whereas the old ones (like Anwig or AF2+2 hands) you could use mostly for stuff where you only deploy the pet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There are a lot of interesting pieces that got added. The sam gloves being potentially sex, but no surprises there -- se clearly faps to what gear they can give sam every update. Have to say though, I lol'd a fuckton when I saw movement 12% on thf/rng af feet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Seems you can get sacred Kindred's crests from all non-NM SoA mobs as well as Abyssea: http://ffxidb.com/items/2957

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Seems to only be heroes areas, whos mobs seem to tange from 85-100. Id think outside mobs that are 95+ will drop em too

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I just spent about 40 min in gustav on the worms/turtles and heres what I got for my efforts:
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:22:28]You find a Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:25:05]You find a Sacred Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:28:07]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:31:15]You find a Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:34:04]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:37:25]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:40:56]You find a Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:45:26]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:47:57]You find a Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:50:46]You find a Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:54:26]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[13:57:23]You find a Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[14:02:21]You find a Kindred's crest on the Boulder Eater.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[14:05:03]You find a High Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.
    Nynja_2013.11.05.log:[14:07:40]You find a Kindred's crest on the Pygmytoise.

the 5 minute lockout doesnt seem to apply for crests (2 HKC's 3m19s apart, and no I wasnt in 3 alliances of 1 person each), but I only got one SKC, and that was coincidentally at the start. I believe the worms are something like 100-103, and turtles are slightly higher at 103-105? lv99 without ilvl gives T/VT worms, and VT turtles. Perhaps there is some chance distribution based on mob level, and the higher level the target, the better chance of SKC's? I'll try a session on some lv 110 mobs and see what turns up. Or, theres a massive fuck you 30-60 minute lockout on SKC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Theres a massive fuck you 30-60 minute lockout on SKC.
    This might be the case. I have exactly two of these seals and I got them on something like the first or second mob of each of my farming sessions.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I spent two hours farming Raaz and rabbits (level 111-113) yesterday, and only got three SKCs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this looks more and more promising!!! way to implement new stuff to do that noone can do, because access is artificially denied!?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This might be the case. I have exactly two of these seals and I got them on something like the first or second mob of each of my farming sessions.
    Same.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I really would have wished for job specific upgrade quests to avoid specifically this kind of BS.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Any truth to the seal lockout can be reset by zoning? Someone in my LS says this works but I haven't tested myself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We had 3 SKC in pool last night farming in Marjami. We ended up with 14 in 90-120min with chain 400(so probably killed around 400 mobs total).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Have all of you doing seal farming tried zoning between seal drops? It resets the seal timer, so if the timer between seals for Sacreds is higher, it should provide some noticeable results. Treasure Hunter reduces the timer as well.

I'm pretty sure getting Sacred all just chance though. Really bad chance. Probably 40/40/20 split between KC/HKC/SKC or some other lopsided shit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast